+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Brandon It's All Over Now

Dave: Every time you do a song with a southern/bluesy vibe you excel. I'd love to see you excel at something else. Great job dude.

INXS: Stones + Brandon does not equal INXS. Let's see what we can do to get Brandon back in this party. You're good at what you do but our music is diverse and I don't see how this fits in with us.

The guys from INXS summed up the same things I was thinking....good performance, but for this show's final outcome I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The oldies are kind of being mistreated tonight, aren't they Unk? I wasn't impressed with the Stones song either. Maybe I'm just PMSing.
    I agree with you, but I'm not PMSing.
    Brandon blew too, IMO.

Man, Jordis sucked. That poor song. She took two giant steps backward from last week.

I liked Brandon tonight. I think INXS just sounded the death knell for him, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Jessica, JD and Brandon...how about a triple elimination this week?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Layla, great song...but not by her.
    I agree...not her best..and did you see-she almost dropped the microphone during part of her performance!!! She really is a strikingly gorgeous girl tho!

Brandon-well, being a Southern rocker lover myself...I liked this performance...he looked comfortable and like he enjoyed himself. Is in INXS material? Nah..but neither is some of the other performers.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

For the first time ever I thought my favorite, Jordis, wasn't at her best. Now that isn't a terribly tough song vocally & she missed it. It is a love song that was written for another man's wife & it should be sung with some angst. It just wasn't there & there you see the problem with a 23 yr.old trying to interpret these classic rock songs. Brandon, I am kind of at a loss. I like him, I don't like him. And on & on it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    Jessica, JD and Brandon...how about a triple elimination this week ?
    Not JD, I enjoy him too much. But Jessica and Brandon...yeah.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hee. I like a show with both Data and a little person in it at the same time. That show sounds like it will rock.

Speaking of rocking, doesn't the concern about being a bit too narrow apply to Marty as well as Brandon? I mean Marty is BETTER than Brandon, but still...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

so far Marty sounds a bit "INXS" to me. Well, the beginning anyway. Not so sure now.

Must be age showing here, but I have no idea who/what this song is...and I don't care for it at all.

+ Reply to Thread