+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 145

Thread: News Articles About "ROCK STAR": Post Here!!!

  1. #31
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    Hey sweetpea, Did you get that article off the post I made on MiG's thread ? Interesting comment, isn't it? I made my views clear on that thread
    No, actually, I got the link from another board I read.

  2. #32
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    [url]
    Mig too good for INXS

    September 23, 2005


    MIG Ayesa, Australia's only contender in the competition to reclaim the lead role in INXS, yesterday vowed to return to rock 'n' roll, saying it was only his lack of a bad boy image that kept him from claiming Michael Hutchence's former role.


    Ayesa, who made it to the top three in the reality TV audition show, said INXS's new lead singer JD Fortune was selected for his destructive streak something Ayesa said was not his style.

    "I think they were looking for a bad boy which was something they made very clear," he said.

    "Everything that JD did that was a bit unfair or a bit risque or a bit 'dude, that's really out of line', INXS said, 'That's fantastic'.

    "Every time I thought he would be pulled up he was congratulated."

    Ayesa said that bad boy image could "definitely" backfire on the rock band as JD could be a difficult man to live with, but he also wished INXS well with their upcoming tour and album.

    .

    You know, I really warmed up to Mig as the summer went on. I'm usually not one that goes with what everyone else wants. Everyone thought Paul McCartney was the cute Beatle, I liked George Harrison. I guess what I'm saying is I never really follow the trends. And Mig was big for a lot of people who watched this show. But he did win me over somewhat. Until I read this article. Apparantly his "good boy" image doesn't extend to being a gracious non-winner (I did not say loser as that does sound SO bad doesn't it?).

    The news articles have all been interesting. Marty, while I liked him less than Mig has been more gracious in his quotes. He has moved up in my eyes. I hope they all have success. But Mig needs to not let the reporters goad him into making bad quotes like he did here. Makes it look bad for him in the end.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #33
    Combat Missions Fan Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, of course!
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    From the NY Times, an article about RockStar INXS

    Mr. Goffin said that basic issue of trust was overcome, slowly, with help from outside singers and songwriters who wanted to support INXS. "The Doors, very early on, said yes," he said. The Doors also lost their own original lead singer, Jim Morrison, in 1971, officially from heart failure. "When we got the Doors, I believe we obtained legitimacy," Mr. Goffin said. "There was a snowball effect."
    That is so cool that The Doors were onboard early on. They opened the doors for other great bands to lend their music to this show. The caliber of the songs, as well as the talent of the contestants, is what made this show a hit.

  4. #34
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,968
    There's a very funny video clip of Kirk and JD at

    http://www.canada.com/toronto/video/jd1.html

    Kirk basically says one big turning point for him was when JD broke away from the group songwriting project and did his own thing, and that rock and roll was about breaking the rules. When JD did that, Kirk thought " YEAH! He gets it! "

    Too funny, that the thing everyone thought JD would get booted for was the very thing that put him in the lead as far as the band was concerned.

  5. #35
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    That is so cool that The Doors were onboard early on. They opened the doors for other great bands to lend their music to this show. The caliber of the songs, as well as the talent of the contestants, is what made this show a hit.
    I don't remember anyone singing a Doors song. Does anyone remember what song and who sang it?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #36
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I don't remember anyone singing a Doors song. Does anyone remember what song and who sang it?
    Daphna performed "People Are Strange" during the first week.

  7. #37
    Wishing for spring Mellon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    39
    Posts
    598
    Just to take the MiG article a little further... Please recall, if you will, during the "Press Clinic", that it was MiG who decided to do some JD bashing at the urging of the reporter. Everyone else had the tact to keep their own opinions of the others to themselves at that point, all except MiG. I do think that he has huge sour grapes & the fact that some of the voters were keeping him out of the bottom 3 based solely on his abs caused him to get a rather large ego. Given the fact that he didn't even make the final 2 probably cut him down quite a bit.

    Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

    Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

  8. #38
    giz
    giz is offline
    FORT Fogey giz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,895
    I find it odd about MiG's comments about JD. Most of the house shots with the two of them show them getting along pretty well (with exceptions of course). But given the chance he keeps moaning about JD. I know some people appreciate honesty, but I think people who aren't die-hard fans might find it a little off, and as MyRosiedog said, best he learns to be more tactful with the press. I also find it odd, as since he's from theatre, he presumably has gone to lots of auditions and not gotten the job. You'd think he'd be used to it.

  9. #39
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon
    Just to take the MiG article a little further... Please recall, if you will, during the "Press Clinic", that it was MiG who decided to do some JD bashing at the urging of the reporter. Everyone else had the tact to keep their own opinions of the others to themselves at that point, all except MiG. I do think that he has huge sour grapes & the fact that some of the voters were keeping him out of the bottom 3 based solely on his abs caused him to get a rather large ego. Given the fact that he didn't even make the final 2 probably cut him down quite a bit.
    I think you're all making too much out of this one article that ran on him after he lost the competition.

    I read what MiG said in the news story and my feeling is, "So what?" He didn't say JD was untalented. He didn't say he hated JD. He didn't say the competition was fixed. And what the article also didn't include was everything else he said...he may have said some flattering things about JD they chose not to include because it didn't fit the thrust of their story: "Mig Ayesa--Sour Grapes Loser."

    You know, was Marty an ass for saying on one of the shows that he was surprised MiG was still around--that he thought MiG would've been bumped off by then? No, because he was just giving his opinion as to how he saw it played out.

    RE: the clinic -- Other contestants may also have said something negative about JD (or any of the others) but the way it was edited, they made drama out of MiG and JD that week. What they didn't show was how many times the reporter (who was from the tabloid the Star, by the way) tried to get him to say something bad about JD over and over again. In the end, remember he felt really bad about saying it and went to apologize to JD for opening his yap to the press? (This whole thing reminds me...I remember seeing one of the girls from "THE REAL WORLD" saying how the producers kept going after her and after her to say something negative about her roommate. Finally she gave them a little something and that became the story arc for the rest of the season.)

    Mellon, I know you're just getting your point across, but I find it insulting that you would assume that the only reason people voted for MiG was because of his abs. If that were the case, I would've voted for that really old dude in the Backstreet Boys who's totally ripped.

    To tell you the truth, a lot of the music I like the best has nothing to do with who the artist is. I love Oasis even though the two leaders are arrogant asses who say the most ludricuous things in the press. (Liam Gallagher was actually very rude to Michael Hutchence...as well as to just about every other musician around. I can only imagine what either of the Gallagher brothers would have to say about JD...)

    JD won. Does that mean he's the best. Let's put it this way. George W. Bush won the U.S. presidency...twice. Does that mean he's the best?

    And MyRosieDog, I always liked George Harrison the best, too. I actually thought he was classically handsome...

  10. #40
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    704
    [QUOTE=Lois Lane]JD won. Does that mean he's the best. Let's put it this way. George W. Bush won the U.S. presidency...twice. Does that mean he's the best?

    /QUOTE]

    Ah Lois...you didn't just use a George "War" Bush anology on poor Canadian Boy JD did you?

    I know you're not JD's biggest fan but does he need to be in the same sentence as Herr Bush?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.