+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by BaBySpiCe
    What jacket? MiG's? And what about it?
    That it was a marine jacket. And he was dishonoring it/them by wearing it, by exposing his body while wearing it, by throwing it into the crowd. Blah blah blah ! In other words he was a bad boy for doing it. Makes me laugh, especially when most posts mention he's too goodie2shoes to be a rocker.

Hmm...I've read through all the posts in this thread,and I haven't read anything about Mig dishonoring the Marines by wearing that jacket. In fact, this is the first i've heard of it.

I loved last night's show. (I also couldn't get back on - FORT must have temporarily exploded or something because of all the hotness!)

I love J.D. and Suzie's performances the best. J.D. continues to amaze me everytime and I love how Suzie plays it up to the camera. Her first one wasn't all that spectacular but her second was killer! I was singing along like a dork! I wasn't crazy about Marty's "Trees", but I loved the Radiohead - that was my SONG back in the day!!!!!!!

I like Mig and my goodness he is has a body that ooooh man I can't even go there....lol. The whole time I was like take that jacket off NOW! However, I think he was a bit too "soft" in the first song. He just can't get as deep/dark as J.D. and Marty in my opinion.

I think Mig will do great, but maybe just not for INXS. Cutie, cutie, cutie pie though and I liked his Seal song, but I have to admit it wasn't that exciting. I was a bit bored to be honest, but he definitely makes up for it with sex appeal. He's not the usual type of guy I'd go for, but he reminds me of someone. heheh

J.D. - TAKE this thing buddy! I can't get Pretty Vegas out of my HEAD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    I don't see what is wrong with rhyming twice in the chorus of Trees. He doesn't rhyme throughout the song and it's not like there are no other songs in the world that rhyme. A few other rhyming lines just from last night: What's Up - "...knew I should/ ...brotherhood", Pretty Vegas - "After the show/ No place to go", Creep - "I want to have control/ ...I want a perfect soul", Kiss From a Rose - "...on the sea/ ...dark side of me" (and there is rhyming all through that song), Paint it Black - "Summer clothes/... darkeness knows" (just about every other line in this song rhymes too. OMG! A sacred song has rhymes in it!)
    Quite right.

Stop trying to confuse us with your Aussie mind tricks! Honestly, the only Patriotic support I've seen in the FORT is from those darn Canadians. Soon though, it will turn cold up there and they'll quiet down

Pulling my woollies out now...

I think Mig is surviving because he has a broader range of fans, meaning there just isn't anything to dislike about him. For example, if my mom were to watch the show, she wouldn't like JD's tattoos, Suzie's nose ring, or Marty's long hair.
    Yes, the TV ratings crowd, not the music buying demographic that the band needs for their livelihood.

Marty - I like Trees, but the full band works better for that song. It does a lot of starting out quiet and then powering up that didn't come across in the acoustic version. He did well with Creep, even ok with the super high notes Radiohead hits at the end. Those always sounded out of tune to me, so I'm sure there were a lot of people watching who didn't know the song and were thinking he screwed it up big time.
    I had to bold that, it's very important!

Javelin

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Hmm...I've read through all the posts in this thread,and I haven't read anything about Mig dishonoring the Marines by wearing that jacket. In fact, this is the first i've heard of it.
    Go to the rockstar.msn.com board. There are so many people bashing MiG. Go figure !

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan
    MiG: After last night's Paint it Black, I think his fate is sealed. Great guy, but the only show I see him winning is RockStar: The Wiggles.
    LOL I almost fell out of my chair!!!!!!! Man, The Wiggles creep me OUT!!! Seriously, they are creeeeepy!!!! My friend took her son to go see them in concert and she was so disturbed they left halfway through it!

Weird, because I've heard Creep by RadioHead many times, and just now I heard it again. There is screaming in the original song, but not the painful screech that Marty let out, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    Go to the rockstar.msn.com board. There are so many people bashing MiG. Go figure !
    Well consider the source. There is mostly bashing on that board.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Their days are numbered

Is anyone else sad that this is almost the end? I'll miss seeing these contestants, even JD who I don't generally like.

Someone here suggested that if INXS wants to hear MiG sing an INXS song so badly, it would've been a wise decision to give him an INXS song to sing yesterday. Totally agree! What's that song that eventually got both Jordis and Wil kicked off the show--"Need You Tonight." They should've had MiG sing that to see if he could do justice to it.

As you all know, I'm a HUGE MiG fan, but last night wasn't his best night. I don't particularly like either song. I love the Stones but I find "Paint it Black" monotonous. I think MiG was trying to do a different arrangement on it because if he didn't, he probably would've been accused of not being original. He was better with "Kiss From a Rose," a song I appreciate but it's never been one of my favorite Seal songs either.

As to whether MiG has a dark side...I'm not sure it matters. INXS doesn't have a repertoire of particularly dark songs. Their songs are more pop than rock, no matter how much they front about being a rock band. Michael Hutchence was SUCH a talented singer. Do any of these guys (and gal) have that kind of magnetism? Not in my opinion. In terms of vocal distinctiveness and purity, he's up there with Chrissie Hynde, Annie Lennox, Shirley Manson, John Lennon...You get my drift.

Suzie--did an awesome job with "What's Going On." The STP song wasn't right for her and she was offkey for a good portion of it.

JD--I couldn't sit through another take of "Pretty Vegas" (the only time I really liked that song was when he sang it a capella to INXS during the songwriting clinic) so I fast forwarded through it. "Money." Eh. Didn't do anything for me.

Marty--dear God! He was fantastic. Yes, he was off key on "Creep," especially near the end when he had to hit all those high notes. But he was magnetic and great. Ever notice how his eyes are really far set and he's very odd looking? But he's odd looking in a very charismatic way? Also, I really like "Trees." I like the verses better than the chorus, which I think is too simplistic for the song. But the verses and the time shifts are fantastic.

As much of a MiG fan I am, I hope he's in the bottom 3 tomorrow so he can sing an INXS song finally. That's the true test. It doesn't matter if these guys (and gal) sound too theatrical or too dark or too offkey or too poppy when they're singing a different band's song. At this point, it's how well they sing whatever INXS writes (and wrote).

I highly doubt the singer will have the chance to have much creative control with INXS--at least on this album. And I honestly doubt that whoever they pick will be with the band past the year contract. But I'm hoping that all these contestants--particularly these remaining four--get a career boost from the show.

And not for nothing, but I thought INXS had a great front man when they had Terrence Trent D'Arby.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-14-2005 at 12:24 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I loved JD. Marty was good on Creep but that was like throwing a 70MPH pitch down the middle to Barry Bonds. I think Pretty Vegas is the more complex original song but Trees is the more "radio friendly" song.

Suzie has a great voice and a lot of soul but I dont think she'll make it.

Mig just needs to go. The guy is just a pop singer trying to do rock covers. He's way too cheesy for my taste.

+ Reply to Thread