+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Didn't care for Trees this second time around. It's catchy all right, but not for the right reasons, imo. It sounds like one of those silly songs that can get on people's nerves within a week or two of listening on it on the radio.
    Kind of like: "Wake me up before you go-go...."??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    bbnbama, you and I are on the same plane- my son thinks dave is a charles manson wannabe, !
    Wannabe is right because he acts like such a dweeb. How can someone be so cool/edgy looking and still act like the kid in high school that wanted everyone to like him, so he copied everyone and didn't quite pull it off.

Plays heck of guitar tho.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Okay, so you all know by now that I'm an unabashed Mig fan… but honestly, what was wrong with Paint it Black? I was expecting a Jordis special from the descriptions here, but I actually liked it. I just didn't get a shiny-hapy vibe from it.

Go listen to the Stones version and then Migs' and the difference is quite apparant. Mick sings it like his whole world REALLY is black. Mig sings it like his anti-depressants are kicking in big time.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    Hahaha !! Sorry but I have to laugh at that comment
    Actually we are voting for his abs and because he's such a hottie :-))
    And do you think that OBINXS is looking for a singer or somebody with a flat stomach? I think if it wasn't for votes such as this he would have been bottom 3 by now & maybe even eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I can't help myself... I'm captivated by Marty's rendition of Creep. It's not perfect but it's very powerful and I'm digging it VERY much...
    I thought it was biographical.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills
    I'm warming to JD. He has lost some obnoxiousness and he really can nail the songs. He has great range and stage presence. But I still would rather watch Marty. I could watch Marty sleep and think it was exciting.

Marty has been my fav all along to win, but now I think I want to see him do something different than front this band. I do wonder about his style meshing with INXS.

I thought JD really stood out - he was exceptional on both of his songs, and yes his stage presence has much to do with that. But his persona is growing on me also.

I also liked Mig's Paint it Black. No it wasn't as dark as it should have been, but I found it less theatrical and more straight ahead rock n' roll than any of his other performances. His hair-do last night just screamed Bay City Roller to me though

What a night! I thought they all did great - it's gonna be hard for Our Band!

Up until this point I've been expecting a Mig/Marty showdown for the position, but after this week I'm not sure. I think they're both great singers, but I hate to say it, I thought JD did the best job last night. Frankly, "Trees" was kinda neat the first time I heard it, but last night with the acoustic version I could actually understand the words and thought it was something a kid would come up with in grade school! I did like Marty's "Creep" until he started screeching. I thought Mig did a good job, but I don't know how Inxs is gonna handle the whole theatrical side to him (kind of the same problem Ty had). And Suzie... well forget it. I've liked some of her songs, but last night I had to change the channel cause she just sounded off key to me on both songs and it hurt my ears (not exactly something that could sell a lot of records). I still think JD can be obnoxious (but aren't lead singers supposed to be?) but of all the performances last night I think he had the most challenging second song (Money) and I can't get Pretty Vegas out of my head, which makes me want to buy it. Isn't that what they're supposed to be looking for?

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    I thought JD did really good last night too

Does dance music equal insipid lyrics? I'm becoming less enamored with "Trees" the more I hear it. In an acoustic performance, the lyrics sound, well, elementary, not fundamental.

Sorry. I know there are tons of Marty fans, and I too like him, but I'm getting a bit tired of that song.

Marty and J. D. for top 2, without question.

My money goes to J. D., though.

Personally, I like MiG's version of Paint It Black. So what if he's not Mick, I don't want another impersonator (Sorry to JD's fans). MiG is very entertaining and I enjoy watching him perform every time. What with the not dark enough, not edgy nonsense ?? He is easily the best singer with the voice, among the male rockers at least. MiG is a great guy and INXS would be so lucky to get him, it would be their loss if they pick someone else.

JD and Marty have not proven that they can sing well unlike MiG. I don't like watching JD, he is too full of himself. And Marty, he's too 'creepy', he likes to scream too much. I can't imagine myself listening to him past 2 songs. He is so NOT Inxs.

As for Suzie, I would hate to see a woman front INXS and sing Michael's songs, sorry girls.

+ Reply to Thread