+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock Star: INXS 9/11 Recap - Dear Abby: My Interview Skills Suck

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Originally there were 4 Canadians...J.D., Susie, Tara and Deanna (who lives in the US but was born in Canada). It's kind of cool that there are still 2 Canadians in the final 4.
    it's even cooler that there is an Aussie in the final 4.

I was actually very surprised - almost disappointed - to discover that the finalists only had one person outside of North America. After they did all the auditions throughout Europe, the UK and Australia they could find just one?

What kind of (incorrect) message does that send about the rest of the world's talent?
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

Not knowing a lot about the music industry itself, but having read sheet music...
    Usually when someone solely wrote the lyrics it states that. And if someone soley wrote the music its states that as well. Words by "" and Music by "". So I am a little confused about Sunday's show where JD read, "Words and Music by JD and Andrew Farriss" That makes it sound like they BOTH contributed to the words AND music. Am I wrong? Or was there some collaboration between JD and Andrew that wasn't shown to us?

Comments in the review about MiG.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye
    Sad about the comment by INXS that MiG was 'too nice'. If he doesn't win because he's 'too nice', this show has been a waste of time.
    The original post said:

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Ahhhh…good ole Mig. I’m thinking he would’ve been better trying out for Air Supply. And the band concurs, he is a nice guy. What worries them is the amount of theater Mig has done.
    I don't think that says anything against MiG being too nice for the competition.

This was a great review!!! Thanks!

MRD
    SAd to see the recaps have ended. I looked forward to them as much as the shows.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    SAd to see the recaps have ended. I looked forward to them as much as the shows.
    They haven't ended. We'll be recapping up through the finale. And props to Speedy for this excellent recap and those to come.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Fantastic, speedalicious recap! Here's the thing: extremely witty (leap year mention, example ONE, ) and then you posted allllll the opinions I was already having while watching the show. Brilliant! I.e. especially the observations of my fave, Marty, who totally jammed it up with his totalitarian-like answers to the band.

Anyhow, fantastic job.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    They haven't ended. We'll be recapping up through the finale. And props to Speedy for this excellent recap and those to come.
    So you'll be recapping the three shows that haven't been done in addition to the finale? Wow, that will be interesting....
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123