+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the BEST SONG they never sang?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

What is the BEST SONG they never sang?

We're all sitting here talking about the contestants best performances so far. Just curious--what do you think are the best songs they never sang? (It could be any song from any genre, not just a song they fought over on the show but didn't get...)

For me, I think MiG would've KILLED "Bohemian Rhapsody" and I'm hoping that in some kind of encore show or special, he'll get the chance to do it. I think he would also do a great job with Oasis' "Wonderwall."

And ever since Marty got stuck with a Britney Spears song, I've wanted to hear him sing the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way" (and yes, I want screaming conductor guy Marty to do it!).

Anyone else?

I would have LOVED to hear them try some Led Zeppelin. I can't imagine that INXS didn't think of Zeppelin or that they omitted them on purpose. There had to have been a problem with song rights. I would have LOVED to hear songs like:

-Tangerine
    -Going to California
    -D'Yer Mak'er
    -Dancing Days
    -Kashmir
    -Rock and Roll
    -Heartbreaker
    -Hey Hey What Can I Do

The list goes on and on. There was SO MUCH of Nirvana--I still am mystified by the exclusion of Zeppelin.

Quote Originally Posted by narcisse
    I would have LOVED to hear them try some Led Zeppelin. I can't imagine that INXS didn't think of Zeppelin or that they omitted them on purpose. There had to have been a problem with song rights. I would have LOVED to hear songs like:

-Tangerine
    -Going to California
    -D'Yer Mak'er
    -Dancing Days
    -Kashmir
    Narcisse--Ohmigod! Kashmir would've been awesome. Not sure if any of the contestants have the chops to handle it though.

How about the IMMIGRANT SONG?

Indeed!

Zeppelin did so many 'calm' songs that it would have been great for one of them to chill out acoutically and attempt.

Still wondering WHAT in the WORLD they were thinking NOT choosing Led Zeppelin!

FORT Regular
    Led Zep will only very rarely give rights to perform their songs. That's why you almost never see anyone do them.

giz
    I would have liked to hear someone do American Woman. For my money Burton Cummings has one of the great voices in rock and roll, and it would be great to hear one of the Guess Who's songs done. Undone or These Eyes would be my second Guess Who choice.

Yes Giz ... Burton Cummings would have been awesome ...These Eyes is a killer song!!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I would have liked to hear someone do American Woman. For my money Burton Cummings has one of the great voices in rock and roll, and it would be great to hear one of the Guess Who's songs done. Undone or These Eyes would be my second Guess Who choice.
    Absolutely...those are some classic rock songs that would separate the rockers from the wannabes! Nice one, Giz...

Quote Originally Posted by giz

Burton Cumming, absolutely had one of the most classic Rock voices ever. Albert Flasher anyone?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI
    Led Zep will only very rarely give rights to perform their songs. That's why you almost never see anyone do them.
    Unless it's a cover band of lesbians. :-x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast