+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Downsey
    Show observations:
    I think the "interviews" were part real and part Burnett. We only saw a few questions and the huddle at the end seemed somewhat directed. I guess we'll never know and guess it doesn't matter. It's not as though Burnett or Our Band would tip their hat and kill the suspense.

Marty: He's going to sing the Sesame Street song again....argh...alright Seasame Street with an angry twist. Seemed very arrogant...I'm not sure how many record deals he's had in his esteemed past but it was probably ballsy to give industry advice to a band that has sold millions upon millions of songs they had written themselves. Not to mentioned were able to leave Australia to become an internationally successful band.

JD: I don't think he did anything to hurt himself tonight. I'm always a bit worried when he's....well anywhere but on stage. I keep thinking he'll promise Our Band something daft and inappropriate ie...I'll change my name to Michael H. if it means getting the gig.

Mig: I still think they like him. He hasn't done anything wrong except sing a ballad worthy of Air Supply...ok that was pretty wrong. I think his criticism is Burnett based.

Suzie: Always are dark horse...she was nervous. But she has learned from every mistake and stumble she's made. She's just got to remember that she not from the OK White North, or the Good White North...she's from the Great White North! Kick A$$ Suzie you're still in this for a reason.
    Great assessment. I really like Suzie too (actually at this stage in the game, I like all of them - for different reasons) ... I think Suzie has the voice, the stage presence,band and audience interaction to do a great job. Will she sell as many records though as a hot boy - I think that will be at the crux of their decision.

I wish they'd given Suzie some Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders stuff to do - I'd love to see her really rock to a great female rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejanelle
    I hope that Suzie wins over all of the guys. She has something that nobody else has... style!
    Perhaps...but I think it is bad style. Sorry.

I do like her hair in some of her pics when it was short and blond rather than long and streaky.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

giz
    Is the house episode an hour or half an hour? I can't remember and the tv listings are Still screwing up RS!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Is the house episode an hour or half an hour? I can't remember and the tv listings are Still screwing up RS!

Just a half - don't miss this one! Classic!

giz
    I can't wait. It's about time they showed a little more INXS. I usually watch half an hour of Sex and the City, and then turn over. I was going to watch Foyle's War tonight, but it'll have to wait.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    Goto the band's website (inxs) under the link "Exclusive: Westwood One audio stream Part 1." Mig is in the studio with Kirk and Andrew. Mig sings Need you tonight. Also if you goto the link for "Exclusive: Westwood One audio stream Part 3," you get to hear Jordis and Mig sing Mystify.
    Where is this? I looked on the inxs.com site and didn't see it.

giz
    My husband kept wandering into the room and attempting to discuss his fishtank with me! Now, I know this sounds bitchy, but is there a more boring topic on earth? From what I could hear (ahem) I got the impression (from what we were allowed to see, oh to be a fly on the wall there!) that they are worried about Suzie's ability to think on her feet, and Marty's presumption. With good reason! I really noticed Suzie's accent tonight. She is very Canuck. I would worry she is not articulate enough to do interviews. On the other hand, maybe she could improve - nowhere to go but up - and the guys could just hold group interviews. Marty, I would be more concerned about. As Speedbump said in the recap, it seems unlikely they want some new guy trying to take over. He came across as too opinionated for my taste (note I may be complaining about it in private, but lacked guts to ask husband to wait til ads to talk about fish tank). Personally, while he's very good, I don't find him right for OB. Better the Lovehammers should do really well out of this. I thought they were definetely intrigued by J.D., with Jon appearing most in favour, and Tim (or was it Andrew? I'm getting tired now) appearing most concerned (about J.D.'s ability to a] stir up controversy and b] be manipulative). Well, whatever, they only have to do this for a year if they choose, so how bad could it be? I think they've got to look at bums on seats, as the expression goes. Who best fulfills that? NOt sure why they are worried about MiG being nice. Too nice to rock, maybe. Too nice to work with? No such thing as far as confrontation-phobic me is concerned. The guy obviously has ambition or he wouldn't be doing auditions. Not my choice, but nice guys shouldn't get the boot based on that alone IMO. As they said "it's a hard decision". I'm hoping to see more INXS in the next week's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Where is this? I looked on the inxs.com site and didn't see it.

Go to www.inxs.com/rockstarinxs/

Then pick from the list of NEWS from INXS.com

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    BTW. Not for nothing but I've just noticed I've been upgraded on this board from FORT NEWBIE to FORT REGULAR. Somebody congratulate me!
    Congratulations - so now I know what number I'm aiming for!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    The fact that they are looking for an "edge" when they have never had one I find odd. They were one of the most innocent seeming groups around. A bunch of pretty boys with a very tame look and sound.
    Sometimes it's the innocent guys who really want the 'edge' (because they don't have it?)

I was surprised how anti-MiG they were because of his 'niceness'. I'm not trilled with MiG's stage presence but I wouldn't complain about his personality.

+ Reply to Thread