+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hmm. Sounds to me like there *will be* an INXS recording of Pretty Vegas, with JD, whether JD wins this particular competition or not. Because, really, why else did he get to sing it yet again? And what do you bet he'll be asked to sing it tomorrow as well--just to be sure the listening public has heard it enough to start liking it enough to want to buy it? I'm just sayin'.

Suzie - I'd really like to have seen them do her hair differently. Also, I like her singing, but she tends to ruin the effect of many performances by breaking character before the end of the song. Bohemian Rhapsody was a good example--smiling at the very end, breaking the mood of the song. It's like she doesn't want to seem too edgy for more than a few seconds. But at least with What's Up, she mostly kept the mood right up to the end, I'll give her that.

Marty - I just don't get Trees, sorry. But again I say, the camera loves that face. I'd imagine even without this gig, his career is going to pick up.

MiG - I think INXS should have given him an INXS song to sing, rather than just keep going on about "You've done yourself no favors..." Idiots.

Brooke - When you have to have electrolysis on your pubic hair so you can wear your clothes, that's just disturbing. I don't even know how that skirt stayed up.

Man... the ol' FORT is under seige tonight...

Anyway, much as I hate to admit it, JD did well with "Money". Mostly because the song suits his over-the-topness.

Meanwhile, somebody needs to SMACK MiGgy and inform him that "Paint It Black" should not be sung in that peppy manner. It's a hard edgy song and he made it sound like puppies and kitties were involved. It was BOUNCY! Bad MiG! Bad! And THEN to tell people that the song was "so dark"? I laughed my ass off when he said that. His version wasn't. On the other hand, he does a good Seal impression.

Marty was okay, although he hit some weird-ass notes on that second song.

I think Suzie may go, even though I enjoyed her. MiG has built-in Aussie power voters who, I think, are maniacally voting for him each week. JD has made fans out of a lot of contrary people and Marty has most of the hard-rocker crowd.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

giz
    Libra1022, thanks for keeping those of us in on the west coast up to date!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I don't see Suzie sticking around after this week. I just can't.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Meanwhile, somebody needs to SMACK MiGgy and inform him that "Paint It Black" should not be sung in that peppy manner. It's a hard edgy song and he made it sound like puppies and kitties were involved. It was BOUNCY! Bad MiG! Bad! And THEN to tell people that the song was "so dark"? I laughed my ass off when he said that. His version wasn't. On the other hand, he does a good Seal impression.

I could NOT believe my ears. As you all might have surmised, the Rolling Stones are my favorite band ever. (I'm sure you are going "No, go on"). So far they sang my 2 most favorites (You Can't Always Get.... & Start me Up) both performances were meh! Tonight they did my least favorite, Paint it Black. Or in Mig's case, the way he smiled and bounced, it should have been Paint it Pink.
    Even tho It's not one of my fav's, I could still hear Jagger doing it dark and edgy. I think Marty would have been better. Mig is just too peppy in a boy band kind of way. I think he's a nice guy and everything. Loved his Frampton song, but he is just not right for this band. And he made Paint it Black seem like "If you're Happy and You know it".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    MiG has built-in Aussie power voters who, I think, are maniacally voting for him each week.
    Hahaha !! Sorry but I have to laugh at that comment
    Actually we are voting for his abs and because he's such a hottie :-))

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I can't help myself... I'm captivated by Marty's rendition of Creep. It's not perfect but it's very powerful and I'm digging it VERY much...
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

MRD
    Hmm, felt that maybe Marty's song selection by the band was a foreshadowing.

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here.

I don't care if it hurts
    I want to have control

I feel that he more than JD will be harder to get along with if INXS chooses him. I feel JD will do what it takes to fit in with the band, even tho he hasn't shown that with his housemates. I feel Marty on the other hand is going to want to dictate what he wants and I don't see them liking it much. I personally think that the one to steer away from is Marty.
    Now I am not saying he's a bad singer. I think he will have a great career. But I really have to question exactly why he wants to be in this band? They don't do his kind of music and it sounds like he wants to force them to do it and I just don't see them taking that well.

I can see JD or Suzie (even tho I don't think she's right either) staying with INXS for a long time. I see Marty and Mig using INXS as a jumping off point to their own solo careers after getting exposure with INXS for a CD and a tour.
    I think if INXS is looking long term and looking for hits, they should go with JD. Pretty Vegas is already a hit and should be on their next album. I'd buy it if it were.

I was not impressed with Suzie's STP song. But she did What's up pretty well.
    Marty had to scream through trees. I liked the last weeks version better. Mig did kiss ok, but he made paint it black a travesty.

JD NAILED money and he has such a stage presence. Talking to the audience, throwing money around. That is what I pay to see when I go to a concert. I want a show. Not just muscians on stage playing instruments.
    Loved the kiss he gave Dave.

I really hope JD wins this. I think he has come a long way and has learned a few things. I think he will be the best direction this band can take. Suzie needs to take an assertiveness class and learn to dry up the tears.

And finally Dave. Give him a guitar and take away his microphone. Dude plays so much better than the drival that comes out of his mouth. And he's so predictable. My husband saw Brooke and said: "Oh, bet Dave's happy tonight" and then the very next words were Dave drooling over her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    DVM I picked up some JD money for you
    Thanks, Sweets!

FORT Fogey
    MiG is great - but in the genre he is accustomed to - musical theatre. He seems a perfect match for that.

Suzie is just hohum in my book....no pizzazz in her voice, performances, and stylings.

JD and Marty are both the most suited to this stuff .... it'll just be a matter of whose personal and performance styles INXS wants (about which I haven't got a clue)

+ Reply to Thread