+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    The sheet music that JD received had 'Pretty Vegas' words & music by JD Fortune and Andy Farris. I thought it was quite interesting that Andy gave himself credit on the song. JD will not be able to take 'Pretty Vegas' away as his own.

That said - Andy's portion wasn't all that huge. 'Pretty Vegas' and 'Stop Go' didn't sound like the same song at all.
    Andy wrote the music. Since JD chose to use the music he wrote, he is co-writer of the song whether his name was on the sheet music or not. I think giving JD the sheet music was a kindness to him tho. Regardless of whether he gets this gig or not, I bet you that sheet music is going up in a frame on his wall!

Tempo and instrumentation, etc is a whole 'nother thing.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee!
    I enojyed the end of the show where JD gave Suzie a bum cake and she dove right in. JD saying she finally got a peice of ass.....haha
    I was really jealous of the part where each of them gave her a kiss good luck before her interview. Now I want to be Suzie. Too bad I can't sing a note!

Radiohead is my favourite band so I was rather dreading someone singing one of their songs, particularly Creep.
    The clip of Marty rehearsing it sounded pretty good though.

FORT Fogey
    I just have a question. Can anyone see anyone but Suzie going this week? I am not knocking her although she is not my choice, but how could JD, Mary, or Mig go before her? First off JD and Marty's originals are the most downloaded songs and JD got the encore and Marty's is number one and they are singing them again so them bombing them is highly unlikely. Than we have MIg who how could they send him home his first time in B3 over Suzie who would be on her fifth time? Unless she survives the B3 which I do not foresee I really do not see unless this show is fixed for her that she will be staying for the final.

Missed this show...but I'm liking the song selections this week. I will, however, be very unhappy if Suzie turns in a less-than-stellar job on the 4 Non-Blondes song, which happens to be on my Favourite-Songs-Of-All-Time list.

I think allowing Marty & JD to sing their originals is a diabolically clever way to ensure one of them to be the top vote-getter, thereby placing Mig in the bottom three and giving INXS a chance to eliminate him. Or is that too conspiracy theory-ish?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    I just have a question. Can anyone see anyone but Suzie going this week? I am not knocking her although she is not my choice, but how could JD, Mary, or Mig go before her? First off JD and Marty's originals are the most downloaded songs and JD got the encore and Marty's is number one and they are singing them again so them bombing them is highly unlikely. Than we have MIg who how could they send him home his first time in B3 over Suzie who would be on her fifth time? Unless she survives the B3 which I do not foresee I really do not see unless this show is fixed for her that she will be staying for the final.
    I think Suzie will be in the final three as I think that they would love a female in the final three.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    If his fans ever let him get into the bottom three, I think MiG would be the next to go (either him or Suzie).

I may be wrong, but I suspect that he doesn't actually have more fans than the others. I think his fans are just more enthusiastic and vote more times per capita , which keeps him out of the bottom three.

(I kinda hesitate to say any of this, because it will probably just make you guys get worried, which will cause you to vote harder and longer, and I worry about your poor little fingers and eyes as you repeatedly type in number/letter combinations from the weird box thingie. )

I'd love to see how things would shake down if everybody only voted once. I'm guessing the rankings would be different, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Missed this show...but I'm liking the song selections this week. I will, however, be very unhappy if Suzie turns in a less-than-stellar job on the 4 Non-Blondes song, which happens to be on my Favourite-Songs-Of-All-Time list.

I think allowing Marty & JD to sing their originals is a diabolically clever way to ensure one of them to be the top vote-getter, thereby placing Mig in the bottom three and giving INXS a chance to eliminate him. Or is that too conspiracy theory-ish?

I'm interested to see Suzie perform that song, too. My first reaction was, "I think she can pull this off..." I hope she does - that song rocks.

Good point re the Mig theory. It's plenty obvious they want to dump him. I won't miss him for a second. I don't get the whole attraction thing...he just doesn't rock my boat. But then, I don't get a lot of things.

As long as Suzie isn't asked to talk, I'll like her singing - I wonder how she can learn an entire song after seeing her in that interview! The girl can't even make a whole sentence.

I'm seeing Marty and JD in a showdown. Good TV!

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    I'm wondering if they're looking for a reason to not like him & 'too nice' is nicer than saying 'not talented enough'.

Everything goes through your own filter though lol.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing - when I read people commenting on how bleh Mig is I think "huh? He's great!" and then list in my head the reasons why... I can see why people like the others (particularly the other three in the final four), but I do like Mig.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011