+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    It's always embarrassing to see a woman in her 20's dress like a teenager.

I was worried that Marty's "control" comment was suicidal, but he explained it when questioned.
    How kind of you to think she's still in her 20s.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Why can't we post on the Marty thread anymore? Loved him since he made "Hit Me Baby One More Time" something worth listening to. (don't hate me please!)
    Go Tigers!

Marty was great, he has tons of charisma to keep audiences eyes on him even when he just sits or stands there. He doesn't overdo it, nor is he boring. Simply great.

JD, well, I just do not get him or his stage act. Would prefer never to see or hear him again. (And at this point I have to admit that I think this is partially because he reminds me of a certain ex, so I am not completely fair judging JD.) But I can see why some people might like him.

MiG, he was ok, just a tad on the cheesy side. He still has the most gorgeous eyes.

Suzie, she did not do so hot tonight. In fact, I thought she was by far the worst; the stage presence just was/is not there, and her grinding act never looks right.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Thanks for laughing at my Brookie joke .

I really liked Marty and JD both tonight. Have to admit that JDs growing on me.

I'm guessing that Suzie will go after tonight, but it might be MiG.

I agree with what others have said about him being too peppy during Paint It Black. He seemed to be suffering from Ty syndrome and couldn't keep from smiling a few times. He also appeared really nervous in the beginning.

It's been a fun show, and they've all done a good job. Can't wait to see who gets chosen. Does anyone know what the format is next week? I didn't realize that this was the last performance show. I hope that just means that it's the last set of performances we're voting on.

Edited to Add:

I agree about Marty and Hit Me Baby One More Time being a turning point. I went around singing it for days, and I never really even noticed it when Miss B sang it.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 09-14-2005 at 12:16 AM. Reason: more to say
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I really just want Mig to take his shirt off again..er, um, I mean sing again...
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Why can't we post on the Marty thread anymore? Loved him since he made "Hit Me Baby One More Time" something worth listening to. (don't hate me please!)
    All of the threads in a forum are locked until the show is seen on the west coast to keep spoiler information confined to the show discussion thread.

FORT Newbie
    I doubt most Australians are voting for Mig. First, Rock Star INXS is not on free to air TV but cable in Australia which means most Australians are not watching the show. Second, Mig is not your typical Australian male so there is no guarantee that he will connect with the Australian audience. Third, it is wrong to assume that Australians will vote parochially for Mig. It is like saying that Americans will be voting for Marty because he is American. Fourth, Australia's population is smaller than the State of New York so there is no leverage in population numbers.

If anything, I think Mig has a huge popularity in Asia because of his background and his polite personality seems more to accord with Asian values.

I don't have any strong feelings about JD but am I the only one who thinks "Pretty Vegas" is so horribly mediocre? I liked his Money performance except for, well, the hand gestures.

Suzie sounds like every chick at a karaoke bar. Yawn.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    The performances on this show just keep getting better and better, I'm really going to miss it when it's over. Suzie came out and really got the audience going with Interstate Love Song, and completely OWNED with What's Up. I have to say, that I really didn't think she was right for this competition during the first couple of weeks, but she's sold me. If OB:INXS™ decide they want a female singer, she's the right one. JD got to sing his song Pretty Vegas and nailed it (and gave Dave a peck on the cheek). I love that he's bejeweled his megaphone. He did an admirable job of Money, loved the touch of throwing the cash into the crowd. Marty also got to sing his catchy ditty Trees, this time doing an acoustic version with Dave. I LOVE this song. So not the dark scary conductor when he sings it. To show his range, OB:INXS™ asked him to sing Creep, a song that really plays to his strengths, and of course he nails it. MiG is asked to sing Paint It Black. I loved the arrangement, and Dave and the House Band rocked. Mig, well, it was good, really good in fact, but kind of boyband sounding. Unfortunately, I would have to say the same about Kiss From a Rose. Granted, it's really not a rock song, but it just really makes me think that as talented as he is, he isn't right for OB:INXS™. And the early voting backed me up on that.
    1. Marty,
    2. JD,
    3. Suzie,
    4. MiG,

and that's how I would place them as well.

Oh yeah, Suzie really should get the encore for What's Up
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-14-2005 at 01:02 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    Brooke - When you have to have electrolysis on your pubic hair so you can wear your clothes, that's just disturbing. I don't even know how that skirt stayed up.
    During the breaks she kept tugging at her skirt - don't think she was at all comfortable with it.

+ Reply to Thread