+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star: INXS 8/07/05 Recap: Those Drunken Kids and Their Crazy Music

I think Ty was crying on purpose so people would see that and he would get sympathy votes. It will probably work.

The "Human Being/Being Human" moment was ...... wow. I think JD has gone well over his quota of "reality show tool moments," because not only was there that little bit, there was also him stomping off like a drama queen after getting into it with Jessica over song choice.

She'll probably ruin it and be voted off. Or at least that's my hope. At this point I don't think Jessica, Deanna, or Brandon are bringing much to the party.

He believes it’s unfair that African-Americans are not well represented in the world of rock, and I laugh a bit to myself, considering that the genre itself was sparked by Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, and the like.
    I just got finished watching this show, and found myself thinking much the same thing: "Hey - didn't they pretty much invent Rock & Roll?" But what the heck do I know?

“MiG,” says J.D., struggling to keep his inebriated self upright, “Sometimes we’re all just being human, because we’re all *switches arms* human beings. No, I can’t do this moment justice with these mortal words . . . it was honestly the cheesiest thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. And it was beautiful, man.
    Yeah, but they were drunk, man.

Thanks for the recap Manny. Now that the network has shifted the Monday night show, a lot of folks will be depending on you for their info.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    Ty is not the only African-American contestant. What about Jordis?
    Jordis's father is from Tonga, a Pacific Island.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Those guys have to learn not to be too open with reporters, especially ones who write for a tabloid like The Star. Mig fell right into that trap...

Write for HubPages.

"Ha Ha, what about Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Donna Summer, the entire Motown and Disco era artistes (yeah I know the latter are less rock and more pop, but whatever...). "

But can you name any heavy rock artists who are black?

Write for HubPages.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Thanks for the great re-cap, Manny!!

I just finished watching the replay on Vh1 and came away thinking that JD is a bloody lunatic.... and I love it. I didn't interpret his human being comment as anything more than just booze talking. How many of us have said/done stupid things drunk? I think he was trying to be funny-- mission accomplished.

He's a little intense, who cares? He's entertaining on and off the stage. This kid rocks. I could honestly watch him all day long. Crazy can be fun!

FORT Newbie
    At the end of the show post credits....All the guys went into Jessica's room where she showed them something....they then cut to JD and Brandon laughing....Anyone know what she showed them.... i missed it thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by indian09
    At the end of the show post credits....All the guys went into Jessica's room where she showed them something....they then cut to JD and Brandon laughing....Anyone know what she showed them.... i missed it thanks.
    We were discussing this on another board. I maintain that it was a giant turd in the toilet, but other posters have theorized that it's a piercing in a NWS area on a woman's body. I suppose the world may never know.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Thanks, Mantenna! I, too, am unable to watch this now that it's been moved, and really appreciate your posting this so quickly!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast