+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: News Articles About "ROCK STAR": Post Here!!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    "No, I haven't had any sleep yet. It's wonderful, though. I'm running on adrenaline and ginger ale, basically," he said.
    What a cute comment!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I loved those articles! Thanks so much for finding them guys. I thought Brian May was being snotty. Cool to see Rolling Stone cover the show. I thought JD sounded very excited in all the pieces. He's articulate, sounds bright, sounds like he thinks outside of the box. I can see why they were concerned about Suzie's interview skills, after seeing JD's responses. I liked that he's existing on adrenaline and gingerale. How Canadian of him!
    Your are so welcome! And Sweetpea, you know how much *I* appreciate your efforts! I love when he says he'd be getting sick of himself, because I'm not there yet. Of course I haven't been able to find a station in LA that is playing the single. LAGuy, JLuvs? Have you heard it anywhere? (Doesn't help that virtually every station has tweaked their format all at once)

I love the articles, especially, where we're hearing what he felt at the moment (I had a feeling he was the only one in the world faked out by Tim), and how he's been bonding with the guys. I love Jon's comment about the tv exposure.

I'm also thrilled that Andrew wants to use the song from the last workshop they did. Can't wait to hear it. Now I'd like to see some articles with the band to see what they were thinking throughout the season and when they knew for sure.

I'd also love to be a fly on the wall as JD gets to see all the reality episodes!
    Last edited by PurrpleCat; 09-25-2005 at 12:57 PM.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

giz
    I'd love to hear something from the band about how their decision-making process evolved. Probably won't happen though. I was faked out by Tim. I keep replaying that scene, it was so great. I like how JD said he was on his way down anyway, cause he thought he was getting cut. Made me laugh.

I thought Brian May was being snotty.
    If you are talking about his comment about not replacing Freddie Mercury I think that he is right on in his comments. I don't think Freddie should ever be replaced and I have every Queen CD.

Of course I haven't been able to find a station in LA that is playing the single. LAGuy, JLuvs? Have you heard it anywhere?
    I don't listen to the radio. I have about 700 cds and they are pretty much all I listen to.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

giz
    No, he's got every right not to want to replace Freddie, but I thought he was being condescending saying that he thought a reality show was beneath INXS. I do find the English can be a little tactless, at least compared to Canadian obseqiousness!

No, he's got every right not to want to replace Freddie, but I thought he was being condescending saying that he thought a reality show was beneath INXS. I do find the English can be a little tactless, at least compared to Canadian obseqiousness!
    Ah. I am from England and that is just the way we speak, either you love it or hate it. I don't think there is much middle ground, at least he isn't holding anything back.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Even though he said that bit about reality shows being embarrassing and degrading, he still watched the last few episodes, didn't he? I think his opinion did change to more positive after watching several episodes, though he still didn't like the overly-dramatic elimination parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Even though he said that bit about reality shows being embarrassing and degrading, he still watched the last few episodes, didn't he? I think his opinion did change to more positive after watching several episodes, though he still didn't like the overly-dramatic elimination parts.
    He watched because MiG is contractually obligated to come back to WWRY if he did not win the show. So he does have a vested interest in that, especially if he needs to cast a new person.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    Your are so welcome! And Sweetpea, you know how much *I* appreciate your efforts!
    Hey Purrple! It's funny, I actually figured out how to use the Google Alerts so every morning I wake up to an email with lots of links to articles about INXS and JD Fortune. Goes great with a cup of coffee! Hopefully this way I can keep track of the boys from here on out, as I don't think I can go cold turkey....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    He watched because MiG is contractually obligated to come back to WWRY if he did not win the show. So he does have a vested interest in that, especially if he needs to cast a new person.
    That's interesting. Then what's this about MiG saying he intends to stick around L.A. to see if he could land a recording contract?

+ Reply to Thread