+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Results Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Yeah, that kind of puts OB:INXS in an awkward situation, doesn't it? If MiG makes it to the final 3, and they all just battle it out, how will it look cutting him (if that is in fact what they want to do) when he's never even been voted into the bottom three by the fans? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    actually, she did do "never tear us apart" on an elimination show. it was week 1 (her 2nd time being in the bottom 3 that first week)

from the recaps:
    "At the opposite end of the spectrum is Suzie. She's up for elimination for the second time in a week, and Tim wants to see how she handles a song with a lot of emotion, so her assignment is "Never Tear Us Apart." "
    Thanks! I thought I remember her singing it before, and nailing the "some of us, don't know whyyyyyyy" part.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by especialk
    [Let's have everyone sing INXS now...
    Here here! That's a fantastic idea! And whoever pointed out that Suzie sang that INXS song twice, excellent memory. I remember she sang it the last time wearing a pair of cut off shorts on her knees most of the time (she did it better then, I thought).

Does anyone remember what song MiG sang on the first episode -- the one where Brandon sang "Too Hard to Handle"? Where was I? I know I watched it and remember thinking he (MiG, not Brandon) was almost too pretty to look at, but I can't remember the song. That's not good, is it?

And Saige, Right on about the bottom 3 comments. I love it..."Mig, you've never been in the bottom 3 before. Goodbye." (said in a clipped British accent like that lady from "The Weakest Link" or whatever that show was called...)

FORT Regular
    I wasn't totally surprised to see Jordis go, was expecting it before the show like everyone else, but after the B3 sang I had a thought it might be JD. I thought Jordis sort of came back alive tonight and thought she did well singing as did Suzie tonight. Thought JD was OK not great tonight.

Pretty sad when the best thing about that performance of the new INXS song was...Dave Navarro.

Oh, yeah, and I look forward to the show where that horseshoe falls out of Mig's ass.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    JD had sort of a George Bush moment there. He didn't answer the question. MiG Knows he should have been bottom 3 & I think everybody but the voters feel the same way. Sorry to say but I think Jordis leaves.
    I likened it to a Paul Martin moment. (our esteemed stuttering PM)

Suzie did a hell of a job on Never Tear Us A Part... , seems that she's gaining more and more FORT critics...mind you there were Soccer Mom comments early on...she has blown me away. I wasn't that impressed early on but I love her voice, easily the best technically.

JD...great job on the encore. I was actually hoping that Marty would receive the right to sing that Sesame Street rip-off so that people could join in and play the rhyme game but he was left off the hook ( and yes...it sure is damn catchy..ba$tard)

Poor Jordis...I definitely enjoyed a few of the early performances but she tailed off. The good news is that she has nothing to worry about. I'm sure a recording contract is being drawn up as I type ( I don't think Suzie, JD or Mig will have the same luxury...Jordis has a very unique vibe/style)

So...I think Marty is the People's Choice (I'm mean Trees??? No one had ANY jokes?). Mig...I still think that he's got to be in a strong second. Suzie...should be in first on pure vocal style but it's a huge decision to bring a woman into the band (she gets my blessing if it happens...I have a ton of love for her )...JD absolutely rocks. Brings many of the elements that Michael H. did...not the same vocal range but better than Marty's worse than Mig's. Great performer but there is a definite percentage of fans (of the show) that would not be happy with the choice...OB:INXS don't want to turn off their fans (of the show) would they?
    Last edited by Downsey; 09-07-2005 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Does anyone remember what song MiG sang on the first episode -- the one where Brandon sang "Too Hard to Handle"? Where was I? I know I watched it and remember thinking he (MiG, not Brandon) was almost too pretty to look at, but I can't remember the song. That's not good, is it?
    Lois Lane - I'm pretty sure that week Mig sang the first of many Nirvana songs "Smells like Teen Spirit" where he sang and acted out in a 'wave' the 'Hello' part of the chorus, in a rather affected manner that they called him on...He has improved since then for sure.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by especialk
    Lois Lane - I'm pretty sure that week Mig sang the first of many Nirvana songs "Smells like Teen Spirit" where he sang and acted out in a 'wave' the 'Hello' part of the chorus, in a rather affected manner that they called him on...He has improved since then for sure.
    Oh dear...I'm almost embarrassed for him. I remember when Jessica sang "Come As You Are" and she was doing the "no-no-no" finger point when she got to the part about not having a gun.

The funny thing is that all the things INXS is criticizing the contestants for is things I've seen them do in their concerts (and yes, I'm old enough to have seen their first U.S. shows back in the 1820's...).

You know, I remember thinking that Tim Farris always looked sleazy (when he was in his 20's) and that Jon (the baby bro drummer) was hot. But now, it appears that Mr. Garry Gary Beers is the hottie. And what's with Kirk? He looks like John Waters' little sibling!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    How the hell does Suzie continue to end up bottom 3? Is this an anti female vote going on? She has just an unbelievable Rock voice. She just unleashed the beast on that song. No way does she get the boot. Did any one notice the look on Navarros' face when she was announced?
    I guess the anti-black, anti-maybe-gay vote had to find someone new to pick on…

Wow, Dave Navarro has still got it. I kind of like(d) the new INXS song. I think I'd love Suzie if she didn't have such an affected way of pronouncing words when she sings. She sounded great in the group song, where it was easier to tune out the big vowels.
    Last edited by jasmar; 09-08-2005 at 12:10 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane

Oh, yeah, and I look forward to the show where that horseshoe falls out of Mig's ass.
    Reminder to self: never read AJane's posts while drinking coke, lest it come flying out of nose again. End reminder to self.

That kicked my rear end!
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

+ Reply to Thread