+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular
    Did anyone else notice JD and Brandon when JD was told he could sit back down? JD, with a big smile on his face, bowed, blew kisses, and waved to the crowd (in front of the contestants that had just been told they were in the bottom 3), then turned to shake Brandon's hand... which Brandon completely brushed off with a "get the ____ out of my face" look. Looks like he is still rubbing people the wrong way.

I agree with the elimination. They got rid of the nasally singer who I couldn't understand a single word out of his mouth during the song last night. Jessica does INXS well and whoever wins will be singing about 90% old INXS songs. Even the new stuff will be INXS's sound, not the winner's. Remember, at the start of the first episode they said INXS wouldn't be around the mansion much because they'd be in the studio recording the new ablum that the winner would lay the vocal tracks on.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    The hair was the biggest issue with me also. It actually looked half way decent last week on the elimination show. He had it sort of slicked back.
    That hair was truly awful. Somebody needed to tell him that Neil Young could get away with it--barely--because he is....Neil Young. Brandon isn't in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    Did anyone else notice JD and Brandon when JD was told he could sit back down? JD, with a big smile on his face, bowed, blew kisses, and waved to the crowd (in front of the contestants that had just been told they were in the bottom 3), then turned to shake Brandon's hand... which Brandon completely brushed off with a "get the ____ out of my face" look. Looks like he is still rubbing people the wrong way.

I agree with the elimination. They got rid of the nasally singer who I couldn't understand a single word out of his mouth during the song last night. Jessica does INXS well and whoever wins will be singing about 90% old INXS songs. Even the new stuff will be INXS's sound, not the winner's. Remember, at the start of the first episode they said INXS wouldn't be around the mansion much because they'd be in the studio recording the new ablum that the winner would lay the vocal tracks on.
    I also noticed at one point JD turned around to look in the camera while everyone else was turned toward INXS. I really think JD is a moron.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    What happens if Jessica and Deanna nail next week's performances?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    Yeah I think you are right. I didn't notice it the first time I watched it but Brandon swung his arm up as if to brush off J.D.'s gesture of putting his hand on Brandon's back as Brandon went down to the stage after hugging Suzie.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy
    Jessica's the Nikki McKibbin of RS:I -- perpetually in the bottom of the voting but managing to hang on for another week.
    But the difference between RS:I and AI is that INXS still has the ultimate say in who goes home, whereas AI has to stick with what the people decided.

If Jessica did INXS songs badly, she would have been gone a long time ago. But she has done very well with the INXS tracks.

That's another difference between RS:I and AI. With AI, your standing has everything to do with how you sang the previous episode or over the last few episodes. With RS:I, it really has everything to do with who can sing INXS songs the best.

Ty has already said that he isn't too big a fan of INXS. Well, if he appears in the bottom three a couple of times and screws up the INXS songs, he'll be booted regardless of how many Wednesday encores he has done in the past.

When someone wins AI, there future has no bearing on the success of AI, the show (Justin's lack of career has proven that). When someone wins RS:I, that person's future will have a direct relationship to the band, so they are looking for someone who will be best for their future.

Jessica will stick around if she continues to nail (no pun intended) INXS songs.

Adam

I honestly think it should be either Marty or Mig
    I love Ty too but just don't see him as a fit for INXS
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

Now that we're getting to the cream of the crop, so to speak, there's going to be two great contenders in all future bottom threes. Neither Suzie nor Deanna deserved to be in the bottom three, but someone's gotta round it out.

It's looking good for Marty. I got the feeling last night that INXS was telling Marty that they would have given him the encore but since he's already done one, they were giving it to Ty. Of course, it could be just me, since I've been a huge Marty fan from the beginning while Ty has always left me cold. (He left me cold again last night...nowhere near as good as Tuesday's performance and he was posturing again.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    That hair was truly awful. Somebody needed to tell him that Neil Young could get away with it--barely--because he is....Neil Young. Brandon isn't in that league.

I totally agree with you AJane about Ty last night. Tuesday's show was a revelation, he can be great. Then Wednesday, fake emotion, no smiling, bleh.
    Last edited by giz; 08-11-2005 at 12:40 PM.

When the winner is finally announced & the album & tour starts it will be to perform INXS songs. Not Nirvana, not Free, not Bob Marley, INXS. This is where Jessica continues to excel & save herself week after week. I don't see her winning but maybe our band INXS sees something in her? And I don't think it is fair to cast aspersions of her doing the band to stay alive.

+ Reply to Thread