+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    I'm not sure I understood Dave's advice to J.D. about fighting for the song he wants next time. What difference does it make? Isn't what's important how well he performs whatever song he does?
    Dave said that to MiG, not J.D.

MiG has been doing the same type of song each week (The Kinks, Queen, Free) and Dave and Our Band INXS want him to move out of his "comfort zone" of Brit Rock. In response, MiG claimed that he has wanted to do different types of songs, but hasn't fought for them. So when Dave told him that he should fight for the song he wants next time, he was also basically telling MiG that he won't be buying that excuse anymore.

FORT Fan
    I'm sure Dave made the same comment to J.D. after he sang Crazy. I didn't get to watch the whole show so I didin't even get to see Mig perform last night. Thanks

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adamperk
    I'm not a big fan of Ty, but I would buy a "No Woman, No Cry" single if he puy it out.

Actually the songs are available for download at the rockstar site. $.99 each.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    The vibe also got a little ugly this week. A group of aging frat guys
    Scott and Jase were at the show? (J/K)

Thanks for the recap and insight LAGuy!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Marty kind of gives me the creeps a little bit. Im just not as infatuated with him as others seem to be.
    Jordis was way off last night.
    I think Jessica or Brandon will get the boot ( how many weeks are we saying this now).
    Suzie was great as usual.

I'm far from a prude but Navaro's comment to Brooke about her skirt was just so lame.

Favorites overall; Jordis, Mig and Suzie.

I've liked Marty from the very beginning. He's had some awesome performances. Too bad we couldn't see the warm-up he did last night! I am also very impressed by how kind Marty is to the other rockers. I think he has a level of maturity that will serve him really well.

MiG is my other favorite. I agree with the band, though, that his songs are all very similar. I'd like to see MiG do an awesome performance next week.

Suzie is my favorite female rocker. I thought her performance of "Never Tear Us Apart" several weeks ago in the Results show was fantastic. I love her voice. I think she has really improved her style. I would like to hear her sing some INXS songs before totally ruling her out.

I am not a fan of Jordis or Ty, although I thought that Jordis' "The Man Who Stole the World" was amazing and I adored Ty's "No Woman, No Cry" last night. I think Jordis would be better off with a solo career; I don't think her soulfulness is right for INXS. Same for Ty; I see him more as a soloist or as a theatrical performer.

giz
    That was kind of a wierd episode in that Jordis just stunk up the place (it was amatuerish in the extreme, and weak), and Brandon was kind of okay. He kind of give me the creeps (as someone else said about Marty), and he just gives such an American vibe, I don't think he'd be right for our band, INXS. I think it was LAGuy (thanks so much for the reportage, it really helps) who said Jessica thinks she is this hard girl ,but it just seems wrong somehow.

I enjoyed watching Marty, as always. There's just something about him. I didn't like the song that much though, and would enjoy seeing him do something while looking loving or gentle or something. Mix it up a bit. The band seems to really like him, and that's the important thing. I think he gets the best overall comments. Ty was really good, and I think Dave hit the nail on the head when he said Ty was expressing emotion rather than portraying it. It was also nice to see Ty smiling. He's got a great smile and should break it out more often . Wasn't totally crazy about J.D.'s performance, pretty good, but he's done better. Thought it was funny of him to choose Crazy, given, well you know. I like REM's arrangement of their song too much to totally get behind Suzie's (J.D.'s) version, but she was pretty good. I love Deanna's voice, and don't think she oversings. For the right material she is amazing. Think Ty will get the encore, though Marty is a strong contender (as the band seemed wild about it).

p.s. Jordis come back, we miss what you can really do!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    That was kind of a wierd episode in that Jordis just stunk up the place (it was amatuerish in the extreme, and weak), and Brandon was kind of okay. He kind of give me the creeps (as someone else said about Marty), and he just gives such an American vibe, I don't think he'd be right for our band, INXS. I think it was LAGuy (thanks so much for the reportage, it really helps) who said Jessica thinks she is this hard girl ,but it just seems wrong somehow.

I enjoyed watching Marty, as always. There's just something about him. I didn't like the song that much though, and would enjoy seeing him do something while looking loving or gentle or something. Mix it up a bit. The band seems to really like him, and that's the important thing. I think he gets the best overall comments. Ty was really good, and I think Dave hit the nail on the head when he said Ty was expressing emotion rather than portraying it. It was also nice to see Ty smiling. He's got a great smile and should break it out more often . Wasn't totally crazy about J.D.'s performance, pretty good, but he's done better. Thought it was funny of him to choose Crazy, given, well you know. I like REM's arrangement of their song too much to totally get behind Suzie's (J.D.'s) version, but she was pretty good. I love Deanna's voice, and don't think she oversings. For the right material she is amazing. Think Ty will get the encore, though Marty is a strong contender (as the band seemed wild about it).

p.s. Jordis come back, we miss what you can really do!
    I thought Deanna was more worried aout her dance moves than singing last night.
    Marty reminds me of a young Joe Walsh, to me he just looks stoned,lol.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I just wrote in this huge, honkin' post about last night's show. I was all logged in, as far as I can see, and at some point, I lost my connection or something and now it's all gone. All gone!

Here's the short version: (probably all you need anyway)

Was distracted during the entire show, because i was initiating a newbie to our show. I wish I had taped it, there are a number I'd like to re-watch.

Longer versions of songs: good. Longer and more frequent clip shows: not so good. Save that time for critiques of the performances that are chopped to pieces. Thanks, LA Guy.

Would have loved to see Marty's warm up performance.

Great, Knock-em Dead, This is why we're here folks!:
    Suzie, Marty, Ty, Mig

Loved Suzie's version. Itty-bitty credit to JD, but not as much as you'd think. She thought to rearrange the song. She thought to do part of it acappella. The band may have gotten her the rest of the way there to the awesome performance of last night. JerkyDude had little to do with it.

Marty: Mr.Brightside is my favorite song on the radio. I listen to the radio rarely, but when I turn it on, it's to try to find this song. He sang it just like the original, but stripped it down to one guitar only. Awesome!

Ty: Couldn't help but be good. Take a great song, add a performer with a great voice who happens to love said song, have a great band play it before a huge crowd at the end of a "concert", have performer tone down their usual theatrics, and what else could possibly result? He'll probably get the encore, but I think it should be Suzie or Marty.

Mig: Loved it, as usual. I'd like to see him step out, too. There's weeks of competition left Dave, hold your horses.

Fair-to-Middlin' Crew:
    Brandon and Deanna.

Both had really good performances. Both are just not right for OB:INXS.

Make it Stop, I hate these people, I want a refund!
    JD and Jessica

Both had bad performances. Standard for them. Both are definitely not right for OB:INXS.

JORDIS: The Designer Impostor Eau de Toilette
    The only possible explanation was that something FreakyFriday happened when she blew out her birthday candles. Probably JD was wishing she could do wrong.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 08-10-2005 at 04:40 PM.
    Could does not mean should

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    Longer versions of songs: good. Longer and more frequent clip shows: not so good. Save that time for critiques of the performances that are chopped to pieces. Thanks, LA Guy.

JORDIS: The Designer Impostor Eau de Toilette
    The only possible explanation was that something FreakyFriday happened when she blew out her birthday candles. Probably JD was wishing she could do wrong.

Boy, you got that one right about the clips. Dull, dull dull. Who cares. Bring on more critiquing.

YOu must be right about Jordis, that was freaking mysterious. A sort of audio trick of the light. Blah, it's still giving me (the wrong kind of) shivers when I think of what happened to that poor innocent song.

+ Reply to Thread