+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Star: INXS 8/16/05 Recap – Elvish Pianists and Lethal Spears

Mantenna, I think I dug your recap as much as the actual show- I don't know what you do for a living, but if it doesn't involve writing, you may have missed your true calling! Thanks for a recap that gave a great visual- I watched it, but reading your take on the events, I felt like I was there.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Elvish Pianists and Lethal Spears

Let’s hope the cellist doesn’t have a coronary with these kids’ crazy noise they’re calling “music.” On the plus side, this is all a much more logical idea than Mariah Carey, Unplugged.

First off, perhaps in honor of the acoustic week, Jessica is more clothed than ever, and I have to say her voice is sounding much better as well. Could there be a correlation?

For those of you taking notes at home, you see that, despite popular belief, “stripped down” has multiple connotations.

Taking a cue from Marty’s solo guitar performance, Ty has chosen to show us his virtuosity on another instrument . . . the tambourine! Hey! Mr. Tambourine man, play a Rod Stewart song for me.......... I hope next week he shows us his chops on the triangle.

and then opens his mouth to reveal . . . a furled, folded horror! I don’t want to describe it too vividly, lest you read it and die.

Bubblegum was entering the fray. Egads! There was panic, screaming, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together—mass hysteria.

He’s verging on downright embarrassing, actually . . . I shouldn’t be enjoying another guy singing Peter Frampton this much. As a plus, not only are MiG’s vocals pristine, but his piano-playing sounds very accomplished, as well.

Manny - you . Extra points for throwing in the word ubiquitous
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12