+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Stars on Tour?

Rock Stars on Tour?

Did I hear that right?

Catch your favorite Rock Star coming soon to a town near you?

Losers (as opposed to winner) on tour like AI? Did the AI winners tour on those?

I guess all the RS contestants have 1 year (tour/album?) contracts. I was so looking forward to the Lovehammers coming to a town near me... I just don't see Marty getting the job, and as much as I like him, I'm not even sure I want him to win. It just seems like such a stretch (for both Marty and INXS). The only hope is: it's all been Mark Burnett editing and the band is actually ready to blindly follow Marty.

That being said I would definitely pay to see Marty being his wonderful, screaming self. Seeing Jordis, Suzie, Mig or (even JD, OK not really... ) etc... would be kinda cool as well.

I should have figured this might happen but it surprised for some reason. I'm sure a Canadian leg is in the works as well with so many Canadian contestants.

You can sign up for information about the tour at the official rockstar site.

I would love to see all of them in concert. Take it from me, as the shows are basically a mini-concert, all of them are very entertaining.

I hope the house band gets to go with them as they are supremely talented.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    uhhh, how much are the tickets? I'd like to go but I suspect it's way out of my budget.

Hmmm, this rockstar tour is puzzling...

The winner has a 1-yr contract to front INXS. But how can they devote themselves to that, if they're also participating in the tour?

So I suppose the tour is just for the non-winners, and so probably INXS won't be playing at the tour either. So would people be super-enthusiastic to see a concert of runner-ups? Of course they were all good, but still... wouldn't the whole show be a little anti-climatic if you knew the big winner wasn't gonna be a part of it?

Perhaps it'll be fashioned like the AI tour, with all the runner-ups performing, and then a big finale each night consisting of INXS doing a set with their new lead.
    (Although that'd make it kinda tricky for the band to separate themselves from the cheesiness of TV to re-establish themselves as respectable authentic rockers.) Hmmm.

I was wondering the same thing - how could the winner have time to do this tour? But Brooke did say that all "15" would be on this tour. ???

I don't have any info about who will be on the tour, but I did find this interesting. I bought the Rock Star t-shirt for my son, and on the back of it there is a tour schedule. Now, if this is truly the schedule or not, I can't verify. However, this is what is listed on the back of the shirt:

Atlanta (Jan. 20th--22nd)
    Orlando (Jan. 22nd--24th)
    Charlotte (Jan. 25th--27th)
    Nashville (Jan. 27--29th)
    New York (Jan. 30--Feb. 1st)
    Minneapolis (Feb. 1st--3rd)
    Toronto (Feb. 4th--6th)
    Chicago (Feb. 6th--8th)
    London (Feb. 8th, 9th, & 11th)
    Liverpool (Feb. 10th)
    Boston (Feb. 9th--11th)
    Omaha (Feb. 11th--13th)
    New Orleans (Feb. 14--16th)
    Austin (Feb. 16th--18th)
    Seattle (Feb. 19th--21st)
    Los Angeles (Feb. 25th--26th)
    Auckland (March 1st)
    Sydney (March 5th--8th)
    Dubai (March 24th)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet
    Chicago (Feb. 6th--8th)
    Liverpool (Feb. 10th)
    Boston (Feb. 9th--11th)
    Omaha (Feb. 11th--13th)
    Are these dates right? Seems kinda impossible to be playing in London, Boston, and Omaha all on the same day, nevermind the travel logistics of going from Chicago to London/Liverpool to Boston to Omaha on successive/same days.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan
    Are these dates right? Seems kinda impossible to be playing in London, Boston, and Omaha all on the same day, nevermind the travel logistics of going from Chicago to London/Liverpool to Boston to Omaha on successive/same days.
    They're going to time travel. Mark Burnett's making a new show about it...

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet
    I don't have any info about who will be on the tour, but I did find this interesting. I bought the Rock Star t-shirt for my son, and on the back of it there is a tour schedule. Now, if this is truly the schedule or not, I can't verify. However, this is what is listed on the back of the shirt:

Atlanta (Jan. 20th--22nd)
    Orlando (Jan. 22nd--24th)
    Charlotte (Jan. 25th--27th)
    Nashville (Jan. 27--29th)
    New York (Jan. 30--Feb. 1st)
    Minneapolis (Feb. 1st--3rd)
    Toronto (Feb. 4th--6th)
    Chicago (Feb. 6th--8th)
    Liverpool (Feb. 10th)
    Boston (Feb. 9th--11th)
    Omaha (Feb. 11th--13th)
    New Orleans (Feb. 14--16th)
    Austin (Feb. 16th--18th)
    Seattle (Feb. 19th--21st)
    Los Angeles (Feb. 25th--26th)
    Auckland (March 1st)
    Sydney (March 5th--8th)
    Dubai (March 24th)

Thanks for the info. The conflicting dates (if correct) could only mean they're breaking the group into 2 for some legs of the tour? On a side note, it's quite disappointing to see only one canadian stop. I tend to avoid T.O. at all costs but would have to make an exception in this case.

+ Reply to Thread