+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do the contestants have to 'rock out' to each others performances?

Why do the contestants have to 'rock out' to each others performances?

It's not very rock star. In fact, it's downright cheezeball.
    Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by willybobo123
    It's not very rock star. In fact, it's downright cheezeball.
    Any thoughts?
    I like it,I think some of it's phony at times but it must be incredibly loud in the theater and they are just getting into the music.
    That or the producers told them to do it.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    This topic is hilarious.

They rock out because they are being political. Who wants to appear a cold, heartless creep on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    This topic is hilarious.

They rock out because they are being political. Who wants to appear a cold, heartless creep on tv.
    Right, that's Dave's department.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    I think many of them are genuine. I can only speak for myself, but if I'm really feeling a performance, I'm going to react; I just cant sit there. I'll jump up, pump my fist, wave my arms from side to side, scream, holler, jump up and down and/ or just sing along. My daughter looks at me sometimes and says, Mom it's only a tv show... calm down. I can only imagine how they feel, because they know each other. Some have formed bonds so they have a mutual respect for one another. And even though it is a competition, some probably root for each other. Or on the flip side, some could just be fawning for the cameras and the audience.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

It's not so much the singers "rocking out," it's more the audience and their antics/reactions.

On the last show w/the audience clapping-pointing on the drawn out intro to "We Will Rock You" was my case in point. Do you really think all those audience members wanted to do that? Didn't look like it to me.

And, the women all surprised and giddy after a male contestant singles them out. They are reacting like it was Elvis or one of the Beatles... That is cheesy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    One of the things I love most about MiG is the fact he seems to get into other contestants performances...clapping, smiling, encouraging them when they look over at the other contestants. I think its genuine and not fake at all......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB
    On the last show w/the audience clapping-pointing on the drawn out intro to "We Will Rock You" was my case in point. Do you really think all those audience members wanted to do that? Didn't look like it to me.
    True. But when you've been instructed by production for 10 minutes to do it, you either do it -- or come off looking like an ungrateful fool who doesn't want to play at the party. As I said in another thread: doing all the clapping & cheering & audience participation stuff is the "price of admission" to me. I get to see some great, rockin' performances (along with some sucky ones) every Sunday afternoon for free. All they ask is that I show some enthusiasm -- and to play along even when I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    One of the things I love most about MiG is the fact he seems to get into other contestants performances...clapping, smiling, encouraging them when they look over at the other contestants. I think its genuine and not fake at all......
    You're right, MiG is probably the most enthusiastic and supportive. But all the guys are pretty good -- even everyone's favorite whipping boy. The ladies tend to be a bit more restrained on the whole. But I don't get a negative vibe from anyone. At times there may be a tit-for-tat thing going on (i.e. "I'll cheer for Jessica, so she'll cheer for me"), but on the whole I think they really do all respect one another.

I've actually been waiting for someone to sit on their thumbs during anothers performance. So far that hasn't occurred, but it seems like you can gauge current power or popularity level (which I have difficulty differentiating between on this show) by watching how aggressive or passive the observing rockers move and groove to their competitors performance.

Not all get the same sort of love.

How about this?

They rock out because they LIKE to!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast