+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Lois Lane - You can not even begin to think you are the only one that likes MiG on this board. What am I....chopped liver?

LOL! Oh my goodness! YOU ARE NOT CHOPPED LIVER, that's for sure! How could I possibly forget about sweet JLuvs, who helps keep us all in the loop! Mea Culpa! I stand corrected.

And that's true -- the INXSy guys HAVE heard MiG sing INXS on the radio shows. Maybe they just want MiG to sing them on TV so the mass audience (who doesn't surf the web) are in on how well he sings them?

I could drive myself crazy wondering who's going to get booted off next...the whole thing makes for good drama, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    I think INXS should try to write a song with each of them. I think they would see more dynamics that way.
    Absolutely. I think it would be EXTREMELY telling. I doubt they'll do that, but I agree that would really be helpful to pinpoint what it is they do/don't want.

FORT Fan
    I was very disappointed last night to find out that Marty and JD were going to perform their songs again.I would rather hear everyone perform INXS songs at this point with what 2 weeks? remaining.And they should be required to sing songs that have not been done yet if possible.Maybe the bottom three can have repeats,but not songs they have sung before either.If INXS songs are not performed that how about all of them doing originals with the criteria being your own original lyrics and music compostition.It would even be more of a challenge if they had to compose it this week.This way no one has the advantage of Andrew Farriss music as JD had in his composition. And Marty can do a original to him in the present without writing for the LOvehammers ,with INXS in mind.Mig and Suzie could also have an oppurtunityto compose something that they would want to see themselves and INXS perform.
    As for the interviews ,I bet they were much longer and more involved .We of course saw diddly squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Kim, welcome! One thing you'll find about this board is that we're all pretty opinionated...a lot of us don't agree with each other...I think I'm the only one here who likes MiG...but we all seem to get along just fine!
    I'm still here! I've been busy getting the new homeschool year off to a start, so I haven't been posting as much. But I still love Mig.

I enjoyed reading your post and agree with a lot of it. I grew up listening to INXS, too, and never really thought of them as particularly wild...
    I never thought of the guys themselves as particularly wild, but both Michael and most of the music were very sexy. In that sense, there was a slightly dangerous air about them - although I would attribute virtually all of that to Michael's public persona and magnetism. (And ITA that he was largely image in that sense, and by all accounts I've read was a genuinely sweet guy IRL.)
    Last edited by jasmar; 09-12-2005 at 05:00 PM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    I was a teenager in the 80's-90's when INXS were HUGE and I find the comments they are making now hysterical. The fact that they are looking for an "edge" when they have never had one I find odd. They were one of the most innocent seeming groups around. A bunch of pretty boys with a very tame look and sound.
    I am surprised by this comment, but you're definitely not alone...a bunch of people have been saying this. But it still surprises me, because all my memories of INXS were of a very edgy band. Everyone has their own reality, LOL! I remember these hot boys DARING to sing about the devil (inside us all), so I knew they were evil. And brazenly singing about sweating with lust about somebody who was his "kind", meaning a sexual deviant starved for constant lusty lustness like him...

LOL. OK it sounds funny in hindsight, but I thought they were pretty unique and forthright with their lyrics at the time, which is one of the reasons they were such big hits. They were bold, when lots of people were still sticking with subtleness.

I think for INXS to capture that same "edge" 17 years later, they would really have to be overt with their lyrics, probably to an extent the FCC wouldn't allow

P.S. I was very naive about life when INXS first busted onto the scene, so that probably drives my impression of them being on the wilder side.

Lois Lane- You are right. I think they really want the tv audience to hear MiG sing INXS.

I would have hoped that INXS would have tried to write a song with the last four to see how well they would write together. Maybe they will do that with the last three. Just like the studio session, helped INXS see how certain people are in the studio. I still think INXS is not happy with JD, because of that session.

PS-I really don't want to hear "Pretty Vegas" again This will be the first time I will have to turn the channel to see if something else is on during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I am surprised by this comment, but you're definitely not alone...a bunch of people have been saying this. But it still surprises me, because all my memories of INXS were of a very edgy band. Everyone has their own reality, LOL! I remember these hot boys DARING to sing about the devil (inside us all), so I knew they were evil. And brazenly singing about sweating with lust about somebody who was his "kind", meaning a sexual deviant starved for constant lusty lustness like him...
    It's funny because whenever I think of that song, I think of Michael w/ the Devil mask and then I start to grin. I thought they were the nice "sexy" boys 'cuz if you wanted "edgy sex" you'd listen to metal.

[QUOTE=Mertii]Lois Lane- You are right. I think they really want the tv audience to hear MiG sing INXS. QUOTE]

But is it to get rid of him or to just put him at a level playing field? 'Cuz they were really pushing it last night.

FORT Newbie
    The one thing I hate about "Pretty Vegas" is the context in which it was created and how JD has been able to capitalize on it. Lets face it, he was not a team player and to see INXS so willing to overlook that really irks me. I really hope someone reminds them of JD not "playing" well with others and throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get his way.

BTW - I am a MiG fan as well. Although, I love Marty, too....

I don't know, I think Jordis and Marty have to share *some* of the blame for the breakdown in the song writing clinic. JDs lyrics WERE better, but Jordis refused to budge from her stance (from what I remember) and Marty sided with Jordis. They sent JD off to write his own stuff with the idea that he would present it back to the group. He did and they decided not to go with it. He said screw it and did his own thing. Turns out the song was better than theirs. They all acted like kids, my man included, but in the end he turned out a superior song.

I don't think for a minute that INXS is all sweetness and affability when they collaborate together. You get that many egos in a room together for a prolonged period of time, you're going to have some disagreements. I'm sure they have had them before and will have them again, and have probably figured out a way to work thought stuff like that. I would imagine any band has to. That's probably why they aren't too worked up about JDs walking out on the songwriting clinic. They can deal with it. I don't think his ego/arrogence/attitude/whatever is really that big of a deal. He obviously loves the band and wants the gig. If they want his talents, they will find a way to work together.

Of course, I could be wrong and they are just looking for a singer whose only function will be to get up and do a passable job with their back catalogue. If that's the case, they should hire MiG or Susie. If they want someone more dynamic outside of just performing, someone who will give the band a new look and a new energy, then they need to go with JD or Marty. I think JD is the best fit though.

+ Reply to Thread