+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star: INXS 9/11 Recap - Dear Abby: My Interview Skills Suck

I completely agree oneeye!

They had to have known MiG's (and everyone elses's) background before the show started, so to reject him now for being a nice guy who has done musicals is crazy. They should have not included him, if that is why he would be dropped.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day and he urges them to get some rest and to the dismay the rocker’s, there will be no beer bongs and pin-the-tail-on-JD‘s-ass tonight.

Putting my tin foil hat on for a second, I wonder if this is producer manipulation?
    speedy - well done, as always. Thanks for recapping for those of us without cable (but plenty of tinfoil hats)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Loved it Speedy! But what about the final snippit where Suzie takes a bite out of JD's ass(cake)!?
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes
    Loved it Speedy! But what about the final snippit where Suzie takes a bite out of JD's ass(cake)!?

THAT was funny...and JD (I think?) said something like, "And it's even chocolate" (the inner part that she bit out).

Thanks for the recap.

I just have to comment that few can write with wit. Many try, most fall into snark and bite. Even if I didn't watch the show I would enjoy your writing.

FORT Newbie
    A general question to all:
    Anyone know how they chose the contestants for this show? Usually on talent shows like this they show us the elimination process. Most of these singers seem to be from Canada. Is that just a coincidence?

(Maybe this was answered somewhere else, but I don't know where.)

Most of the finalists are from Canada, the origional mix was more diverse. As far as I know they held auditions in many cities, including New Orleans it appears. With Idol you see that process, with this show they skipped the part of having really bad singers.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Originally there were 4 Canadians...J.D., Susie, Tara and Deanna (who lives in the US but was born in Canada). It's kind of cool that there are still 2 Canadians in the final 4.

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes
    My DVR cut out before it was shown. I had to ask someone at work about it. I'm guessing it was during the credits? Many apologies.

Who knew Marty was a control freak? You could see the looks on the band’s faces as Marty began to dictate in which direction the band should move. “The world now works in singles- people don’t care about records.” He wants to represent INXS but with his voice.
    I always thought that Marty really wanted to be the lead singer of a band like Radiohead, but that unfortunately for him INXS was the only band looking for a lead singer through a reality show.

Thanks for the amusing recap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast