+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadians.... we Rock but we're getting rebuffed!

I don't seem to have any problems voting on the MSN site. I've voted for J.D. and Susie many, many times...(just don't really like Deanna)...I'm in the interior of B.C. and we don't get CH here. Our Global channel (channel 6) doesn't show it, just the CBS feed. So, I don't get to enjoy the mansion show...I wish they had simply played with the timing a bit. It seems they have nothing but re-runs on anyway, so why not move the half-hour mansion show to right before the Tuesday night concert? Who cares if we miss one repeat of King of Queens or Two and a Half Men, for pity's sake? Moving it to a completely different channel without playing with things first really sucks.

You're so right about Canadians loving good quality reality tv. I think Survivor and the Amazing Race get super high ratings in Canada. You'd think they would have thought this through before moving the show.

Oh well, as long as I get my fix of J.D. on Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm ok. Now if I could only figure out how to get the performance videos to work for me...I'm on a mac, I have windows media, and it still says it's a bad command or something like that. Blech. At least I can vote, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I wish they had simply played with the timing a bit. It seems they have nothing but re-runs on anyway, so why not move the half-hour mansion show to right before the Tuesday night concert? Who cares if we miss one repeat of King of Queens or Two and a Half Men, for pity's sake? Moving it to a completely different channel without playing with things first really sucks.
    This is so true...is it going to kill their audience to show them something new, rather than a stale old rerun? Its ridiculous!
    I think Survivor and the Amazing Race get super high ratings in Canada.
    And you are right...these shows do great here!
    meh...

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    I have had no problem voting here.... hrmm..... have you tried voting on another computer?

Rockstar: INXS IS doing well here, it's talked about on the radio and everyone is following it.

I hooked my best friend on it and she called me the first night she watched it and was freaking out "OH MY GOD!!! THAT'S TARA FROM JOYDROP!!!" I think it's cool that we have some AMAZING talent here in Canada and that they are rocking this competition.

I am so very frustrated that I can't download the tracks. I am going on a super-long road trip soon and I need the tracks to keep me company!!! HELP!

Anybody else find it shameful how Global pimps the canadian contestants?

Vote for your favourite CANADIAN! ...over and over again.

I'm proud to be Canadian and happy they gave us the chance to vote. What would people say if CBS said vote for your favorite American? I say vote for who deserves it, no matter where they come from.

A proud Canadian voting for Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    Anybody else find it shameful how Global pimps the canadian contestants?
    I don't find it shameful at all. Reality TV is, by and large, an American dominated product. It's rare to find a Canadian contestant unless it's Canadian Idol. I think Global just wants to garner viewers: "Hey, lookee here - a U.S. show with Canuck contestants! Everybody tune in!"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12