+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/6 Performance Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

This was the first time I saw the show, and I quite liked it. Marty was my favorite, not because I'd find him attractive (that prize goes to MiG, those eyes...), but because Marty was incredibly intense and believable when he was singing. He was just genuine, and I liked his original a lot, would love to hear it in radio.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Marty- Bad hair day and girly jeans, but still the best looking of the men. Dave mentioned that he listens to the comments, learns from them and makes the necessary adjustments for the job he's applying for. I still consider him the best all over fit for INXS, but question whether they are a good fit for him.

Please send Jordis home and put her out of my misery.

Brooke- Get your mom to dress you in the future. You're embarrassing me.

FORT Fogey
    Not a huge Suzie fan but she has the best voice by far and more soul than any of these folks.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Haven't seen tonight's show yet. West coast. But I will say I have a real hate-on for cut-off pants. Basically,unless it is the early 1960's and you are Annette Funicello, put down the capris and back away. They just really irk me. I think in ten years, everyone who once owned capris will look at those old photos and wince, just like those of us who once owned shoulder pads do now.
    And to think there was a time in the 80's where I winced over my bellbottoms and then look what happened!!!!!

Marty looked like, god I can't even say it without insulting so many people that are that way, but he looked homeless. The only thing missing was the shopping cart. HATED the boots. (I'm talking fashion shoot here, not performance).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Haven't seen the show yet, but since I was there:

1. J.D.
    2. Marty
    3. Suzie
    4. MiG
    5. Jordis

Here would be mine:

1. Marty
    2. JD
    3. MiG
    4. Suzie
    5. Jordis
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD
    Tonight was great!

Brooke, give my grandmother's nightgown back. She's been looking for that caftan all day!

JD - AWESOME performance! Loved Come as You Are. First time I have loved a Nirvana song. I am the only person in the world apparantly that did not like Nirvana. But I liked it tonight.
    And I LOVED Pretty Vegas. I thought it sounded INXS-ey

Suzie-girl, you need breath control. That is one of my favorite songs and Bonnie can hold the notes out. You cut them off short a few times.
    And your other song had Ty's stamp all over it. Meh!

Mig - I'm glad he changed his elfish hair, but all I could think tonight was that it was David Cassidy singing George Thourogood. His original was good. Better than the last one. Again, tho, meh!

Jordis - poor girl is going home tomorrow. She has lost the fire like Dave pointed out. I don't think she has the momentum to keep going. We are the Champions was not great. Her original sounded better than I thought it would after seeing the house show, but still underwhelmed. I hope she gets a good gig elsewhere but it won't be here.

Marty - well I have not liked Marty for the whole show until last week and now this week. He was AMAZING! LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! Trees. I thought it sounded a little bit like some of the Beatles Yellow Submarine, Sgt. Pepper, Rocky Raccoon with more of an edge. I would buy that single. (I cannot believe I am saying that, but he has changed my opinion of him last week and this). He is still kind of scary tho. If he has a seizure onstage would anyone notice???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    oooh question....did they leave in the Marty, Marty, Marty chant?

I am not suprised with those rankings at all.
    I don't think I heard the Marty chant...but his original was the best one! I could definitely hear that one on the radio too. I liked Everlong but I really wanted to hear him rock it out instead.

My rankings:

1. Marty
    2. J.D.
    3. MiG
    4. Suzie
    5. Jordis

JLuvs/LAGuy - did they talk about Suzie eating the cake that J.D. sat on? Or the group shower? I read Suzie's blog and she said she wanted to puke when she found out what she did - but J.D. told her he had a clean a$$.

FORT Newbie

Ugh!

That damn Marty Casey. I'm singing the Trees song over and over and over. It's catchy like my kids' preschooler music.

Now that I know that JD used to play Elivs - I can't see anything but that in his performances.

Mig seemed to be trying to capatalize on INXS' tragedy with his song.

Loved Suzie. Jordis is done though. She's just not mature enough and would probably be a better fit with a solo or newer band.

FORT Fogey
    OH man I love Marty, that guy is awesome, but I want him without INXS on his own with his band, but if they pick him I will buy it. JD/MIg I am on a toss up between the two and like them both a lot. Suzie blech yuck just do not like her at all, and Jordis what can I say she gets worse every week. I cannot get that song Trees out of my head thanks Marty

+ Reply to Thread