+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Star: INXS 9/4/05 Recap - You Can Have Your Cake And Wear It Too!

Rock Star: INXS 9/4/05 Recap - You Can Have Your Cake And Wear It Too!

Welcome to yet another wild and zany week of the hippest and coolest rock star search in all the land. Last week JD let his ego get in the way, Jordis landed in the bottom three and Susie brought the house down with her rousing rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody. Yet it was Ty who left us in an emotional farewell leaving five motherless cubs to fend for themselves. Will the young eat their own? Or will the remaining just gang up and eat JD? Let’s find out shall we…

Alcohol and a loss of a contestant go together like a five pound bag of gummy worms and a six year old on a school night. After several glasses of the mansion’s finest boxed wine, Jordis begins to get pretty wound up. She feels that she should have been the one to go home. Yeah, her bottom three performance left about as much desire as mowing the lawn with a pair of nail clippers but INXS wanted her there for a reason.

JD, in an Oscar winning performance, tells Jordis to take that under whelming feeling and use it to catapult herself into her next performance. He also thinks her age of 23 is a factor as well. Well excuse us, JD. Not all of us have had the luck to be an Elvis impersonator.

Make Mine Spray Painted-On
    How kick ass is this show?! Not only do the singer’s get to perform rocking songs, take part in fun clinics but now they are entering into the world of modeling.

The remaining five are going to be the spokespeople for the new Levi’s ad campaign which is titled A Style For Every Story. Bitchin dude!! Ellie May, the sultry stylist, is along for the ride and Nathaniel Welch, international photographer will be doing the shooting.

It’s now all about picking the right style. I prefer mine spray painted on with the cuffs pegged which is exactly why I’m not there. JD is first in front of the camera. His pouty lips, deep eyes and dimpled chin impress the photographer. Mig follows suit. Apparently there is such thing as being too sexy. Mig made a little too much love to the camera and the photographer thinks that may be a turn-off.

Poor Jordis is not very camera friendly. Weird, huh? She has no problem getting on stage in front of millions of viewers, but throw a camera in her direction and she’s like my cat around strangers- diving for the covers. She’s still hot, though. Those smoky eyes and streaked dreads have me melting like butter in a frying pan.

After a few takes, Marty began to ham it up. His martial arts-like poses were more reminiscent of Tiger Beat and less Enter The Dragon. Suzie was the only one ready to “rock out!”. Even the fan came out to blow her hair. Yowzas!

Smash, Eat, Repeat. Then Wash It Off…Together
    We’re just being treated to a potpourri of surprises this week. Back at the house the crew was just sitting around chillaxin when Marty and Mig brought out a birthday cake for JD. It was a big one comprised of two frosted wings that said “Human Being”. In case you haven’t noticed, JD has one word of that phrase tattooed on each forearm.

JD asks if the others are ready to go to the end of the earth with him. In a kind of “I’ll just nod along because I have no idea what he’s referring to” head bobble, the other’s agree. Then…JD grabs two handfuls of cake and just starts tossing it everywhere. A-ha! So that’s what going to the end of the world is.

After all the cake was either on the ground or on their bodies, the group hit’s the showers for a quasi- cake orgy/ shower. I saw some g-string action but those damn camera men cut away too quick. It was a rowdy night. Probably for the best as things will only get more stressful from here. It was neat to see the gang having a great time. I hope they took their aspirin before going to bed. Tomorrow is gonna be a doozy.

Your Vote, Their Choice
    Did you remember to vote online for the MSN viewer’s song choice? No? Shame on you then. Just kidding my precious readers. Instead of the usual pieces of paper containing song selection’s on the wall, this week the contestants have the choice of singing one the wild card songs that viewers have selected for them. All this provided on a wide screen Dell computer monitor. *end obligatory product placement*

Mig went first. The highest voted song for him was Hard To Handle by the Black Crowes. Second highest was Baby, I love Your Way by Frampton. I hope he goes with that one. He can even get that kooky vibrating microphone thingy going on. In addition to the songs chosen, there were fan comments as well.

Marty had Everlong by Foo Fighters as his top pick. He’s a little sketchy about doing it because of the chorus but I hope he does it. Jordis had We Are The Champions by Queen which emitted a big gasp from everyone. Suzie had I Can’t Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt. Wicked awesome I say in my best Boston accent. She was really happy and loves the original song by Bonnie.

However, the funniest moment came when JD saw what his viewer choice was. He was given Come As You Are by Nirvana which was followed by a not so enthusiastic “ooooh”. You could see in his eyes he was thinking “Damn you viewers for giving me this song.” And in typical JD fashion, he refused to read his viewers comments. He thought they would “mess me up” only later to have Suzie read him some comments after all.

In addition to performing the viewer’s choice picks, INXS also wants them to sing an original song. Marty is singing an original called Trees. Jordis has an edgy song titled Try Not as in try not to sing this song the way she wants it to be sung. The house band is not jiving at all with what she has in mind. Nate comes up with a different melody and tempo which sounds eons better than the Courtney Love style crap she originally wanted. She feels frustrated because she has a hard time explaining what she wants.

And thus we’re left wondering how this will all pan out. Will Jordis crumble under pressure? Will Marty tackle Everlong? Will JD get all the birthday cake out of his ass crack? Sit tight folks. The answers are coming.

How do you wear your Levis? Style tips needed at: speedbump@fansofrealitytv.com

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Back at the house the crew was just sitting around chillaxin when Marty and Mig brought out a birthday cake for JD... JD asks if the others are ready to go to the end of the earth with him... JD grabs two handfuls of cake and just starts tossing it everywhere... After all the cake was either on the ground or on their bodies, the group hit’s the showers for a quasi- cake orgy/ shower. I saw some g-string action but those damn camera men cut away too quick. It was a rowdy night.
    This sounds like a pretty good way to end the evening, to me!

Great recap. You have them up faster than I can drive home from the show
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    UR the BEST, Speedbump!! Thanks for the recap!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Holy fast recap!!
    Thanks!
    And thus we’re left wondering how this will all pan out. Will Jordis crumble under pressure? Will Marty tackle Everlong? Will JD get all the birthday cake out of his ass crack? Sit tight folks.
    This had me spitting out my coffee!!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Reality junkie
    Will JD get all the birthday cake out of his ass crack? Sit tight folks.
    lol - not 2 sentences I would normally expect to see together.

[QUOTE=speedbump]Will JD get all the birthday cake out of his ass crack?

Well that certainly puts a different slant on blowing out the candles doesn't it? Good stuff once again.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    well done, Speedy, as usual

Alcohol and a loss of a contestant go together like a five pound bag of gummy worms and a six year old on a school night.

Well excuse us, JD. Not all of us have had the luck to be an Elvis impersonator.

JD asks if the others are ready to go to the end of the earth with him. In a kind of “I’ll just nod along because I have no idea what he’s referring to” head bobble, the other’s agree.

Will JD get all the birthday cake out of his ass crack? Sit tight folks. The answers are coming.

Great job, speedy.
    As always, you rock

I'm new here, but for what I can see, you did a great job with your recap!... I'll sure come often to read them!
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread