+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Results Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

JD should not have been in that bottom three ... and Mig should not have been in the top 2, JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    JD should not have been in that bottom three ... and Mig should not have been in the top 2, JMHO
    Yeah, but I guess the fans have pulled JD through some of his less-than-stellar performances (see how objective I can be! ). I guess MiG has a huge fanbase. Believe me, though, I will be voting my fingers to the bone for JD cause I truly believe he deserves to be in this till the end.

LAGuy, what did the band/Dave say after JDs song? Can you share?

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    If it were based on just the last night's performances, i agree entirely with YHO, but Mig's fans pulled him through. I keep wanting to like Mig, but Marty and even JD just keep edging him out for me...

Jordis is about the only one there that I'd buy a solo album of. But I agree that she's not right for OB:INXS.

I'm starting to think Susie might be, though. Because she's a woman, I don't compare her to Michael Hutchence as much as I do the guys.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Wow, the MiG supporters really pulled their boy through last night. After that original song I thought for sure he would taste the bottom 3 for the first time.
    MiG's original song was very heartfelt and moving, not INXS maybe but very good. He is too good for INXS, he can sing INXS and non-INXS songs. The 2 songs he did on the performance show indicate versatility. Glad JD got the encore. Don't care too much for Marty's song, especially the words.

I think MiG expected to be in the bottom 3 too. I laughed when he fell over when Brooke did the AI "we'll find out when we return" thing.

No way did J.D. belong in the bottom 3 - but I was happy to hear him sing Mystify. Hadn't heard the radio version he did but heard it was good. He was great and you can tell the crowd loved it too.

Interesting that recently some of the ones to go had all messed up the words to their INXS song (Brandon, Ty, Jordis).

I'm really surprised that Jordis lasted as long as she did. Her vocal range is pitiful and she has no stage presence.

The closeness of these applicants is amazing. They do realize that they are competing for the same job - don't they?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I feel sad. As Jordis was singing, you could see on her face that she knew she wasn't going to make it. The song was almost too poppy for her type of voice. I felt really bad for her, 'cause she seems like a really nice person...

Suzie--still hate her voice. I don't care how technically good she may be. Maria Callas had a great voice as well, but she's not right for INXS either.

JD--yeah, he was good tonight, but his voice lacks the richness that Hutchence had.

MiG--yes, judging by yesterday's performance, he should've been in the bottom 3 and I for one was really looking forward to hearing him do an INXS song--I think he could do them really well...given the chance (if that's the right word). I think he will have a little bit of the survivor's guilt (just like Jordis did when she wasn't in the bottom 3 a few weeks ago). He looked a little heart broken.

Marty--glad he wasn't voted into the bottom 3. Love him, too.

As for that new INXS song, "Us"...how to say this politely? IT SUCKS! You know how they were saying that that contestants songs didn't sound like it'd fit in with the band's catalog. Hate to break this to you guys, but neither does "Us." ICK. That said, there's only so long a band can be relevant. They've been kicking it for decades...Their best is probably in the past and their concerts biggest moments will be the "oldies."

Next week--Suzie will be going home. MiG, JD and Marty are too popular with the ladies, who seem to be doing the bulk of the voting...INXS likes her but I don't think the fans do. I'm a woman and I am very pro-women, but she doesn't have the voice for this band. Now someone like Chrissie Hynde--hell yeah! Any band would be lucky to get her to front their band...

Anyhow, tonight's show just leaves me feeling sad. 'Night all!

Interesting that recently some of the ones to go had all messed up the words to their INXS song (Brandon, Ty, Jordis).[/QUOTE]

Did Jordis mess up the words? I wasn't listening too close cause she just wasn't doing it for me...

+ Reply to Thread