+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Results Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    I had to tape yesterday's show and just watched it tonight. Although I think JD is too off-kilter to be in anyone's band, I think he has talent, and his song was really good.

Suzie....adorable as a person - tons of personality. She kinda reminded me of Chrissy Hines (sp?!) but not as original.

Mig.....can't figure him out. I think he's got talent, but I really see him where he came from - Broadway.

Jordis ...... LOVE HER! Just not right for the group...I believe Dave N. She'll go on to a great solo career.

Marty.....LOVED HIS SONG! I'm thinking more and more that he is going to win.

Just a few shorts comments...

I went to taping today and I am not going to really write anything up.

I went because I thought for sure MiG was going to be in the bottom three and I really wanted to be there to hear him sing INXS. My jaw just about hit the floor when JD was told he was in the bottom three. There is no way, in my eyes at least, that JD should have been in the bottom three.

As for the encore I am glad that JD got it. I am sure that it was a very close vote, as both songs were good. I was bummed that he didn't use the megaphone again.

From MiG's reaction there you could tell that he absoultely believed that he should be in the bottom three.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    After tonight JD is the best fit for INXS. Now Mig might be, but I need to hear him sing INXS. Suzie I cannot stand the way she sings INXS, and Marty is awesome but like someone said above INXS would cramp his style. I think he out of all the remaining would be the one I would be in line to buy an album from. JOrdis blech same voice all her songs are the same as long as she can sit or stand in the same spot and sing a ballad she will be fine. JD blew me away with MYSTIFY, and he is my choice as of now. Mig is still in the running, but I want to hear him sing INXS.

JLuvs...its nice you are coming over to the dark JD side....
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I went to taping today and I am not going to really write anything up.

I went because I thought for sure MiG was going to be in the bottom three and I really wanted to be there to hear him sing INXS. My jaw just about hit the floor when JD was told he was in the bottom three. There is no way, in my eyes at least, that JD should have been in the bottom three.

As for the encore I am glad that JD got it. I am sure that it was a very close vote, as both songs were good. I was bummed that he didn't use the megaphone again.

From MiG's reaction there you could tell that he absoultely believed that he should be in the bottom three.

HI JLuvs, thanks for posting. Since LAGuy left, any chance you''d be willing to tackle the questions we threw out his way? For instance, did the band indicate what they thought of the bottom three? ANy guess as to which way they are leaning for the final?
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    Suzie....adorable as a person - tons of personality. She kinda reminded me of Chrissy Hines (sp?!) but not as original.
    Jex, I LOVE your posts but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Suzie is a cutie but she is no Chrissie Hynde!!!!!!!! Hynde's voice is crystal clear and so very unique. I personally like a lot of songs sung by technically bad singers (Kurt Cobain, Mick Jagger, the little Aussie in Jet (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way about Aussies but this guy is teeny tiny), etc.). But Hynde is spot on in so many ways. If I had the talent (and looks) to be a rocker, I'd want to be her (minus the marriage to Ray Davies, whose voice I also like, although he's not a technically good singer either).

Nonetheless, keep posting! I love reading what you have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by especialk
    Interesting that recently some of the ones to go had all messed up the words to their INXS song (Brandon, Ty, Jordis).
    Did Jordis mess up the words? I wasn't listening too close cause she just wasn't doing it for me...[/QUOTE]

Yes, she started singing "so slide over here..." when it was supposed to be "how do you feel" or something like that. I usually don't pay attention that closely either but you could tell by the look on her face.

FORT Fogey
    I have a question though they gave Ty the speech you have been in the bottom three three times it is your time to go, but Suzie has been in it five times now and they never give her any flack and keep her? Methinks they are not liking the fans not digging her the best. It is her time next week than the real battle can begin.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    HI JLuvs, thanks for posting. Since LAGuy left, any chance you''d be willing to tackle the questions we threw out his way? For instance, did the band indicate what they thought of the bottom three? ANy guess as to which way they are leaning for the final?
    I think the whole audience, band, crew, INXS, stagehands....everyone was shocked that JD was in the bottom three and rightly so. MiG should have been there.

As to what way INXS is going I have not a clue. I think that MiG fans are doing him a diservice by not allowing him to sing an INXS song.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    But don't you think it would be a bonus to have someone around to share the writing duties? I believe MH co-wrote most of INXS' songs, didn't he?
    Andy and Michael co-wrote most of their songs, although all of the guys had a hand in at least a few of the songs.

I'm so glad Jordis is gone.. I felt sort of embarrassed for her because she had to have known the others were more talented/suited to the job. It was like on AI when Nikki was out-matched

I'm glad that the decision will ultimately fall to OB:INXS - think they're more qualified to make the decision than the American public.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread