+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/14 Show Discussion **Not Really Spoilers By Now!**

8/14 Show Discussion **Not Really Spoilers By Now!**

Okay, guys, I don't know how a discussion thread wasn't started today, but I apologize for it.

However, if you watched the show and have thoughts, let's chat about it, shall we?

MRD
    I was a fan of JD, then I wasn't and now I feel sorry for him. What his "teammates" did to him last night was dispicable. Send him away and we will work on OUR song and he won't be able to have any input. In my opinion it wasn't that JD can't play with others. It was the others that can't play with him. They acted snotty and elite and clique-ish and he still ended up with the better song. Seems that if they had not sent him away but collaborated with him and worked TOGETHER, they would have dined with INXS AND had a great song to contribute. Then the teeny bopper group (what an awful song. I think I know why they gave the Brittany Spears song to Marty. It was punishment for not getting his group to work better together. They probably wanted to give him Stop Go) could have stayed home and figured out they were supposed to write rock songs and not songs for PBS Children's shows.

Well even not liking JD much at this point, he got the raw deal and I saw a side of Jordis I wasn't too thrilled with either. Girl can sing, but girl is also a tad stuck up. I felt she and Marty thought they were the only ones with ANY song writing talent and they tolerated the other 2. Then were shown up when their outcast blew their song away.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog

Well even not liking JD much at this point, he got the raw deal and I saw a side of Jordis I wasn't too thrilled with either. Girl can sing, but girl is also a tad stuck up.
    Considering she couldn't even win STAR SEARCH, you'd think she would know better!

FORT Fogey
    I think I'm talking about the right episode....

I was excited to see Jordis sing, but it was disappointing. She cracked on one of the higher notes.

I think that in this episode Dave sent JD mixed messages. I would say that the group writing effort was a smash for one team and bust for the other. But I would lay the blame on Marty, Jordis, JD in equal measures. JD is just as guilty of having his idea and not wanting to give it up as Jordis was. He does not take critism well at all. And Jordis (isn't she something like 19?) and Marty did exclude him, but JD had one foot out the door already. Jessica, was Jessica even there?

What really bugged me tho, was Dave saying, we're not here to judge which song was better (a polite way of saying you win, but your song sucks) and then asking to hear JD's and saying it was the best of the bunch. It was just wrong. It's like saying "hey, you need to be a team player, but what the heck you're just great as is. Change, but we love you.

If they want JD to learn to be more of a team player, they need to steer him in that direction and stop with the mixed messages. I don't see JD winning this thing and I think it part that the band is responsible.

With team Stop/Go, I like how they interacted with each other. They all seemed involved and did look like they were having fun. Even if they had lost, they still would have had a good time with the experience and wouldn't have been JUST losers which is what the other team ended up being.

I like that the band is picking the songs this week, should make for a interesting show. LOL.

And go Susie! She is fast becoming my favorite.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs

What really bugged me tho, was Dave saying, we're not here to judge which song was better (a polite way of saying you win, but your song sucks) and then asking to hear JD's and saying it was the best of the bunch. It was just wrong. It's like saying "hey, you need to be a team player, but what the heck you're just great as is. Change, but we love you.
    ITA.

I also think Ty got robbed. Others have gotten a visit from a loved one for the encore. All he got was to pick the first person - which ended up not even being on his team? Big let-down.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    And Jordis (isn't she something like 19?)
    i think it was her 23rd birthday that she celebrated last week. still the youngest in the house though.

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    I also think Ty got robbed. Others have gotten a visit from a loved one for the encore. All he got was to pick the first person - which ended up not even being on his team? Big let-down.
    well, when jd won the encore with "california dreaming" he didn't get anything at all.

i wish they could make the house show an hour long episode!! i'd be really interested in seeing more of the clinics, the song selection and rehearsal as well as some of the interaction in the house.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Marty pulled a classic Apprentice move. These guys really watch too much of Burnett's shows. JD is in Survivor: INXS, and Marty just made it The Apprentice: INXS.

I think it was more important for Marty to keep peace, and unfortunately, JDiva couldn't just go along with it. With two divas on one squad, you just have to pick a side and roll with it. What did people expect Marty to do, bitchslap JD into submission?
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

giz
    I was wondering about that (still haven't seen the show, 1 1/2 hours to go). Wondered if it was a compromise situation, where he just wanted peace and quiet and that was the easiest way to get it. ???

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I was wondering about that (still haven't seen the show, 1 1/2 hours to go). Wondered if it was a compromise situation, where he just wanted peace and quiet and that was the easiest way to get it. ???
    After you watch the show I'd love to get your opinion on this very question. I think Marty just wanted to make Jordis happy. Jordis said "we just need to pick a direction and go with it" and I thought "well, JD has a direction, what makes yours better?" From what I can tell, she thinks vague is better than story. Thank god for Stan Ridgway; she could learn something from him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast