+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: News Articles About "ROCK STAR": Post Here!!!

Yeah, what's up w/ Mig staying in the U.S. if he's contractually obligated?

And, LOL Brian May! Sure, he WANTS us to think he watched only because he had a vested interest, but we all know he watched because he up-and-got-himself ADDICTED!

We've all been there, Brian May! It's only embarrassing when you hide it. 'Fess up!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer

And, LOL Brian May! Sure, he WANTS us to think he watched only because he had a vested interest, but we all know he watched because he up-and-got-himself ADDICTED!

We've all been there, Brian May! It's only embarrassing when you hide it. 'Fess up!

No one even knew what I was talking about when I said I loved "Rock Star: INXS" so there wasn't even a need to pretend to be embarrassed! Besides, we all enable each other (in a good way).

JLuvs probably knows what's going on, but maybe it says in MiG's contract that he has to finish up his contract within a certain amount of time after the series ended? If he does get a recording contract or something, maybe they'll work it out that he can record it in London while he's doing WWRY. Anyone know how all this legal mumbo jumbo works?

Hey Guys and Girls! Love all the JD articles. I'm so happy for him...I heard the tail end of Pretty Vegas on Mix 99.9 in TO the other day. I was so happy to hear it being played, until the DJ made some snarky remark about JD and his "name". How made up it sounded,and he was just a reality show winner, not like a real musician etc. OH...lets give him a chance shall we? I don't know what is up with DJ's, they always seem so quick to pick on anyone who doesn't go the usual route...
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes
    Hey Guys and Girls! Love all the JD articles. I'm so happy for him...I heard the tail end of Pretty Vegas on Mix 99.9 in TO the other day. I was so happy to hear it being played, until the DJ made some snarky remark about JD and his "name". How made up it sounded,and he was just a reality show winner, not like a real musician etc. OH...lets give him a chance shall we? I don't know what is up with DJ's, they always seem so quick to pick on anyone who doesn't go the usual route...
    Bear in mind that many DJs are on the air to incite controversy and make something out of nothing...

You know, the irony is, so what if his name was made up (even though it isn't)? Bob Dylan wasn't born Bob Dylan. David Bowie was David Jones. Engelbert Humperdink actually changed his name to that (what the heck was he smoking?).

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I would guess that he has Brian's permission to stay longer, since he had to get permission to leave and be on Rockstar in the first place. You would have to ask him yourself to know though.

I am sure that Brian does not want to slight MiG of any oppurtunites that came about during this show and if he is decent enough to allow MiG this time off to be on the show I am sure he decent enough to give him a few more weeks to look through any offers that he has been given.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Blue Eyes, I listen to the Mix all the time (much better than CHFI at work!), and have heard PV about 5 times since last Tuesday. I bop around at my desk the whole time.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

JLuvs probably knows what's going on, but maybe it says in MiG's contract that he has to finish up his contract within a certain amount of time after the series ended? If he does get a recording contract or something, maybe they'll work it out that he can record it in London while he's doing WWRY. Anyone know how all this legal mumbo jumbo works?
    Now that I am done with work -- I have not a clue about any contracts to do with anyone. I am just a fan who went to the shows. If the contestants had any contracts to sign like the audience did, and I am sure they must have, they could be tied up for awhile.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Apparently there was a Sirius radio hour-long interview with the band today? Did anyone catch it?? Someone who was listening and posts on another board said:

Quote:

As per their final decision: "JD won our hearts, it felt like a band with him immediately. Our energies were directed inwards and then outward". They felt they had to concerntrate on where they were with Marty whereas it was just natural with JD.

"In our hearts a couple times JD should have gone Ė thank god we didnít let him go. The beauty of the TV has been the journeys of Marty and JD." He goes on to say that were so down the list in the first couple of weeks and now JD is the winner and marty will have such great a future.

GGMCB says that JD and Marty above all others listened to directions from INXS. MiG fell back on his Theater

End Quote.

How cool is that? They are so happy they didn't cut him earlier...so am I!
    I'll post more snippets if I run across them.

Some more from the radio interview:

INXS met JD as "Jason" and now "JD" but he said "Whatever they want to call me is good".

When told that his first interview is at 5 am JD said "Man, I gotta go to bed now then." But then he found out about the finale party and said - "Well then I'll just stay up."

INXS: felt "Like home to me". "All the pieces of my life that were missing had come together on the stage and these men represent what I'm aspiring to as a musician and a person."

JD said that he finds himself in all of Andrew F's music.

And, given the propensity for JD to nail himself in the face with mic's and megaphones... He said that he won't be able to handle the Megaphone on the road maybe a "little tiny one". "We can put the megaphone on the wall in the tour bus, and use it to page each other - 'Hey Kirk! Come back here.".
    Last edited by sweetpea; 09-26-2005 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Apparently there was a Sirius radio hour-long interview with the band today? Did anyone catch it?? Someone who was listening and posts on another board said:
    From sirius.com

INXS Exclusive Interview
    Today 2:00 pm ET
    Richard Blade welcomes all five original members of INXS for a SIRIUS exclusive interview! Also talking with Richard is JD Fortune, the band's new lead singer and winner of Rock Star: INXS, Marty Casey, the reality show runner up and opening act on the upcoming INXS world tour, plus Rock Star: INXS co-host and guitar god, Dave Navarro.

Rebroadcast: Sat., Oct. 1st @ 3 pm ET.

So who is going to get Sirius by Saturday and transcribe? Anyone know shorthand?

ETA: Sirius online has a free 3 day trial! Sign up Friday and enjoy it over the weekend, including the chat rebroadcast! Ooooooooooo, I can't wait!
    Last edited by PurrpleCat; 09-26-2005 at 11:53 PM.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

+ Reply to Thread