+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: News Articles About "ROCK STAR": Post Here!!!

Thanks for that article Sweetpea, it's my favourite!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Oakville being just outside of Nova Scotia...I think that's like my cousin telling people (when she lived overseas) she was from Chicago when she's actually from a small town in Wisconsin. She figured no one would know the Wisconsin town but most people would have at least heard of Chicago. I'm sure they were trying to put it in perspective to the rest of the world who wouldn't know what Oakville was. That is funny though...1,000 miles...

I've had that happen overseas when people ask where are you from and I'd say Florida and invariably the responses were either: Disney World? or Miami Beach?

Yeah both of those. Live right outside about 200 miles from each! LOL
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I've had that happen overseas when people ask where are you from and I'd say Florida and invariably the responses were either: Disney World? or Miami Beach?

Yeah both of those. Live right outside about 200 miles from each! LOL
    Isn't that funny how people perceive us? Did you tell them you were related to Mickey Mouse?

Thanks to everyone for posting all the great articles in here...I love reading them!

Only in Hollywood : 'Rock Star' finale: Inquirer was there

First posted 09:58pm (Mla time) Sept 25, 2005
    By Ruben V. Nepales
    Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A2-2 of the September 26, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

Can't hear you, mate

We're still partially deaf, no thanks to the piercing screams of a JD Fortune fan who was one seat away from us during last week's taping of the "Rock Star: INXS" finale at the CBS Studios.

The poor young girl who sat right next to this female JD devotee must be suffering from shattered eardrums herself. Not content to shriek her love for JD, the 400-pound screamer stood up often, dancing and shaking the floor. The rest of us in the seated audience (right behind Dave Navarro and the INXS band) feared for our lives. It was like an intensity 10 tremor.

Studio ushers constantly came over to say, "Ma'am, can you please stay seated?" One of them finally stood by our row to make sure that this rabid fan doesn't sprint and tackle her beloved JD to the stage floor while he was performing.

A surprisingly heavy downpour that drenched LA for the first time in several months failed to keep "Rock Star" fans in bed. Folks who wanted to be part of the on-camera audience stood in line outside the studio gates, holding up umbrellas (a rare sight in these parts). The early morning call time did not deter these people, either, from donning the regulation club gear-which in LA could mean anything from glittery tops to short shorts. Many of the ladies wore the club staple, of course: bosom-baring tops.

Not a few snickers greeted the announcement inside the studio that each of the top three contenders received a 2006 Honda Civic. Somehow, a rockista tooling around in a Honda doesn't jive.

Remember me?

The deliberations among the INXS members that resulted in MiG being eliminated took a long time. Bill, the emcee who had been warming up the studio audiences before each of the tapings and who had been keeping the spectators' high level of enthusiasm during lulls, had his work cut out for him.

Among the things Bill (known as "Warm Up Guy" on "Rock Star" message boards) did while we all waited in suspense for the Top two to be announced was ask each of the sacked 12 contestants for an update on their lives since they left the show. Some were disarmingly honest. Jessica Robinson said she was back at her construction job in Chicago, while Wil Seabrook asked the studio audience with a smile, "Do you even remember me?"

But all of these contestants, including the construction worker, rattled off the names of their websites and most of them said they were selling their albums on these sites.

When INXS finally announced which two guys would stay, MiG understandably looked sad. Viewed up close, right there in the studio, MiG's shaken demeanor was heart-tugging. But before long, MiG was his cheery self again as he joined the eliminated contestants watching from the sidelines.

The house band, which did a terrific job backing the contenders for 11 weeks, must have also felt like they were eliminated from the show. They left the stage to make way for INXS and their instruments and equipment, which included fancy laser lights. The house band guys sat on the floor right beside me, since there were no more empty seats.

Ms. JD Fan asked the guys, "How does it feel to be on the other side?" The drummer was game enough to answer, "It feels strange."

Mini-concert

Dave Navarro turned around from his "throne," got up from his chair and walked over to the band, hugging and thanking each one. Even INXS, when they returned to their seats to make the final announcement, asked Paul Mirkovich and his colleagues why they were sitting in the back. By the way, Brooke Burke was surprisingly poised and engaging.

There was a long wait before that final decision was announced, so Bill conducted impromptu booty-shaking contests for males and females.

What the TV audiences from all over the world missed was a mini-concert with INXS and their new front man, JD. "We are INXS," proclaimed JD before one of the songs and indeed, he looked and sounded like he had been with the band for ages.

But when one of the INXS guys asked, "How are you holding up?" JD replied, "I don't even know if this is really happening." He added, "What a dream this is."

Looking up at the second level audience section, the newly crowned rocker said, "That's my family up there." Then gesturing to the INXS members behind him, he quipped to his family, "This is the band I was telling you about." The "new INXS" sang several more songs. Vocally, JD sounded good with the band but only time will tell if this is the perfect match, personality-wise.

http://news.inq7.net/entertainment/i...=51354&col=134
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Wow. How nice of the reporter in the above article to stress the poor JD-fan's weight. Never mind that she was probably having a great time. Now she's the topic of a reporter's review of the show, and the focus of his derision. What a schmuck (and that is the nicest thing I could think of to say about him)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Wow. How nice of the reporter in the above article to stress the poor JD-fan's weight. Never mind that she was probably having a great time. Now she's the topic of a reporter's review of the show, and the focus of his derision. What a schmuck (and that is the nicest thing I could think of to say about him)
    Agreed, I was more interested in the bit about the houseband on the floor. I'd love to hear which rawkers the houseband liked working/performing with.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    Vocally, JD sounded good with the band but only time will tell if this is the perfect match, personality-wise.
    Agreed. The writer was intentionally mean about a fan who was enjoying herself. He could've gotten the same point across without mentioning that she was overweight. It added nothing to the story.

BTW, I HATE it when writers say, "Only time will tell..." Really? Thanks for filling us in. It's such a cheap literary device.

Thanks for posting it! It's still nice to have in our "collection"...

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    Agreed, I was more interested in the bit about the houseband on the floor. I'd love to hear which rawkers the houseband liked working/performing with.
    You can read about that kind of stuff on the Rockstar Go Home website. They have interviews with the rockers, band members, host and other people involved in the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea

Well its from the inquirer, so what do you expect. The poor girl was probably around 180 and they made it sound like she was 400 pounds. Next they'll have a picture of her on the cover looking 800 pounds announcing she's having JD's love child.

I really hate people that make an issue about weight. (and gender and race and religon and sexual preference. Like JD says: we are all human beings)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

giz
    Unnecessary fan-slights aside, it was interesting. I thought it was wierd he didn't know Nate's name or the INXS bandmember's name, but good to hear a little more about the last show. Thanks Purplecat.

+ Reply to Thread