+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 9/6 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Ah, my Marty did a fabulous job - Trees was a good song! Upbeat without being syrupy. Love it! Plus he was just kinda hot... not so much the clothes, but that magnetism. I love his intensity. Go Marty!
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

MiGs original was nice, but I can see OB's point...it's definitely not an INXS sounding song. Sounds more like an 80s hair band's slow-dance song.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    MiGs original was nice, but I can see OB's point...it's definitely not an INXS sounding song. Sounds more like an 80s hair band's slow-dance song.
    at 80s hair band
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Mig did a good job. He seemed to struggle getting some of the lyrics in fast enough, but otherwise did a good job.

He doesn't do that much for me, but I admire the musicianship he displayed with his original song. I was kinda sad that he got the brunt of Andrew's comment about the song being a good fit for INXS, when that comment was actually directed at Suzie also. Mig took it gracefully though.

I don't think Mig displayed the showmanship or the ability to work the room the way JD did, but I enjoyed watching him over Suzie.

And what the heck? Is this Constantine night? (Constantine did Hard to Handle too. I'm having flashbacks)

You know, Jordis could stand to move around a bit more. The standing there, beautiful eyes staring into the camera, works ok for the TV audience but does it do much to get the crowd moving? She moved around a bit at the end, but just not such a dynamic performer at all.

The results are in...
    Yes, Jordis has officially performed We Are The Champions better than JD.
    She did a good job with it. Only complaint: what happened to "...of the world"??? She left me hanging at the point where the song usually resolves!

I liked her original too (although too bad she can't claim full responsibility for it. The words were Marty's and the music was the band's). I think she did a great performance of it. Wish she used a little more energy in her performance.

Jordis, what happened at the end? When anybody asks you if you're losing a little of your fire, you need to FIRE BACK AT THEM "Hell no Dave! I got the fire and it's burnin' heeeere, baby!"

Disappointed in her response to that question. She had the chance to seal up a good, positive set, but instead she let her set kinda wither away in the wind....

???

JD was hot. Not so big on the original song, but he did a fabulous job with Come As You Are. It's the eyes, I tell ya...

Good Lord, Jordis should not wear lowrider jeans that are cut THAT low. She just looks wrong. Clothes are meant to flatter your body, not make us grimace. Stay away from the 525s or 515s, Jordis. They are NOT YOU.

I'm with those that can't get Trees out of their head. It's very catchy.
    I also liked JD's "Pretty Vegas" original song. JD rocked!!
    My two favorite performances were by JD and Marty.

Suzie had a 'forgettable' performance. I didn't feel Mig at all. His original song was so cheesy. Jordis sounds good in some parts of her performances, but she does seem to have given up. She should be great once she gets more experience. Besides, she's not right for INXS.

My rankings:
    1. JD/Marty
    3. Suzie
    4. Jordis
    5. Mig

FORT Newbie
    I thought JD was the best. Loved his Nirvana song. Loved how it blended in to his original and he ROCKED it! He's had some hit and misses for me but tonight my votes go to him. Suzi has a nice voice but she bored me to tears tonight. Jordis just seems tired of it all. Mig, wasn't feeling it at all. Didn't care for Marty's everlong, nothing special. Trees was good but not my favorite.

I will say this... MiG is just elfin sex appeal. Hot damn! He was totally working the camera in the Levi's shoot and I wanted to prove to him that he's not THAT hard to handle.

+ Reply to Thread