+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Jessica is only hanging on because she's good with the pop sound. Period. INXS being more of a pop-rock band, her **personality** is more suited for pop. That's why she excels with INXS's songs but not the other, more torchy sounds or grunge rock.

Jessica would be a contender for American Idol if she was a true amateur, but she's not, so she can't win either way.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew
    I am not surprised he is gone, I never saw the appeal of him. His vocals always sounded bad to me.

ok this is off topic but does anyone else think Marty looks like Davis St Hubins?

He kind of looks like a cross between Tom Petty and David Bowie - hey, but that's just me!!

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    .............I fear my fav, Marty is not POPpy enough for INXS...........
    Maybe he could be though, we haven't really seen him try that. The band seems to really like him, they seem to connect with him as a person. Their comments seem considered with Marty, not tossed off. I think he's a strong contender and peg him for no. 1 or 2.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Dave Navarro is a tool.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Sadly, I feel that Brandon only got the ax because he forgot the words to the song. I thought that his performance was better than Jessica's, vocally, but she didn't flub the song. While I don't think that he's right for OB: INXS, I want Jessica gone. What the Hell was up with the world puttting Suzie in the bottom 3?
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Maybe he could be though, we haven't really seen him try that. The band seems to really like him, they seem to connect with him as a person. Their comments seem considered with Marty, not tossed off. I think he's a strong contender and peg him for no. 1 or 2.
    absolutely. It is between him and MiG. The Killers and Franz Ferdinand songs helped Marty show diversity between what he did with the other songs (I didn't see the Creed cover).

I forgot this was on tonight. I got wrapped up in the Peter Jennings special. (Even though it was great )
    I have to agree about Marty being one of the top contenders.

Gah....I so did not want to have hear Jessica sing again on Sunday
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'm watching the videos on the site, and I have to say.... I love me some Marty.

Go Marty!

MiG has the look, but Marty has the personality and the flexibility... Ty is awesome but I don't know if he really fits INXS' style. I don't know.

I will peg Marty to win, unless he flubs it somewhere along the way.

FORT Fanatic
    I was hoping they would eliminate both Brandon and Jessica. Brandon is SUCH a schmuck, it is absolutely painful to watch him interact with people. Jessica has a pretty good voice, but she just doesn't bring enough energy to the party most of the time. (An exception was the Violent Femmes song. She deserves to hang around for one more week than Brandon on that performance alone.) Suzie was excellent tonight...the best we've from her, I think. I'd like to see Deanna and JD leave before she does.

Ty is fabulous. Probably too good for INXS.

+ Reply to Thread