+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results Question

Results Question

Since the performances are done on Sunday & shown on Tuesday, how do they show preliminary voting results? LAGuy or JLuvs, do you see this when you are in the audience or are they somehow edited in at a later time? I am technically inept & my enquiring mind wants to know!

i assume that it's just a quick tally during the 4 or 5 minutes from the last performer to when they go back on air. and with each additional airing, they can simply take the most updated results and show those.

brooke says "here are the results" but they're just added to the show while the show is still on.

you know -- technology type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    i assume that it's just a quick tally during the 4 or 5 minutes from the last performer to when they go back on air. and with each additional airing, they can simply take the most updated results and show those.

brooke says "here are the results" but they're just added to the show while the show is still on.

you know -- technology type stuff.
    I get that part, I guess, but results from where. Are these simply results from the live audience, & therefore very limited? Because, obviously they can't be live results from a previously taped show.

it's the results from the online and text messaging voters.
    that's why they're now letting us as soon as the last contestant is done.

I believe the first time it was done that LAGuy confirmed that it was the live audience vote.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    I believe the first time it was done that LAGuy confirmed that it was the live audience vote.
    Well, I can't confirm it (since I'm not part of the production), but it does make the most sense to me.

The Live Audience gets handed ballots and votes on the way out of the studio. I suspect that these are the results that are used at the end of the show. Otherwise, they're somehow taking a minute or two of online voting and patching the visual in to the broadcast. Even if the technology exists to do that, it seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through, when the Live Audience vote would serve the hype factor just as well. (And what would they do if the servers crashed or they had some other technical problems? It just sounds too risky and needlessly complicated to me...)

Also, West Coast viewers are getting the same "Bottom 3" as the East Coast, so no matter what the source of the votes is, they're only doing it once.

I have another idea....all the tape could be shot prior, including that with Brooke. She doesn't say the names of the bottom three in the broadcast, so it is entirely possible that the text on the screen is entered live and broadcast live. It's pretty easy to super-impose such things on pre-recorded video.

Quote Originally Posted by narcisse
    I have another idea....all the tape could be shot prior, including that with Brooke. She doesn't say the names of the bottom three in the broadcast, so it is entirely possible that the text on the screen is entered live and broadcast live. It's pretty easy to super-impose such things on pre-recorded video.

yes, that's what i believe it is. they most likely include the audience results in that tally, but why else make such a big deal about telling the viewers they can vote once the last performer goes and see how the voting is going before the end of the show? jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    yes, that's what i believe it is. they most likely include the audience results in that tally, but why else make such a big deal about telling the viewers they can vote once the last performer goes and see how the voting is going before the end of the show? jmo.
    I think for the US it is just the audience vote, but I think that as they move around the world they include the US vote. I don't suppose there is anyone in Hawaii or Australia that can confirm a different vote shown at the end? If there isn't one then it is just the audience vote.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Fan
    When does the show air in Canada, Hawaii, and Australia, since these votes are supposedly included? Is there any change in the bottom three from US to Australia?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast