+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 9/11 **SPOILERS**

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    maybe JD's Vegas song/style is edgy enough for OB and they'll opt for him because he's a kissass.

[conspiracy]And maybe OB wants to hammer "Vegas" down our throats because they want to include it on their new CD.[/conspiracy]

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    Sometimes it's the innocent guys who really want the 'edge' (because they don't have it?)

I was surprised how anti-MiG they were because of his 'niceness'. I'm not trilled with MiG's stage presence but I wouldn't complain about his personality.
    I agree, plus the edge that they look for in MiG, they don't like in JD. It seems like they are just looking for complaints to mess with our minds. If it looked like they were leading too much in one specific direction, the show would be over. For all we know, they've had their choice since the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Didn't they all receive the same music (INXS written) and had to go away and write a song to go with it? I seem to remember the purpose of the clinic was to get the music and then work on lyrics and arrangement. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
    The sheet music that JD received had 'Pretty Vegas' words & music by JD Fortune and Andy Farris. I thought it was quite interesting that Andy gave himself credit on the song. JD will not be able to take 'Pretty Vegas' away as his own.

That said - Andy's portion wasn't all that huge. 'Pretty Vegas' and 'Stop Go' didn't sound like the same song at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    I I do think that they find Marty a bit too assertive on wanting to change them to be more modern (as in I think they realize that they are never going to be one of the top 3 bands, even though they still wish to be relevant), then again, sometimes I think Marty wants to be a tad too aggressive so he is a finalist but not chosen and can then take his own band stellar.
    Marty has shown himself willing to change to be part of their group & they've seen he can work well with others so I don't think that his assertiveness is an issue for them. They really seemed to prefer assertivenes.

JD still seems to be the frontrunner though.

OK, I've seen the show up here in the Great White North ( where it is 30 degrees, 90 for you Americans!).

Loved all the JD stuff! JD crying when he sees his Mommy and sister! JD being open and honest with the band (honestly!). JD excited with his music! JD getting Suzie to bite his asscake! " Everyone in the house finally gets a piece of ass." C'mon...admit it ...we would all like to play with JD! In more ways than one...

What was up with Marty? Whoa...slow down business boy! Marty is great...but he did come off as pushy. I think he may get a "doesn't play well with others".

MiG did a good job with the interview I thought. I was surprised OB seemed concerned with his abilities.

Suzie...well...um...wait...I thought I had a comment......
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    I like Marty - but he came across as a very weak leader in that task. I think Jordis led Marty around by the nose.
    Marty sent JD away to work on his own. It was the easy way out and turned things into a win-lose situation. It wasn't completely Jordis' song Marty was picking - presumably it was his too so it's no wonder he picked it.

Marty wasn't the greatest leader in dealing with difficult people. I don't think that's a prerequisite for this band.

I enojyed the end of the show where JD gave Suzie a bum cake and she dove right in. JD saying she finally got a peice of ass.....haha

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I don't think for a minute that INXS is all sweetness and affability when they collaborate together. You get that many egos in a room together for a prolonged period of time, you're going to have some disagreements. I'm sure they have had them before and will have them again, and have probably figured out a way to work thought stuff like that. I would imagine any band has to. That's probably why they aren't too worked up about JDs walking out on the songwriting clinic. They can deal with it. I don't think his ego/arrogence/attitude/whatever is really that big of a deal. He obviously loves the band and wants the gig. If they want his talents, they will find a way to work together.

Of course, I could be wrong and they are just looking for a singer whose only function will be to get up and do a passable job with their back catalogue. If that's the case, they should hire MiG or Susie. If they want someone more dynamic outside of just performing, someone who will give the band a new look and a new energy, then they need to go with JD or Marty. I think JD is the best fit though.
    I agree with you, Sweetpea... Rock stars are not typically Mr/Ms Congeniality types! They're musicians, for pete's sake! They are by nature a little eccentric, etc. JD has really climbed up the running for me in recent weeks. I'm with you that he or Marty would be the best for the job.
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

giz
    In retrospect, MiG seemed a little blah at the interview. Most people are a bundle of nerves, perhaps that's how he shows it though? For me, J.D. seemed the keenest. I think he would work with them just fine, his over-enthusiasm might need tempering perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Not my choice, but nice guys shouldn't get the boot based on that alone IMO. As they said "it's a hard decision". I'm hoping to see more INXS in the next week's show.
    I'm wondering if they're looking for a reason to not like him & 'too nice' is nicer than saying 'not talented enough'.

Everything goes through your own filter though lol.

+ Reply to Thread