+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

MRD

8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of the VH-1 "house show" here until all time zones have had a chance to see it (if they want)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    My problem tonight is with Suzie. I cannot believe how she acted when she didn't get her original song to sing. She should have asked RIGHT at the moment of song selection to trade with Deanna who didn't want to write the song in the first place. But she waits until both Mig and Deanna have prepared and then its too late.

She needs to suck it up (weird flashback to The Amazing Race 7 and Ray) and learn her song and go on.

There is a lot of crying with this woman. As my dh paraphrased from "A League of Their Own": There is no crying in Rock Music!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    My problem tonight is with Suzie. I cannot believe how she acted when she didn't get her original song to sing. She should have asked RIGHT at the moment of song selection to trade with Deanna who didn't want to write the song in the first place. But she waits until both Mig and Deanna have prepared and then its too late.
    Need more explanation please. What are they having the contestants do?

Ah, they're having to write original songs, which will be featured in the performance show. They may collaborate the writing with other contestants if they'd like or do it completely solo.

My problem with the show is the continuity problem. They make it look as though Dave came and told them this after Jessica was eliminated, but Suzie and JD did the Star Lounge a week before that and when they got home "everyone was working on their songs." Trying to pull another fast one Mr. Burnett?

They also make it sound like all the rockers will be performing originals in the promo, when it should just be Deanna (singing Ty's song ), and MiG....
    Last edited by PurrpleCat; 08-22-2005 at 12:56 AM.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Regular
    Alright now I'm really confused . I guess I'll wait for the recap.

Awww. MiG is adorable. I love that he got to see his wife, instead of the "free phone call to London" as a reward for getting the last encore.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

I am so glad Simone got to see MiG before her show started in London
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    Contestants were told they would perform an original song Tuesday night. But this was just another Reality Show lie. After everyone worked on their songs it was revealed that only 2 would perform their songs and the others would select from the assigned songs. The producers were trying to stir up conflict and almost achieved their goal. Mig was ready to give up his spot to Suzie because she was pouting. Thank god Marty talked some sense into him.

Mig id such a wimp! INXS told him to fight for his songs but he's just incapable of doing it. If he gave up his song he would have lost the competition right there. Suzie looks bad for pouting about her predicament.

Deanna made a huge mistake letting Ty write her song. Ty, the main author of the smash hit "Stop! Go!", writes bubblegum music totally unsuited for INXS.

All in all, the producers made most of the contestants look bad tonight.

I would rather have a wimpy MiG. Quite frankly I like people who look out for others and don't necessarily put themselves first.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast