+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    Just thought that I would mention for those who didn't know. But the band has heard Mig sing INXS. I think Mark Bennett asked the band to make that comment. Remember they are doing a reality tv show here and Mark Bennett is Mr. drama.

Goto the band's website (inxs) under the link "Exclusive: Westwood One audio stream Part 1." Mig is in the studio with Kirk and Andrew. Mig sings Need you tonight. Also if you goto the link for "Exclusive: Westwood One audio stream Part 3," you get to hear Jordis and Mig sing Mystify.

I think the comment was probably more for audience to vote him in the bottom 3 for them to have a reason to boot Mig or maybe... to help them build a larger following for Mig as their lead singer.
    I thought that too, and Mig himself has said stuff like "I would love to sing INXS songs for you but am happy to wait a few weeks", but I think in both contexts they're referring to singing them live and with a full band as opposed to that acoustic unplugged version on the radio.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Let's not forget one thing: Marty explained why he didn't want to use JD's song. Sounded too much like the Strangest Party. He wanted something that sounded more original. I don't blame Marty for making the choice, and I don't blame JD for running with it while he can. Although it's the beat that drives me more than the lyrics...
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I don't think his ego/arrogence/attitude/whatever is really that big of a deal. He obviously loves the band and wants the gig. If they want his talents, they will find a way to work together.
    I totally agree, sweetpea.

All of the remaining 4 have some kind of "flaw" if you will, which the band has pointed out.(JD too cocky, Marty too agressive, Mig to theatrical, Suzie too interview-shy) But in all instances, they have said they could work with whoever wins the gig in the end.

It's up to the band now to decide what direction they want to go with the band's future.

FORT Fan
    If INXS wanted to be fair to all of them ,then let them all have a chance indivdually to write the lyrics to a music track composed by INXS.That would give us the viewing audience as well as OBINXS a better idea of who has the writing ability that works with their music.

[QUOTE=Lois Lane]...I think I'm the only one here who likes MiG...

I like MiG too over the other 3 rockers for various reasons. Love to hear him do those 2 songs, can't wait. Will be voting my fingers off for him after the performance, just to keep him in there one more week if not for him to win.

Go MiG Go MiG Go

I hope that Suzie wins over all of the guys. She has something that nobody else has... style!

Quote Originally Posted by Galestorm
    If INXS wanted to be fair to all of them ,then let them all have a chance indivdually to write the lyrics to a music track composed by INXS.That would give us the viewing audience as well as OBINXS a better idea of who has the writing ability that works with their music.
    I think that's a great idea. Give them the bare bones of a music track and see where they go with it and how they perform it. Would REALLY give the band an idea of what each performer would bring to the table.

FORT Fanatic
    Show observations:
    I think the "interviews" were part real and part Burnett. We only saw a few questions and the huddle at the end seemed somewhat directed. I guess we'll never know and guess it doesn't matter. It's not as though Burnett or Our Band would tip their hat and kill the suspense.

Marty: He's going to sing the Sesame Street song again....argh...alright Seasame Street with an angry twist. Seemed very arrogant...I'm not sure how many record deals he's had in his esteemed past but it was probably ballsy to give industry advice to a band that has sold millions upon millions of songs they had written themselves. Not to mentioned were able to leave Australia to become an internationally successful band.

JD: I don't think he did anything to hurt himself tonight. I'm always a bit worried when he's....well anywhere but on stage. I keep thinking he'll promise Our Band something daft and inappropriate ie...I'll change my name to Michael H. if it means getting the gig.

Mig: I still think they like him. He hasn't done anything wrong except sing a ballad worthy of Air Supply...ok that was pretty wrong. I think his criticism is Burnett based.

Suzie: Always are dark horse...she was nervous. But she has learned from every mistake and stumble she's made. She's just got to remember that she not from the OK White North, or the Good White North...she's from the Great White North! Kick A$$ Suzie you're still in this for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhound
    The one thing I hate about "Pretty Vegas" is the context in which it was created and how JD has been able to capitalize on it. Lets face it, he was not a team player and to see INXS so willing to overlook that really irks me. I really hope someone reminds them of JD not "playing" well with others and throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get his way.

BTW - I am a MiG fan as well. Although, I love Marty, too....
    Was Jordis a team player when they were tasked to write lyrics to that song? No - it was her way or no way. Was Marty a team player as team captain? No, he was totally pussy-whipped by his buddy Jordis and picked the much weaker song. Had Marty actually been an impartial captain and leader, I'm sure he would have had the musical sense to see that JD's version of the song eclipsed Jordis' version.

I think it is unfair to say that JD wasn't the team player in the songwriting exercise. Jordis wasn't a team player and Marty wasn't a team player and Jessica added nothing to the mix. I applaud JD for sticking to his artistic integrity and not putting his name on that piece of drivel that Jordis penned. And Marty should be ashamed of himself for not being open minded enough to really give all the members of his team a fair shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Let's not forget one thing: Marty explained why he didn't want to use JD's song. Sounded too much like the Strangest Party. He wanted something that sounded more original. I don't blame Marty for making the choice, and I don't blame JD for running with it while he can. Although it's the beat that drives me more than the lyrics...
    Marty couldn't say no to Jordis. As lead singer for a band, whether is be Lovehammers or INXS, he is going to need to be able to "hear" a hit better than he did with JD and Jordis' work.

I like Marty - but he came across as a very weak leader in that task. I think Jordis led Marty around by the nose.

+ Reply to Thread