+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Results Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Saige, I always thought that comment to Ty was odd - who cares how many times he's in the bottom 3? Yet whenever Suzie is in they shake their heads in astonishment. I just think they couldn't think of anything better to tell him other than the usual "you're just not right..."

If they care about how the fans are voting, then they might want to re-think their love for Suzie. If they're not letting that affect their opinion, then don't use it as an excuse either. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes
    JLuvs...its nice you are coming over to the dark JD side....
    JD was in my top three close to the beginning of the show. I loved California Dreamin', Hand in My Pocket and I do really like Pretty Vegas. I still like Marty an MiG much better than JD though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    I have a question though they gave Ty the speech you have been in the bottom three three times it is your time to go, but Suzie has been in it five times now and they never give her any flack and keep her? Methinks they are not liking the fans not digging her the best. It is her time next week than the real battle can begin.
    Saige, I think they just say stuff like that 'cause they have to do something dramatic for television. I'm sure they like her singing. But I honestly don't know if they really like Suzie (as a potential band member, I mean) or if they like the idea of making us think they'd pick a woman to front their band.

I thought it was interesting when they asked Suzie etc. if she thought she could "lead" the band. Who are they kidding? They're not going to let anyone lead the band but the band -- which is probably how it should be anyhow. Just because this person will be the lead singer in the group, it doesn't mean he (oh ok, or she) will be the leader of INXS.

Some of these questions they ask the guys/gals cracks me up because these people are just put on the spot of having to say something that will please the band, but may not have anything to do with what they're really feeling.

Such as...

"I like INXS, but fronting your band would be a great opportunity for ME to get my name out there and launch my own career as a solo artist or form my own band..."

It's like a job interview. When the boss asks you why you want to work for his company, you say, "Because I love plastics." Not, "I really need the money."

Anyhow, I know this is a TV show and it's entertainment...but I can't help getting curmudgeony every once in a while.

BTW, Speedy did a really nice recap of last night's show but I can't post on there yet (all the threads are temporarily locked, as someone said).

I like all three...Marty, MiG, J.D. Love different things about each of them. Can't they just keep 'em all and switch them around? Now THAT would be a show!

We've seen this band out of Wisconsin that does mostly cover songs - they have about 10 guys and most of them sing, so they can do anything from ACDC to Dave Mathews, and the songs sound a lot like the original. Great band.

p.s. I'm a FORT Regular now! Yea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    I have a question though they gave Ty the speech you have been in the bottom three three times it is your time to go, but Suzie has been in it five times now ...
    Kinda blows the logic doesn't it?! Ty could out perform "sweet Suzie" in his sleep. Ty knew the score and spoke bravely in his final comments. However, he wasn't a fit INXS -- he's better.

-- Go Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Didn't Susie sing Never Tear Us Apart during a previous visit to the bottom 3? Still waiting for the show to air here on the west coast, but I seem to remember she nailed that song once before.

Oh, and so glad to hear JD got the encore.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    She did it on the radio gig.
    actually, she did do "never tear us apart" on an elimination show. it was week 1 (her 2nd time being in the bottom 3 that first week)

from the recaps:
    "At the opposite end of the spectrum is Suzie. She's up for elimination for the second time in a week, and Tim wants to see how she handles a song with a lot of emotion, so her assignment is "Never Tear Us Apart." "

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    But don't you think it would be a bonus to have someone around to share the writing duties? I believe MH co-wrote most of INXS' songs, didn't he?
    It varied from song to song and album to album but generally speaking Andrew wrote most of the music and Michael wrote most of the lyrics to INXS's best known songs.

[As for that new INXS song, "Us"...how to say this politely? IT SUCKS! You know how they were saying that that contestants songs didn't sound like it'd fit in with the band's catalog. Hate to break this to you guys, but neither does "Us."

Agree - i suppose the song was a nice sentiment and a group kumbaya moment, but I did not turn up the volume, like I did for JD and Marty's songs. I'd rather hear 'Pretty Vegas' - was that the title of JD's song? Or Marty's song 'Trees.'

To me it is down to JD or Marty - their inner personality is 'Rock Star.' Though Suzie has really grown on me, with her and Mig I am just not feeling it as much, but I suppose it also has to do with the original songs they performed this week. Let's have everyone sing INXS now...

FORT Fogey
    I just have to laugh if they eliminate Mig what will they say you have never been in bottom three, but goodbye. Suzie you have been there six times you win, Mig you never have been there but you are not right??? I just think this voting is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    actually, she did do "never tear us apart" on an elimination show. it was week 1 (her 2nd time being in the bottom 3 that first week)

from the recaps:
    "At the opposite end of the spectrum is Suzie. She's up for elimination for the second time in a week, and Tim wants to see how she handles a song with a lot of emotion, so her assignment is "Never Tear Us Apart." "
    Thanks! Wow, she should be much better at it by now, then.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

+ Reply to Thread