+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the BEST SONG they never sang?

FORT Newbie
    fire woman - the cult (would love to here JD sing this)
    drug buddy - the lemonheads (would suit marty perfectly)
    judas' song - from jesus christ superstar (not sure of the title but i would love to here mig give this a shot)
    counting backwards - throwing muses (would like to here suzie do something other than power singing)

giz
    Anytime Burton Cummings needs an ego-boost, all he needs to do is come to FORT. I saw him in concert once, and he's quite the musician too. Played piano and flute. Anyone listening to the re-runs of programs on CBC? They are doing the Essential Canadian songs of the century at 5:00. If they insist on doing group songs on RI, what about The Weight by The Band? (I know I'm bad for listening to the locked-out workers' CBC, I don't like it, but habit is hard to break).

Hopefully doing the group song was a one-off. I've only once seen a good group song, and that was Canadian Railroad Trilogy on CI.

JD sang American Woman the very first show...and was told by OB that it was a little too OTT. He was grabing some girls hair in the crowd while he sang, and did lots of pelvis thrusting.
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

giz
    Rats, sorry I missed that. Didn't find RS til the second show. Thanks for letting me know.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    counting backwards - throwing muses (would like to here suzie do something other than power singing)
    That's an interesting notion, Spitey. I wonder what she could do (or not do) with a song like Six Pence None The Richer's "Kiss Me" or the La's "There She Goes." It would be nice to hear the sweeter side of "Sweet Suzie McNeil" (as Brooke and Dave have taken to calling her. Yeah, it annoys me, too).

It would be interesting to here JD do "Black" by Pearl Jam.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I think Suzie would've done a really good job with Concrete Blonde's "Joey." (And no, it's not about Matt LeBlanc's show.) The only guy who could probably do it justice is Marty--the song fits into his dark element that he excels in.

I think someone should have done another PF, preferably Another Brick in the Wall. Or one of the girls doing ND's Don't Speak

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I would have liked to hear someone do American Woman. For my money Burton Cummings has one of the great voices in rock and roll, and it would be great to hear one of the Guess Who's songs done. Undone or These Eyes would be my second Guess Who choice.
    Listening to Burton Cummings sing "I'm Scared" gives me chills, literally. He has an amazing voice. Saw him in concert many moons ago, and he was awesome.

edited because someone already answered giz's question...

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Listening to Burton Cummings sing "I'm Scared" gives me chills, literally. He has an amazing voice. Saw him in concert many moons ago, and he was awesome.
    Good to hear, I don't know too many people who are as familiar with the Burton voice-love as we are. Go get his solo work fellow FORTers, or The Best of the Guess Who, my fave GW cd. I wouldn't have minded hearing some Annie Lennox, love the song Why. Or Kingdom of Rain by Matt Johnson. The The reminds me a little of the feel of some of INXS' more sensual music, but its better IMO. (less danceable I suppose).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast