+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Awww. MiG is adorable. I love that he got to see his wife, instead of the "free phone call to London" as a reward for getting the last encore.
    I bet Jordis is pissed. She whined on her blog about not getting a visit from her family after her encore (though she did get to see her boyfriend).

Some possible spoilers below (might not have been shown in Sunday's show so I'm hiding it):
    Click to see Spoiler:

I saw some spoilers for the song selections and assuming they are correct Suzie's going to be in trouble yet again (though at this point that's sort of a given no matter what she sings) since that song won't allow her to show off her vocals and I doubt she has the stage presence to make it work otherwise so I can understand why she's being pouty. And boo to Marty for doing yet another angry, angst filled song

Quote Originally Posted by RCTV
    Deanna made a huge mistake letting Ty write her song. Ty, the main author of the smash hit "Stop! Go!", writes bubblegum music totally unsuited for INXS.
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. She should not have let Ty taken over like she did. His "Stop!Go!" song was a debacle. Hopefully, he wasn't too bubble gum on this song for Deanna's sake.

Didn't care for Suzie crying a river when she didn't get to pick her original song, and tried to make Mig and Deanna feel bad enough that they would trade picks with her. Good for Marty for helping Mig realize that he should do what is right for him this late in the competition.

No pressure for JD (on his songwriting skills) since he had previously showcased his original song.

MRD
    Suzie acted like a child tonight. I seriously thought I was watching my friends 8 year old daughter when she doesn't get her way. I'm glad Marty convinced Mig. He's a nice guy and everything, but hasn't he heard that saying "nice guys finish last" and that is probably what would have happended because as we know INXS "sees all and hears all" in that house.

Should be interesting on Tues. to see Deanna sing Go/Stop! (Hey, it IS a totally different song that Ty wrote for her because the other one was called Stop/Go!)

My prediction is Deanna is going home this week. I don't know who else will be in the bottom 3 with her, but I think she will be sent packing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

For the first time I didn't like Suzie last night.
    I thought she was pretty immature in the way she handled everything. I think Deanna will be in major trouble tomorrow. She puts too much faith in Ty.

FORT Fan
    I have a hard time with all this "fight for your song" stuff. I find it tough to believe that INXS really cares about seeing them fight for anything. It just seems like a producer created gimmick to bring conflict and selfishness to the show and it's one of the reasons I don't like more reality shows. It's something they seem to specialize in. As far as I'm concerned, Mig can give up his song or he can keep his song. It's completely up to him. Thanks

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    I have a hard time with all this "fight for your song" stuff. I find it tough to believe that INXS really cares about seeing them fight for anything. It just seems like a producer created gimmick to bring conflict and selfishness to the show and it's one of the reasons I don't like more reality shows. It's something they seem to specialize in. As far as I'm concerned, Mig can give up his song or he can keep his song. It's completely up to him. Thanks
    I hadn't really thought of it that way. I guess you're right, why would it make a difference. I suppose (stretching here) they might think it shows "artistic integrity" to stick with your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I hadn't really thought of it that way. I guess you're right, why would it make a difference. I suppose (stretching here) they might think it shows "artistic integrity" to stick with your choice?
    Or perhaps because they want to see whether each person knows their strengths well enough to choose the right songs for their voice. Will they fight for what they think works best for them or will they just take what is handed to them.... Imagine how much better MiG may have done if he had been able to do his first choice songs more often....
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Regular
    I don't think INXS cares whether or not they're fighting for songs, but they want people to get songs that challenge them. Mig kept giving up his first choice and settled for songs that were too safe/easy for him. They just want him to get a couple harder songs to show what he can do.

I think INXS cares greatly that they fight for songs.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I would rather have a wimpy MiG. Quite frankly I like people who look out for others and don't necessarily put themselves first.
    I'm with you on this one, JLuvs. If he loses out for being too kind, well, it just goes to show one more time that life isn't based on fairness. But I admire his integrity. At this point, I would go out of my way to see him perform.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast