+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving Rockstar Monday Night to VH1

Moving Rockstar Monday Night to VH1

from tvguide.com...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

ON THE MOVE: CBS is shifting the Monday-night edition of its struggling Rock Star: INXS to sister network VH1, effective immediately. The Monday installment which basically features the contestants preparing for that week's performance will now air Sundays at 8 pm on the cabler. The Tuesday performance edition and the Wednesday results show will continue to air on the Eye net.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-03-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Plus, according to Variety:

CBS now plans to end the "Rock Star" run two weeks earlier than planned, with the skein's finale now set for Tuesday, Sept. 20.

Oooo, you and I were posting at the same time LAGuy. I put it up on a new thread though (wasn't sure if it fit here or not).

Maybe it's ending 2 weeks earlier because of the fact 2 people were eliminated last week....and MAYBE we have another double-elimination coming up!
    kitty-cats rule!

Well, thanks a bunch of behalf of the Canadian viewers, CBS. I wasn't THAT crazy about the Monday shows but I appreciated the opportunity to watch if I wanted to. At least I still have Fort recaps.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Regular
    Smart move on both counts.

Actually, I think they should've taken it one step further and just put the Monday night show out of it's misery altogether. These contestants are strangers, very few of us really care about their personal lives off the stage. We just want to see how they are going to perform on stage each week and evaluate them.

And with the show to end on Sept. 20, that leaves only 6 weeks to get rid of 8 contestants (assuming they are going with a final two). Looks like some more double eliminations are likely, which is also a good move. Let's get the good singers doing INXS songs instead of hearing the castoffs do them.

This show had the potential to be really good, but was really dragged down by a weak, overcrowded talent pool (excepting for the half dozen or so obvious standouts), a poor song selection process, and two horrible co-hosts. Burnett really dropped the ball on this one.

I don't agree that it was a weak talent pool (possibly excepting Wil) - these guys are head and shoulders above any given AI/CI performer. Hell, the entire show is head and shoulders above the Idol shows...I've pretty much given up on CI this season because it's such a letdown to watch after Rock Star. And I'm no fan of Brooke whatsername, but I'll take her and Dave Navarro over Ryan Seacrest any day.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

giz
    I'm a little disappointed. It seems to me they need a spin doctor on this one, all the publicity seems to be about how the show is tanking. I'm enjoying the show, and if it had enough backing a lot of other people would be too. I don't think the format needs tinkering with, just get the word out.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I don't agree that it was a weak talent pool (possibly excepting Wil) - these guys are head and shoulders above any given AI/CI performer.
    I'm not familiar with the CI performers, but friggin' Bo Bice is better than some of the stiffs they chose to compete for INXS.
    And that ain't saying much...

The show is getting bad publicity because it is tanking, it is not tanking because of the bad publicity.

The actual performances themselves are enjoyable (even some of the bad ones can be fun to watch), but everything else about the show sucks.

Oh....one exception. I like the fact that the judges (INXS) have the final say in who goes home, rather than the idiot voters. AI could adopt a similar format, at least until they got down to the final two or three. Or let the judges pick the top 2 or 3 performers in a given week and have them "exempt" from elimination that week.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    And I'm no fan of Brooke whatsername, but I'll take her and Dave Navarro over Ryan Seacrest any day.
    No way...Dave and Brooke are absolutely horrendous. Seacrest would do a much better job with it.

What? This thread surprises me!

First of all, I love the Monday night shows because I enjoy seeing the background on these contestants and how they interact with each other, and what they say about each other. It's great!

Secondly, the show is tanking? I'm confused. I love this show! It sooooo kicks AI's asssss. I can't believe other people don't like it -- much better talent, much better music, much better performances, much better judges, much better audience interaction, much fewer commercials... It is concert-quality work, every show. How can this show possibly be tanking? I feel horrible about this. This is one of the best values on TV right now.

I'm confused...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast