+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie
    I think at some point pretty soon they should have the contenders do INXS songs. Because I was thinking that even though Jessica usually tanks her 'other artist' songs, she nails the INXS performance, conversely, what if the people that consitently nail the 'other artist' performance can't do the INXS songs?

It's just a guess, but I think at some point they will start doing that. Also, I would like to see them at some point assign songs. I think it is great they let them pick songs to see what they would gravitate to, but in the later stages I think they should pick them for the participants to fill in the questions they have about specific people.

But from a mechanics point of view it should be noted that the outline for these shows is pretty much set in stone from the begining due to game show regulations.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    IDid anyone else notice JD and Brandon when JD was told he could sit back down? JD ... turned to shake Brandon's hand... which Brandon completely brushed off with a "get the ____ out of my face" look. Looks like he is still rubbing people the wrong way.
    FWIW, here's a report from a friend of mine who was at the elimination show taping yesterday.

"Brief but lovely memory from today's taping. JD pulling Brandon into an extended hoyay manhug after Brandon came over to say goodbye. JD whispered into dude's ear for like 60 seconds -- programming Brandon to go out and spread the religion? Who knows? But it was quite touching."

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    When the winner is finally announced & the album & tour starts it will be to perform INXS songs. Not Nirvana, not Free, not Bob Marley, INXS. This is where Jessica continues to excel & save herself week after week. I don't see her winning but maybe our band INXS sees something in her? And I don't think it is fair to cast aspersions of her doing the band to stay alive.
    mmhmm. She might do INXS well, but as she isn't a favourite with the television audience, they won't pick her. They aren't going to pick someone who people do not respond favourably too (sadly this might include Suzie too).

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    FWIW, here's a report from a friend of mine who was at the elimination show taping yesterday.

"Brief but lovely memory from today's taping. JD pulling Brandon into an extended hoyay manhug after Brandon came over to say goodbye. JD whispered into dude's ear for like 60 seconds -- programming Brandon to go out and spread the religion? Who knows? But it was quite touching."
    I want to marry you, LAGuy. I can't tell you how awesome it is to have someone on the board that can squash speculation rumors.

To me, this is JUST a show...ONLY a show...and it is so FUN to speculate and talk! I love hating who I hate and liking who I like and if you disagree or not, good for you!

I finally have hubby "into" the show. He likes Marty. The big question is, "Who WILL win?" and "Are there any more surprises waiting in the wings?"
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I still think it's going to be either Marty or MiG. One bad performance from either one will decide it because both of them has been pretty consistent. I'm surprised that Jordis and Deanna has not seen the bottom 3, more so with Deanna because it looks like that Jordis has many fans and might actually take 3rd place over JD. Who were in the bottom 5 when they announced who was losing right at the end of the show the other night?

I still think Marty should have been given the encore last night. So I guess they don't ask for encores every week since only Marty, Jordis, JD, and Ty were the only ones asked so far and it has been more than 4 weeks.

Darn editing!!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm not interested in marrying you, LAGuy, but as a J.D. backer, I do like the way you're able counteract some of the impressions that the evil Burnett implies
    meh...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    I'm not interested in marrying you, LAGuy, but as a J.D. backer, I do like the way you're able counteract some of the impressions that the evil Burnett implies
    Come on, LAGuy is sexy.

+ Reply to Thread