+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

bbnbama, you and I are on the same plane- my son thinks dave is a charles manson wannabe, and I too want to see more Mig w/o shirt!
    Go Tigers!

Well, I can finally see the Jim Morrison comments about JD. I like "Pretty" (and LOVE "Money"), but the scary Lizard King impression he kept sliding in and out of drove me crazy.

But I also enjoyed his stage presence for the first time this week. He really is a natural in front of a crowd.

ETA: Marty is just so pretty. oh yeah, and I like his singing.

He is just mesmerizing. He totally has that dark, 70s Bowie-esque charisma.
    Last edited by jasmar; 09-14-2005 at 02:39 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

DVM? SweetPea? LAGuy? Were you all as mezmerized by Money as I was? I too liked last weeks Pretty Vegas better, but Dave playing the song kind of distracted. Money was AWESOME.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Newbie
    Brooek is a mediocre hostess, the only way to salvage her gig is to dress her up in distracting outfits.
    Answers to the questions seemed rehearsed. The contestants must've been told exactly what question they would be asked.
    Am I the only one who didn't like "What's Going On?". It's too high for Suzie's range so she had to sing it an octave too low. makes me wonder why she was assigned that song.
    J.D. did very well. I think it all comes down to who INXS thinks will be more difficult to get along with, JD or Marty. I still think Marty is better off losing, he'll do better on his own than with these oldtimers.
    Mig stunk up the joint. He's not believable trying to do a "dark" song. They probably want to get rid of Mig so they have a woman in the finals, which would mean he gets the boot after his only appearance in the bottom 3 while Suzie survives after being in the bottom 3 almost every week. [mod edit]
    Last edited by Wolf; 09-14-2005 at 02:45 AM.

Okay, so you all know by now that I'm an unabashed Mig fan… but honestly, what was wrong with Paint it Black? I was expecting a Jordis special from the descriptions here, but I actually liked it. I just didn't get a shiny-hapy vibe from it.

I've come to the conclusion that JD may be the best choice for the band (depending on where they want to take things), but I preferred Mig over JD tonight.

I just saw the shirt throw. This guy is 36??!! I'd love to know how he keeps in shape.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    You know what it is with MiG? He can rock and can do some fabulous performances. But his voice just doesn't conjure up pure lust. Maybe it's because he doesn't work his lower register much. He has a pretty face and a smokin' body, but.... the lust stems from there. I hate to compare to Michael Hutchence, but that's what it is - Michael's voice just oozed sensuality, edge, and a bit of the darkness that haunted him. MiG's "niceness" is coming through in his voice. Too pure, too nice? Sounds like it. Unlike JD and Marty, who routinely sing in a deeper tones, MiG just doesn't conjure up darkness with his voice.

JD, on the other hand, has the looks and can do darkness. His Elvis/Morrison affectations aside, he can be really good - or horribly bad (We Are The Champions, anyone?) But JD can conjure up some serious heat (Cold As Ice, anyone?).

Marty - he's all about the dark. With more vocal training to improve his actual singing range, he could be REALLY great. And the camera just LOVES his face. I agree with the person who said he's not sexy, but his performance is. I find him mesmerizing to watch - Lithium, and tonight with Creep - wow. And he even dropped that weird pseudo-Scottish affect. I loved it.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

giz
    Well based on a first viewing, JD had it all sewn up for me. His stage presence is amazing, and I think that's the best I've heard him sing (on Money). Suzie was pretty good too, great voice, I just don't find her as watchable. On vocals alone she should get it, but as a whole package, J.D.

Marty tonight I didn't care for. Trees is really starting to bug me. It just seems so amatuerish compared to Pretty Vegas. And the screaming in Creep. Too much. He also is not INXS-ish. At all. MiG just can't do dark. Seal song was a little better. I've decided that MiG should replace Maurice Gibb. Much better gig for him (I am being somewhat fascetious). They're all pretty good, but I'm pulling for JD. He would fill the venues, do brilliant videos, and work well within the genre the band is comfortable with.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=jasmar]Okay, so you all know by now that I'm an unabashed Mig fan… but honestly, what was wrong with Paint it Black? I was expecting a Jordis special from the descriptions here, but I actually liked it. I just didn't get a shiny-hapy vibe from it.[QUOTE]

to me it was the difference between singing it like he thinks it should feel and actually singing it like he felt it in his gut. but that's just my opinion. i must admit however, i'm biased, pretty men annoy me.

FORT Newbie
    I think Trees is a better song because it has a catchier melody although I agree the lyrics are rather trite.

FORT Fanatic
    I thought Mig was absolutely terrible.
    Marty's Creep was wicked
    Suzie was fun but uninspiring
    JD was excellent with Money, but I feel he's lost some fire and missed a huge opportunity to really perform Pretty Vegas.

+ Reply to Thread