+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beefy
    2. I don't care for J.D., and not just because of his cocky attitude either.
    Granted, he has a powerful voice, but to me he sounds a little too "Elvis-like" (for lack of a better description) most of the time.
    That's actually a perfect description since he was an Elvis impersonator.

FORT Regular
    Wow, I didn't know that he was actually an impersonator....his "Elvis-ness" is really starting to annoy me though.

Maybe he can hook up with INXS and they could do their songs reggae style, a la Dread Zeppelin.....

FORT Regular
    JD- Once again, unless he hacks up a song to fit his voice, he can't sing it. I don't think INXS will want him changing any of their hits.

Jordis- I think she started an octave higher than she meant to and had to sing the entire song that way. It wasn't *horrible* but it definitely wasn't great.

Marty- For those of you who have never heard it and think his rendition sounded monotone, that's what the original sounds like. The original also sounds like they're singing into a can as well. Not my favorite song in the world, but he did well (I don't usually like Marty either).

Jessica- Tried to sound waaaaay too much like Cobain.

I'm torn on who should go... Jessica is the easy target, but she'll give them plenty more future oportunities to boot her. I think JD should go. He should have gone for WATC, but some how avoided the bottom 3 that week. He messed up again this week and INXS should pounce on it if given the chance.

After watching the performances, I am glad my daughter sprained her ankle the other day so now I have to stay home w/her! I had tickets to go to Wed. taping, but I really don't wanna see Jessica sing anymore - so I guess it all worked out...although I don't like seeing my lil chickie in pain .
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Not feelin' Jordis' look.

I hate to say it... this is not a very good rendition of the song either. Hard to imagine that this woman I'm watching is one of my favorites.
    I have to agree it seems as though Jordis is channeling Stevie Nicks or something with the continual black outfits.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Thanks for the insight recap, LAGuy. I find myself looking for your posts in this forum. You rock!!!

FORT Regular
    I'm really starting to think that Rock Star: INXS is just a test-run for the bigger show that will follow: Rock Star: Nirvana. It is getting ridiculous to have a Nirvana song performed each week. I'm surprised they haven't picked "Rape Me" yet!

Did the producers not hear when Dave said in the very first episode that Nirvana was a sacred band and that it would be tough having the contestants sing Nirvana songs?

I'm not a big fan of Ty, but I would buy a "No Woman, No Cry" single if he puy it out. I'm warming up to Marty, since he hasn't been such a manic performer lately. J.D. still sucks--he has a tone to his voice that really annoys me. Deanna was great and I actually voted for her, because she'll probably need the votes more than the folks who performed well last night.

If Jessica doesn't go tonight, I will be shocked.

Adam

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beefy
    5. Geezus....how much more ridiculous can Brooke's revealing outfits get?
    I predict that next week, Brooke will be wearing nothing but a G-string and pasties.
    What really bugged me, was that she had to draw attention to herself by mentioning her outfit to Dave--as if she hadn't already drawn attention to herself! GET OVER YOURSELF, GIRLFRIEND!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    LIVE PERFORMANCE REPORT

Marty was just absolutely f-ing incredible!!! Words really canít do it justice. Since heís one of the favorites anyway, people were attentive & appreciative to start. But by the end of the song, the crowd was going NUTS! Women wept, grown men trembled, aging frat boys probably passed out, and even my goosebumps had goosebumps (TM Garry). It was one of the best performances Iíve seen in the 4 weeks Iíve been going to the tapings. I would gladly PAY to see that caliber of performance. As soon as he was done, I thought, [i]ďI donít need to see anyone else.
    THANKS SO MUCH, LAGuy!!! Your commentary ROCKS!!!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Fan
    I'm not sure I understood Dave's advice to J.D. about fighting for the song he wants next time. What difference does it make? Isn't what's important how well he performs whatever song he does? It sounds to me like Dave was encouraging more reality show drama from J.D. rather than giving advice that will really help the band make its final decision.

Also, did Jordis not understand that Layla isn't a happy song? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread