+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

Suzie's song was co-written by her and Ty, I believe the week the contestants all had to write a song to perform, but in reality Deanna and Mig performed thier origionals and the others did covers.

Mig and Marty's origional songs were written before they were cast on the show.

For what it is worth Lois, I think Mig will do a awesome Paint It Black. LOL, my favorite version was sung by Tracy Ullman on her show, many, many years ago.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Kim, welcome! One thing you'll find about this board is that we're all pretty opinionated...a lot of us don't agree with each other...I think I'm the only one here who likes MiG...but we all seem to get along just fine!
    "
    Thanks Lois Lane. I have been lurking for a while, so I thought I would join and give this a try

Sweetpea-- never thought of that!

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I think I'm the only one here who likes MiG...
    Awww... cmon LL, there's a bunch of us here who like MiG.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Good guys=David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, Davy Jones

Bad guys=Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltry, Ted Nugent, Greg Allman,

Good = pop

Bad = ROCK AND ROLL BABY!!!!!!!! Don't you remember the phrase from the 70's? Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow Mig doesn't do that for me. I look at him and hear: "I think I love you...."

Don't get me wrong. I like him ok. He is a good guy. But too good to rock.
    I think Jon Bon Jovi would fit in the "Good Guy" side, and during the "Slippery When Wet" time frame he was probably more "rock" than INXS. He's gone soft since then but good guys can rock too.

I still don't consider INXS rock. They were borderline pop. They got radio play on the stations I listened to back then which were more likely to play Debbie Gibson right after their songs than the Stones.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    They got radio play on the stations I listened to back then which were more likely to play Debbie Gibson right after their songs than the Stones.

Ohmigod! This jolted something in my brain. NOW I know who Suzie reminds me of...Debbie Gibson! Not her singing, but her face and features! Yes!

MrAndyPuppy, whew! Another MiG fan spoke up! Sorry, I didn't mean I was the ONLY one on here...but sometimes I feel like it. I also get mixed up with who said what in which thread sometimes, to. ...

Quote Originally Posted by elkhound
    I don't know about anyone else but I LOVED last night's show. Seeing the band and listening to them was just awesome. It was the most they have showed them and I thought it was awesome.
    I agree, I wish we could have seen the entire interviews as that probably would have shed more light on what they really think.

I do think that they find Marty a bit too assertive on wanting to change them to be more modern (as in I think they realize that they are never going to be one of the top 3 bands, even though they still wish to be relevant), then again, sometimes I think Marty wants to be a tad too aggressive so he is a finalist but not chosen and can then take his own band stellar.

I think that JD has been very honest about playing games (he admitted it to everyone the other night and again in his interview) and I would hope tha the band appreciates the honesty and views some of his "actions" through the lens of gamesmanship vs who is actually is.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by tbeckett
    Didn't anyone else think it a bit unfair for JD to 'score' with Pretty Vegas when all he did was lyrics...the others had to write a totally original song and he got the benefit of INXS music to help most anyone look good.
    Well, in his BLOG, he thanked Suzie, Jordis, MiG and Marty for letting him do the song, so they had to approve it. Once they did that, it is not unfair.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Mig singing INXS

Just thought that I would mention for those who didn't know. But the band has heard Mig sing INXS. I think Mark Bennett asked the band to make that comment. Remember they are doing a reality tv show here and Mark Bennett is Mr. drama.

Goto the band's website (inxs) under the link "Exclusive: Westwood One audio stream Part 1." Mig is in the studio with Kirk and Andrew. Mig sings Need you tonight. Also if you goto the link for "Exclusive: Westwood One audio stream Part 3," you get to hear Jordis and Mig sing Mystify.

I think the comment was probably more for audience to vote him in the bottom 3 for them to have a reason to boot Mig or maybe... to help them build a larger following for Mig as their lead singer.

Lois Lane - You can not even begin to think you are the only one that likes MiG on this board. What am I....chopped liver?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread