+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Why are they making Marty and JD sing their songs again? Without seeing last night's show, I am going to assume they will go acoustic or rearrange the songs somehow, otherwise it will be a let down for me.
    They said they want them to sing them again because of the positive public response.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Radiohead.
    Thanks Lois.

I didn't know either one. I would have guessed STP had I been forced...

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    They said they want them to sing them again because of the positive public response.
    Thanks.

"public response"? does that mean the $$$ from downloads is that significant?

I think it unfairly benefits Marty & (more so) JD since they are only taking the risk of murdering one song. What if JD gets the encore again, "Pretty Vegas" a 4th time? At that point, INXSux should put in on the CD.......

FORT Regular
    Radiohead.
    So is... "I'm a creep/ I'm a loser/ What the hell am I doing here?/ I don't belong here"... foreshadowing?

I think the only one that they have decided isn't a fit at this point is Mig. I could be wrong, but they were feeling too broadway before the interview and his resume sealed it. I think that they feel it will be too much to work thu.

On the flip side, they are worried about Suzie's interview skills, but think that is something that can be worked on. And they love her voice.

JD, game playing is the down side and seems one of the brothers has serious reservations. But they do recognize his draw.

Marty, not sure on him. I think they will pick him if they want someone to take CHARGE of them. My concern would be if he is this forceful when he is applying, how forceful would he be if he gets the gig?

Agreed with the post about INXS wanting a combo of all four. LOL, tho a combo of all four wouldn't have any use for INXS.

I think INXS should try to write a song with each of them. I think they would see more dynamics that way.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Did anyone else notice JDs comment right before his family arrived that he wanted to be with INXS for the next 20-30 years! Are these guys still gonna be rockin' when they are pushing 70?? There are VERY few rockers who could keep going that long!! On the other hand I thought JD was very sweet with his mom and sis - it looked like he also scored a few points with INXS by sharing family photos with them

I am really curious to see what Suzie is singing. Since they mentioned being able to "tweak" her original, I was wondering if they might have given her a modified version of her original to sing! I agree with those who said they should all be singing at least one INXS song this week. I really hope MIG has to sing an INXS song on Wed so we can at least hear how he does...

Also, I was really glad I watched to the very end - that butt cake scene was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Suzie will be singing:.....
    Oops, I didn't see this before I posted! Too bad, I was kinda hoping they would re-work her original...

And if "Us" is the best song they've got go far, they'd better realize that looks will get them played on MTV at least. And the guy with the best looks is MiG, as far as I'm concerned.
    That's a matter of opinion, because as far as I'm concerned, Mig is NOT good looking at all.

Mig and Suzie might be on the bubble this week. I'd rather see Mig leave because I don't really like his "act". Everytime I see him on stage, I feel like he's acting. His performances don't seem like they come natural to him, imo.
    I think Suzie should stay for the final two, but I doubt that will happen, even more now that she kind of messed up on her interview.

Its going to be between Marty and JD. I personally think that JD is the best fit, but I don't have a problem at all with Marty winning. Marty has a totally different style than INXS, and he might be unhappy if the band doesn't want to go his direction. I doubt they'll go for his scream-style, but if Marty can keep it toned down, then he'll be all right.

I do believe that INXS has to make some changes if they want to get new fans.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    So is... "I'm a creep/ I'm a loser/ What the hell am I doing here?/ I don't belong here"... foreshadowing?
    as could be "Money" for JD.................

WOLF: Mig and Suzie might be on the bubble this week. I'd rather see Mig leave because I don't really like his "act". Everytime I see him on stage, I feel like he's acting. His performances don't seem like they come natural to him, imo.
    Yup, and MiG's "act" during Live & Let Die was embarrassing. However, he still has shown a "pretty" voice and is very popular with viewers/voters, which both could help INXS in eventual sales. If he has a strong showing this week, and or nails an INXS song, the final battle could start Wed.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 09-12-2005 at 10:38 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    That's a matter of opinion, because as far as I'm concerned, Mig is NOT good looking at all.

Mig and Suzie might be on the bubble this week. I'd rather see Mig leave because I don't really like his "act". Everytime I see him on stage, I feel like he's acting. His performances don't seem like they come natural to him, imo.
    I think Suzie should stay for the final two, but I doubt that will happen, even more now that she kind of messed up on her interview.
    Hello, that's why I said "as far as I'm concerned."

It's funny you guys are talking about MiG's "act" because to me, JD comes across as the biggest poser of them all. I don't believe anything he says (when he starts to cry, when he talks about family, when he talks about the other contestants--it all seems like it's something he's concocted to pull heart strings. He could be the most sincere guy in the world, but it doesn't come across that way at all. To me.). I don't think he's without talent (his "Letter" was one of the best performances on the show). But he seems pretty smarmy to me.

I think Marty comes across as the most natural live performer and I think that's because he's been performing in bands since he was 14 (what is he now? 31?). He's got a ton of experience and it comes across.

That said about JD's smarminess, a ton of real rock stars are nothing if not smarmy incarnate. So, he might fit in with the band very well.

Like I said, I like MiG the best but I think the contest is going to come down to Marty and JD, and if that's the case, I hope Marty wins.

If MiG does get kicked off this week, it'd be nice if he got to perform an INXS song, just so we can see what all the fuss is about.

BTW. Not for nothing but I've just noticed I've been upgraded on this board from FORT NEWBIE to FORT REGULAR. Somebody congratulate me!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-12-2005 at 11:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread