+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/6 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I’m not feeling MiG’s original song at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    JLuvs...lots of up close shots of MiG singing his original tonight...........
    Is it bad to say that I have already seen the video a few times in the last hour and I know?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Sadly…If you have to explain a song...then you didn’t do a good job in creating it or performing it.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    Sadly…If you have to explain a song...then you didn’t do a good job in creating it or performing it.
    Every singer was asked to explain their original song tonight.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Mig's original sounds like a 80s ballad (i.e. Peter Cetera circa 1987).
    I would agree with that statement.....I liked his song..did it give me chills? No...but then again I was paying more attention to looking at his face on the screen.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I think Mig was awesome, he is the only one from thsi group that I can accept to replace Michael. He is awesome and I would go see him in concert in a second, even better if he's the lead singer of NXS. Go Mig!!

MiG Hard to Handle and original song Home in Me

Dave: Your set showed off a lot of range tonight. You're an incredibly dynamic performer. The subject matter of that song really hits home for me and I'm sure it hits home for everybody here on the couch, I really liked it a lot. I guess I wonder how it relates to INXS, like I said to Suzie, but I think it was beautiful. (MiG says it's very relatable to INXS cause it's about losing someone and the pain and then moving on which is exactly what they're doing)

INXS: I know what Dave meant, I can never imagine us singing that particular ballad cause it's not a very INXS type of song. Dave's right at this point in the show you have to start thinking about that, everyone I think, cause it's us you're trying out for. The ballad was fantastic and doing Hard To Handle really showed how versaitle you are as a performer. It was great, fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Every singer was asked to explain their original song tonight.
    Yes…before they sing the song…when you have to do so after you have performed…then you have problems.

Suzie- Hideous outfit. I haven't heard Bonnie sing this for a long time, but I still kept hearing her voice in my head over Suzie's. That doesn't say much for Suz's performance. She has a nice voice and has the sense not to smile at inappropriate times, but could she front a band? hmmm

Mig- He sounded ok, but is so ugly I can't watch him.

I figure Jordis for making it through "Champions" without mangling the notes or anything, but I'm still afraid it will be 'wrong". I predictJordis isn't extroverted enough to carry off this song, unless she does something weird to it that will make me hate it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread