+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    What? Did you see what Brooke had under that napkin skirt?
    Sorry to disillusion you, but it looked a whole lot more provocative than it was. She actually had little spandex shorts on under the spangles.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Ok..the key word in your statement is we "aren't" seeing the best performance not we "haven't" seen the best performance of the evening...must be something that happened off camera???
    Very good deduction, Sherlock!
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    if I'm not mistaken they do an audience poll after the taping, but I'll have to refer to LAGuy for confirmation on that one.
    We have another winner! Yes, they give us all ballots on the way out of the studio. (Don’t imagine there were a whole lot for Jessica this week…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Based on what miss Minus-skirt said, it was indeed OUR votes (although that included international voters, who may have been quite a while ago, since I'm assuming the show was shown hours ago, or more, in for example... Australia
    I believe that international viewers get the actual show later. (If they want to vote, they have to watch the performances online.) Brooke, in fact, did alternate takes of her closing statements for international viewers, cutting out the bit about “an early look at the results”.

FYI, my East Coat Feed isn’t working this week, so I won’t be posting my Live Performance Report until after 11:00 PM PDT. So, please check back tomorrow if you’re interested in hearing about The Best Performance of the Night

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I say this to myself every week...

I HATE HAVING TO TYPE THOSE LETTERS/NUMBERS when i vote

Ok..now that I've got it out of my system...I guess I'll go vote awhile and then check back in with LAGuy's re-cap.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    I'm going to side with the the show's judges on Marty's performance.

It was a tough song, already set in monotone.

Going acoustic helped Marty give it life, and it showed guts and diversity.
    It was a million times better than Ty's attempt at The Killers, too.

Ty's a good singer...he's just not really a rock singer. Marty is a rock singer. JD is a rock singer. Deanna is a rock singer. Mig is a rock singer, but not a rock star. Brandon is also a rock singer but for some reason seems to always fall short. Suzie's voice is just a bit too pretty (but she was great tonight). Jordis has a beautiful voice but lacks passion and doesn't usually grasp a song's meaning (though I thought she did with her encore performance last week). Jessica just plain suck-diddly-ucks.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I thought JD was bad, until I heard Jessica. I think my ears are bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Sorry to disillusion you, but it looked a whole lot more provocative than it was. She actually had little spandex shorts on under the spangles.
    Hah, I knew I saw the shorts during a rear camera shot of her.

Am now dying to know what The Best Performance of the Night was.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I thought JD was bad, until I heard Jessica. I think my ears are bleeding.
    Maybe your hearing aid is inserted incorrectly. yes I'll stop now....

I envy you folks who can vote. The msn site doesn't like me. Something to do with cookies I suspect, but I'm too technologically challenged to correct it. Guess I'll just have to spend all my voting time on Big Brother.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Maybe your hearing aid is inserted incorrectly. yes I'll stop now....

I envy you folks who can vote. The msn site doesn't like me. Something to do with cookies I suspect, but I'm too technologically challenged to correct it. Guess I'll just have to spend all my voting time on Big Brother.
    Oh yeah...I'm voting on Big Brother too....sheesh is it any wonder my dirty clothes are piling up? I'm spending all my time voting online and reading the FORT......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Q! You rascal. You may be right...I'll try a new battery.

It doesn't like Canadians, I guess, Q....it won't let me vote either.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I say this to myself every week...

I HATE HAVING TO TYPE THOSE LETTERS/NUMBERS when i vote
    I guess that's supposed to slow down turbo-voting, but it certainly is annoying. It wouldn't be so bad except the marks they have to make you look closely at the code often look like 7's or L's. Straight forward letter/number combos would do the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread