+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Deanna brought it IMO.

Deanna didn't maul the Doobies. Good for her.

That may be even more of a classic than Layla, IMO.

And Deanna really really looked good too. Dave Horndog was right. She looked like a million bucks.

It wasn't the best peformance of the night, but it was pretty decent. She played the audience a lot--which can backfire--but it didn't. She DID oversing a bit, but not a lot.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

TEASER:

Unfortunately, you guys aren't even seeing The Best Performance of the Evening. But you'll have to wait until I post my Live Performance Report to know what I'm talking about...

Deanna Long Train Running

Dave: You look amazing, great band interaction and chemistry. Great audience participation, vocals were spot on...amazing performance. Next week, do something completely different.

INXS: You are a great rock singer but you tend to oversing things a little bit. You rocked the house. Want to hear you do something without belting it out. (INXS is now thinking about an acoustic week next week thanks to Marty's decision this evening)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Marsharia to the FORT
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    TEASER:

Unfortunately, you guys aren't even seeing The Best Performance of the Evening. But you'll have to wait until I post my Live Performance Report to know what I'm talking about...
    What? Did you see what Brooke had under that napkin skirt?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Evidently I am hearing something different than the judges because I thought Marty was brutal. Acoustic or not there was nothing in that performance for me that stood out as being above the fray. Deanna on the other hand showed a great rock/blues vocal. I liked her a lot & would say so far she is the best of the night.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    TEASER:

AAAggghhh......it kills me when you do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok..the key word in your statement is we "aren't" seeing the best performance not we "haven't" seen the best performance of the evening...must be something that happened off camera??? Am I reading more into your statement???!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Does JD appear a little nervous when they were bragging on Marty????
    J.D. looks nervous every time anybody gets a compliment.

TEASER:

Is this something we've yet to see, or something we're unlikely to see?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Deanna's stage presence reminds me of Janis Joplin....I really like her and her voice...she can dance around that stage and never sound out of breath!!!
    She was TOTALLY doing Janis. That little vocal riff in "Ball and Chain" before she goes into her rap. Deanna is not going to win this but I am so buying her CD.

Marty is perfect, as usual. I thought his vocals were better than usual. Good move going unplugged...anything else would have been pure karaoke.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread