+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

MRD
    What did you guys think about the answers Suzie and Marty gave about which direction they would take the band in and how the band might have interpreted it?

Suzie: wants them to remain the same, the same style that everyone knows and loves, no changes.

Marty: wants to take them in a new direction that may not be popular with the old fans.

But.... does the band want to stay exactly the same? Do they want to change a bit but not as radically as Marty would propose?

I think that all long lasting successful performers have changed their styles from the beginning. Either that or they fall out of style. The stones songs from the early 60's were nothing like the Tattoo You album in 1980.
    Same for the Beatles. By the end, they were as far from their beginnings as you get.
    Even Madonna has evolved and changed from the "boy toy" she was in the early 80's.
    However, these artists may have changed, the essential sound is still the same.
    So I think some change is appropriate or you just stagnate. But too much change can be a death knell.
    Hmm, we'll have to wait and see how the band decides.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan
    Oh, sorry ...

I was talking about the INXS band members for the uncle thing!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    Oh, sorry ...

I was talking about the INXS band members for the uncle thing!
    You know, they do now, but in the 80's when they debuted, they didn't. They kind of looked young and edgy. Now they are middleaged and well, like the rest of us. LOL!

But, alas, so have some of the others. I watched Dateline tonight and even Mick's not looking as dangerous as he used too. Wish HE was MY rich uncle! LOL!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

giz
    Hey guys, what songs have they been assigned? What happened this week in the house? It's not on in Canada til tomorrow night. Have pity on us. Details, we want details!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Hey guys, what songs have they been assigned?
    JD Fortune will sing Pretty Vegas & Money
    MiG Ayesa will sing Kiss from a Rose & Paint it Black
    Marty Casey will sing Creep & Trees
    Suzie McNeil's song selection was not revealed.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

David Cassidy vs. Roger Daltrey? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Good guys=David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, Davy Jones

Bad guys=Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltry, Ted Nugent, Greg Allman,

Good = pop

Bad = ROCK AND ROLL BABY!!!!!!!! Don't you remember the phrase from the 70's? Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The irony, of course, is that David Cassidy was doing more drugs and shagging more girls than a lot of the so-called "bad guys." And let's not forget nice guy Paul McCartney, who I think we'll all agree was a major influence on rock 'n' roll AND pop.

When MiG was giving the background of all the theater he's done in the past, I was thinking, "Oh, no, they're not going to want a theater guy." However, theater trained singers are some of the best at portraying who they're supposed to be -- in this case, a "rock star."

As far as I'm concerned, INXS has involved itself in its own stage production called "Rock Star: INXS." There's nothing organic about how they're picking a new band member so anything could go.

And if "Us" is the best song they've got go far, they'd better realize that looks will get them played on MTV at least. And the guy with the best looks is MiG, as far as I'm concerned.

That said, he's got two very difficult songs to tackle on Tuesday. Seal is a hard guy to cover, as JD found out with "Crazy."

I think it's going to be MiG or Suzie going home...probably MiG 'cause they may want to leave Suzie in for the drama factor.

I think ultimately they're going to pick JD, even though Marty's more talented (in my opinion, of course) because JD can "sound" more like INXS than Marty. But just hearing the snippets of Marty singing "Creep" makes me realize how much I like his voice. I like that style better than JD's. (But I enjoy looking at MiG more than both of them combined...and then some.)

Lois
    p.s. Don't let MiG's nice guy demeanor fool you. It's the nice guys with the killer looks who are able to get away with murder!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    why are they doing their original songs again?
    are they doing them acoustic?

if they want to fill the whole hour, have them sing 2 covers

I think that now that it's down to the final four they should be singing INXS songs. Choose two INXS songs for Tuesday night and have them get up one after the other and perform . It would show which one of them can really sing OB's songs the best. Of course that would cause a problem with Wednesday night.... hmmmm....

I also thought the band has come to the conclusion that Mig might be too 'nice' (= not sexy enough?) for them. I like Mig! I really like all 4 of them at this point,tho, and can't decide which one I really want to get the job. Not to get it might help their careers more after all this exposure. And it worried me that Marty seemed too determined to lead the band in a new direction.... (I agree with what he means, but wonder if INXS might think he would be too stubborn) I think they showed Susie as being easily flustered so they will have an excuse to not choose her if they decide she's not right. I love her voice! And I think JD has the best shot at the title after tonights show. He seems to meet alot of the things they are looking for, except the unpredictability of his personality. I thought he was smarmy at first, then realized he's got sex appeal (of a smarmy type! ) So I think he might have the best odds.

I'm shocked at how much I've enjoyed this show! I thought "Rockstar:INXS--- how corny!" Then came in on the 3rd week and have been absolutely hooked ever since! I've LOVED having Big Brother and INXS this summer.

I could've sworn that Mig already sang "Kiss from a rose" earlier in the INXS season. If it wasn't Mig, then it was SOMEONE, because that was a Constantine song and I remember thinking that the contestant who sang it actually did that one a little better than Constantine. (Although Constantine wins with all the other repeated songs.)

So I think each rocker is getting to do one repeat, and one new song.

Because if they were having to learn 2 new songs, it could be a quite demanding week for them. Remember, they also have to come to the Tuesday taping prepared for not only their performance songs, but also 3 additional INXS songs...

DIRECTION OF THE BAND:
    Sounds to me like Suzie is just floating in the breeze. She doesn't care which direction she takes the band... she just wants to get picked. I don't think she realizes what the job is that she's auditioning for. She thinks they aren't broke, but I get the feeling that INXS thinks a lack of album sales means they are broke and they want to get back to the days when they were all the rage.

I'm confused as to why Marty's even wanting this job. It's obvious his personal style is completely different than what INXS is looking for. So he said he's willing to meet them halfway, which is good... Except why would an artist be willing to compromise half their style? Is he seriously going to be happy, singing the tamed-down songs that INXS likes? I think Marty is going into this thinking he'll be able to persuade them to do Marty's style of music...

What was JD's answer? I didn't hear them ask him that question. I'm confused as to why all the contestants at this point are still this wishy-washy about why they want the job. It's like everyone is goo-goo-ga-ga over the title "Lead Singer of INXS" and isn't even thinking about what they'll be doing in that job. I expected all 4 of them to be a lot more specific about what they can bring to the table. This is a job interview, right?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Good guys=David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, Davy Jones

Bad guys=Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltry, Ted Nugent, Greg Allman,

Good = pop

Bad = ROCK AND ROLL BABY!!!!!!!! Don't you remember the phrase from the 70's? Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow Mig doesn't do that for me. I look at him and hear: "I think I love you...."

Don't get me wrong. I like him ok. He is a good guy. But too good to rock.
    Yeah, I agree. He would fit in great with the Monkeys. His almost lisp intrigues me. I think, too, that if he is ever in the bottom three he is gone. How does he get more votes than JD?

+ Reply to Thread