+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I actually think Jordis would have done well with "What's Up"
    I agree. Actually some of us talked about that at the taping.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

JD Money and Pretty Vegas (featuring Dave on guitar)

Dave: I had a blast doing Pretty Vegas with you. Money, which is very very difficult to sing on, I think you did a great job.

INXS: We gave you that song because of it's vocal challenge and you pulled it off really well man. It's a clever thing throwing the money into the audience too because if you can throw money away like that, well then, we don't have to pay you. That was great and I can't get that damned song out of my head (Pretty Vegas).

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    JD is having a great night tonight. He sounds good. A little less affected... I like it.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Why does Dave play shirtless again? Just to show the tats?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I know that many do not care for JD... so please feel free to look away. But Oh My God he was fabulous. Money?! I'm having heart palpitations. INXS or no he's going to skyrocket. His charisma burns right through the tv screen. And his voice... his voice sounded the best it's ever sounded!

I love Marty!! That was awesome. He sounded really good.

Since I dislike JD, and hate how theatrical he can be, I hate to admit that he did Money really well. Then again, played ideally it IS a very theatrical song.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I know that many do not care for JD... so please feel free to look away. But Oh My God he was fabulous. Money?! I'm having heart palpitations. INXS or no he's going to skyrocket. His charisma burns right through the tv screen. And his voice... his voice sounded the best it's ever sounded!

DVM I picked up some JD money for you
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MiG is doing a REALLY good job with Kiss From A Rose! JD couldn't do it as well, and Marty couldn't - range is too limited. Suzie would oversing it, too much vibrato.

And MiG has the best body here....hot dizamn!!

Marty Trees (acoustic accompanied by Dave) and Creep

Dave: What a dynamic set you showed off tonight dude. great job and I have to say it was an honor to be a part of it.

INXS: That was excellent and it's a true testament to a song when it translates into acoustic and obviously the crowd dug it just as much. Just to sit here as a fan of music and watch songs by Radiohead etc, just blows me away. Thank you for a great version of Creep, I really enjoyed it.

(I'm combining due to sluggish site reaction tonight and hopefully it'll be able to post)

MiG Paint it Black (featuring Dave on guitar) and Kiss From a Rose

Dave: The guitar section of Paint it Black was unprecidented tonight, best it's ever been...thanks for letting me play that song with you, that was a lot of fun.

INXS: Were you happy with the songs we gave you this week? (estatic) Was that arrangement of Paint it Black yours? (yes) Good on you mate. It's kind of weird for me to say that I hope you get in the bottom 3 so we can hear you do INXS, but having seen your performance tonight I have a funny feeling you aren't gonna get there. It was great.

(continuing the combine and hopefully I can get a connection again soon)

Early results: (first to last)
    Marty
    JD
    Suzie
    MiG

+ Reply to Thread