+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rocker Blogs

Rocker Blogs

I was just reading all (the remaining contestants) of the rocker blogs at the msn site.

Each one of them, with the exception of one, talked about a street concert they did the other night. Except Mig. He didn't mention it at all. JD in contrast, talked about each person's performance.

I just found it odd that Mig is obsessing over not singing Bo Rap to the point of not posting about anything else. And it is a long post.

Just thought it might be nice to have a place to discuss the rocker blogs. I've read thru them all to some degree. You get a non-stage glimpse of the performers and sort of a different kind of confessional sometimes.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

giz
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I also noticed MiG spent a lot of time saying "I was chosen personally by Brian May to be the lead." It was kind of annoying, but probably he's still that thrilled over it, versus being self-congratulatory. I thought JD came across quite well in his blog. Better than Jordis. He's more introspective. (and didn't go on and on about his dislike of other contestants).

giz, I agree, I like reading JD's blog. It gives him a different spin and makes him more introspective. I like that they are doing blogs for this, it lets us get a better feel for who they are.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I also noticed MiG spent a lot of time saying "I was chosen personally by Brian May to be the lead." It was kind of annoying, but probably he's still that thrilled over it, versus being self-congratulatory. I thought JD came across quite well in his blog. Better than Jordis. He's more introspective. (and didn't go on and on about his dislike of other contestants).
    He mentioned being picked for the lead ONCE in a sentence slightly longer than your quote. I wouldn't call that spending a lot of time. He did spend a lot of time explaining why he wanted it and why he gave it up. If the contestants have seen any of the house episodes, he probably wanted to make sure his reasoning got across to the viewers because he's not sure what would make it through editing.

I agree that JD seems decent in his blog and had built himself up some in my mind in recent weeks... until he got cocky and skipped practice this week. It should be interesting if he has to defend himself for that during tonights episode.

LKH
    Haven't read the blogs yet, but wrt Mig's "going on" about giving up Bo Rhap -- remember, he's taken some criticism from the band for not fighting for the songs he wants. So now he's feeling a little vulnerable about having done it again. I don't blame him for trying to make sure his rationale is understood.

L

LKH, I don't disagree with you. What really surprised me tho, is that he didn't mention the street fair at all. Everyone else made it the center of their blogs, with some performance/song stuff around it. But from his blog, you wouldn't have known Mig was even there.

Please keep in mind that their blogs are most likely edited too.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

That would disappoint me. Veto power over the blogs is reasonable, but editing the way they edit a show feels wrong. I'm guessing that they are not as heavily edited as the shows are. But that some topics are taboo.

I'm sort of wondering if they wrote the current blogs, before or after performance. I get a good feeling from Suzie's, I hope she nails her song.

Just reading Marty's blog. He says he's

"honored to get to sing this song with a choir, the full band, a string section and an orchestra, crazy!"
    Huh? Is he high? I thought the two songs selected for choir accompaniament were Cant Always Get and Bohemian Rhap?

Am I wrong?
    Got some revelation
    Put into your hands
    Save you from your misery
    Like rain across the land
    Donít you see
    The colour of deception
    Turning your world around again
    -- A. Farris, M. Hutchence

LKH
    It doesn't bother me that the street performance was not the foremost thing on his mind. He has been doing stuff like that a lot of his musical life. So it's another day at the office. But this is a guy who left a very good gig to do this, so you know he really wants it. It's not surprising the competition is a huge focus. JD is very focused too, but unfortunately, his focus is on climbing over everyone else to get what he wants. Evidently he doesn't think he can earn it by actually doing a good job.

L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast