+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsharia
    that was the best brandon has sounded. not really inxs but that was still a hell of a show.

jordis, not so much, but there is no way she is landing in the bottom three.

jessica, cya.

jd, not bad, a little pitchy, but i want him to win anyway. i believe that inxs was probably his favorite band when he was 17, and lord knows that's the one that sticks with you. that's the one you make your wife in the car listen to even though you she hates it

suzie, kick ass, i won't be suprised if she lands in the bottom three, i can't see her pulling that many votes.

marty....oh my god that was awesome.

mig.....the best vanilla rocker ever

Marsharia. Welcome to the board. This post rocks! I totally agree with every word.

So Brooke forgot her pants, eh. Ugh.

Not sure if I like Suzie's goth version of Losing My Religion. ETA: I guess the judges did, though.

Despite hating "All Right Now," I still love Mig.
    Last edited by jasmar; 08-10-2005 at 01:04 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Well, tonight was the first night that I actually thought enough about certain performances to vote for them more than once (okay, I actually voted for Jordis more than once last week, but she was the only one I did that for).

My top 3:

1. Ty - An amazing rendition of No Woman No Cry. I predict this will be the encore tomorrow.

2. Marty - Acoustic Mr. Brightside. Awesome. He's the one singer who can sell the emotion of a song, even if he doesn't quite get the notes.

3. Suzy - She made Losing My Religion her own, and actually sounded like a rocker. That's saying alot, because it's much more of a pop song, and she generally is more of a pop singer.

Middle 3:

MiG - All Right Now, not a challenge for him, as Late 1960's - early 1970's brit rock songs are what he seems to be about. I love him, and he's a strong contender, but we need to see him stretch.

JD - Crazy, I liked it. I think that he's like a NuWave Tom Jones. He can sing a song and make his own, even if it's not great. I know not everyone likes him, but he still has the charisma to make the audience love his performance.

Brandon - Yes, It's All Over Now was also his forté, but the performance doesn't qualify for bottom 3, though it's apparent that's where he'll be, because he's not right for "our band, INXS™".

Bottom 3:

Jordis - It pains me to say it, but her Layla sucked. She was much better in rehearsal. She deserves to be bottom three, based on tonights performance, but won't be, because of her previous successes.

Deanna - She was okay, but it just didn't win me over. I have to say, she got some unfair criticism about belting out Long Train Running, granted that is her comfort area. Yet when she sang a song softly a couple of weeks ago, she was reemed for it.

Jessica - Come As You Are, well as you aren't. I loved seeing her in her glasses, very Lisa Loeb. Maybe thats were she should be looking to for direction. She always tries to sing angsty punk and rock songs, and nobody believes it. I think she might think that's her, but it just isn't.

It will be either Jessica or Brandon who will go tomorrow, and I think Brandon can channel enough Micheal Hutchence to stay.

On a side note, it seems that all the females had another style clinic, as they all upped their fashion game, even Jordis (I think she's great, but usually seems more anti-glam, but not tonight). Deanna get's an award, though. She was STUNNING!

Edited To Add:

Perhaps it might be nice to see each contestant perform an original piece. I know that there are legal problems with that, but I'm sure that could be worked out.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 08-10-2005 at 01:21 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Boy, I wanted to like Jessica this week if only because I love that song. But it was like watching an uncharismatic Cher impersonator.
    Token Christian.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Boy, I wanted to like Jessica this week if only because I love that song. But it was like watching an uncharismatic Cher impersonator.
    She looked HOT, but what a lousy performance.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Not feelin' Jordis' look.

I hate to say it... this is not a very good rendition of the song either. Hard to imagine that this woman I'm watching is one of my favorites.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Marty and Ty were awesome, simply awesome.

JD - I think he tried too much to sound like Seal. That is a hard song to do, and he didn't kill it. That's about the most anyone can wish for.

Jessica ... Jessica, Jessica, Jessica... I see you going home this week.

Jordis - huh? She should have sung the slow version of Layla.

Deanna - it is too bad she's falling into the bottom 3. She totally rocked out, and deserves better than that. IMO, Jordis should be there for this week's performance. But Jordis is just too good overall to see the bottom three unless she completely sucks.

But we are getting to the point where you really have to have your A-game all the time; Brandon and Deanna had solid performances. Deanna moreso than Brandon, but still ... it's a shame that good performances are hitting the bottom three, but you really have to be GREAT and blow people away to stay in the game.

Oh no, I'm going to have to dis Jordis! (Nooooooo) "Layla," the Jessica Simpson version. It belonged on AI, not this show.
    Token Christian.

Chorita, I agree with everything you said about each of the performances tonight.

Ty was very passionate tonight, but I still get the feeling he's not right for INXS.
    Marty started off a little shaky in the beginning, but his performance was stellar. He's got "rock star" written all over him.
    Suzie sounded awesome. I loved the arraingment of Losing my Religion, even though JD helped her with it.

Jessica definitley should go. If she was "feeling" the song, Come As You Are, as she said, then I would hate to hear her sing it with no feeling at all. jeez.. She just didn't have any fire in her. It sounded like she gave up.

Didn't care for Jordis tonight, and even though Brandon sounded really good, his style just doesn't work with INXS.

Well, Brandon wins the 'energy' competition.

+ Reply to Thread